Trump Tax Cuts

So I take it to mean that your concern about "printing more money" in other posts was just a lot of hot air?

Trumps reference to default is what has been going on in this country for far too long.
We borrow money then print money and flood the market........devaluing the dollar amount we pay back. Wonder why several want to get away from the US dollar?
Did he say that is what he'd do or is that what you think you heard?

I guess we just disagree. I am not a big fan of government choosing what gets grown. I am also not a fan of corporate welfare. Artificially propping up an industry or product could lead to fraud and abuse. Competition in the marketplace i believe leads to innovation and better products. Why find a better more efficient way to grow crops or make something when the government is guarenteeing you always win.

I wish the government was involved when I was dating in high school.
They don't choose what is being grown they only encourage it. That being said have you ever NOT been able to get a fruit or vegetable you wanted? I would say our abundance of food in the United States is proof the model works. There is also the fact that nothing is stopping you from growing your own crops in a small garden.

I agree propping up any industry leads to fraud and abuse. You just have to ask yourself if, by your standards, the benefits outweigh the negatives. Think of it like this. The city gives TULE all kinds of perks. What you might call corporate welfare. However, TULE also pays well (by local standards) creating a tax base and has a lot of other companies serving it. American Airlines creates many more jobs in Tulsa than just who is on American Airlines payroll. So overall TULE is a benefit to the Tulsa economy.

If you don't think there is innovation in farming you are dead wrong. Farmers are some of the most innovative people there are. GPS guided tractors, robotics, self sustaining energy models, genetic engineering, automation. I met someone just the other day who is doing research in hydroponics.

Please look at this website. You will see "innovation" here. Drones, software, and sensors. I would classify this as pretty "high tech".

http://bestdroneforthejob.com/drone-buying-guides/agriculture-drone-buyers-guide/

Trumps reference to default is what has been going on in this country for far too long.
We borrow money then print money and flood the market........devaluing the dollar amount we pay back. Wonder why several want to get away from the US dollar?
Did he say that is what he'd do or is that what you think you heard?
Defaulting is great. So long as you're not the one being defaulted on. Some poor schmuck in the construction industry that Trump defaulted on doesn't have the power or resources to really "get back". But what happens on a larger scale?

I do recall reading years ago when Trump (whom I couldn't stand - even back then) was quoted as saying that if you owe the bank $10,000 and can't pay it back - you're in trouble. When you borrow $10 billion and can't pay it back - the banks in trouble. But....he personally has done "very well". It's comforting to know that decisions affecting world issues may well be based on Trumps plans for a golf course somewhere.

Well dell, I, for one, will wait to see what my tax rate will be, on 1/31/18, as i get ready to prepare my 2017 return !
(It will be).. "Just the FACTS Ma'am, just the FACTS ". (Sgt Joe Friday).

Based on what I heard, my effective rate will drop by 1.5 to 2 percent. I think I'll used that windfall to buy an extra pack of Oreo's next time I am at the store.

I agree propping up any industry leads to fraud and abuse. You just have to ask yourself if, by your standards, the benefits outweigh the negatives. Think of it like this. The city gives TULE all kinds of perks. What you might call corporate welfare. However, TULE also pays well (by local standards) creating a tax base and has a lot of other companies serving it. American Airlines creates many more jobs in Tulsa than just who is on American Airlines payroll. So overall TULE is a benefit to the Tulsa economy.

That works well in Tulsa. Head north a few hundred miles and let me tell you what happens in Kansas. Our illustrious governor offers tax "incentives" to get companies to move here. The trouble is - the largest county in the state borders a city called "Kansas City, MISSOURI". Companies have gotten tax breaks to literally move across a street named "State Line Road". On the books, Kansas just got 500 "new jobs", but not very many people are going to move from Missouri to Kansas because their employer moved 200 yards down the street. So no increase in income tax revenues....no increase in property tax revenues (part of the incentive deferred property tax payments). But that 500 job "smoke and mirrors" project makes it look like Kansas policies "create jobs". MIssour has done it's fair share of "job poaching" from Kansas. The Missouri governor approached the Kansas governor to take steps to stop these state line hopping policies - but Brownback won't consider it.

Based on what I heard, my effective rate will drop by 1.5 to 2 percent. I think I'll used that windfall to buy an extra pack of Oreo's next time I am at the store.

If it would help you cope any better, you and any other Lefty that feels the Central Planners at the IRS really need more of your money, you can write them a check for any extra amount you wish, they WILL cash it, and then you can all go into your safe rooms with the play doh and coloring books and all feel better.

Defaulting is great. So long as you're not the one being defaulted on. Some poor schmuck in the construction industry that Trump defaulted on doesn't have the power or resources to really "get back". But what happens on a larger scale?

I do recall reading years ago when Trump (whom I couldn't stand - even back then) was quoted as saying that if you owe the bank $10,000 and can't pay it back - you're in trouble. When you borrow $10 billion and can't pay it back - the banks in trouble. But....he personally has done "very well". It's comforting to know that decisions affecting world issues may well be based on Trumps plans for a golf course somewhere.

Trump was using bankruptcy law created by our legislators....what else needs to be said?

What was your take when Obama broke bankruptcy law and sent the GM secured creditors to the back of the bus?

If it would help you cope any better, you and any other Lefty that feels the Central Planners at the IRS really need more of your money, you can write them a check for any extra amount you wish, they WILL cash it, and then you can all go into your safe rooms with the play doh and coloring books and all feel better.

Now you mentioned IRS.....I'd really like to see tax law enforced on all those fed employees that were claimed to be in arrears and lets not forget enforcing collections on the likes of Al Sharpton and others.

Better than not being able to afford the first pack of Oreos because of Demorat tax increases!

That works well in Tulsa.
Yes it does.

It works much better than giving an able bodied 20 something year old welfare money to sit and produce nothing for YEARS because they "can't find work".

KCFlyer if I did not see such obvious abuse of "entitlements" they would not even be on my radar.

I am sorry your governor is making poor decisions for the Kansas economy. Just follow the money to see who is benefiting and that is probably who "bought" the poor decision.

Latest posts