Tulsa MD-80 "Pulse Line" Frozen

So, the concept works if it's staffed correctly?

Shocking.
By your own admission, it appears that your prediction was wrong.

Also shocking.
Looks like the fear worship, propagation, and mongering on your part didn't work, D.

Nobody said the verdict is in yet, Just that it is currently on schedule.

The Fat Lady isn't singing. However, with the exception of position one, 3 day open, most do seem to be accepting the change now. The dirty, filthy, position one will forever have a huge turnover/churn problem and training will be ongoing as the low seniority victims move in and out as they can bid elsewhere.

Change is a hard thing to take, especially for the "ole timers' (and I use the term lightly) and for lots of others as well. And those "in charge" know this. Everyone knew (and still knows) that this would be a hard thing to sell. I appreciate Informers comments (a miracle in itself) and to reiterate that this system is working. And quickly mention in regards to Informers comments that seniority does have it's privileges. We have some of the best mechanics in the industry and the proof of their dedication is the fact that we are being successful. This is an ongoing process and guess what folks.....you ain't going to please everyone. Hopefully we can get the whole system on board with this and have some ammunition come negotiation time.

And a quick shout out of thanks to those who are accepting this change and making it a success.

<_< ----- Bill! I hope that remark about "Ol' timers have a hard to time with change" wasn't a dig at us! Because we haven't seen anything but change around here lately! But change just for change sake, is not necessarily always a good thing!---- ;)

<_< ----- Bill! I hope that remark about "Ol' timers have a hard to time with change" wasn't a dig at us! Because we haven't seen anything but change around here lately! But change just for change sake, is not necessarily always a good thing!---- ;)

Just an expression "ol' timer". ;)

You have to admit though that the "change" is not being accepted very well in some places. I don't really consider this change as "change just for change sake" as you put it.

Productive change is a good thing. But it is hard to teach an "old" dog new tricks!! ;) ;) ;)

Guys & Gals:

The "Pulse Line" is nothing new for AA at TUL.

Decades ago the same thing was tried in hanger 2 with the Convair aircraft. When they could be pulled through from north to south due shorter wingspan.

You can still see the etched markings in the concreate floor there for each "nose wheel" position as the aircraft were moved from station-to-station.

There is also an old black/white photo taken of this "line" back then. Probably the '50's era. Maybe early 60's.

have some ammunition come negotiation time

I have been hearing that same line of crap at every contract negotiation since 1992.

Tell me bill when does the twu pull the trigger and fire some of that Ammo

You must be shooting blanks because we keep losing the fight.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guys & Gals:

Decades ago the same thing was tried in hanger 2 with the Convair aircraft. When they could be pulled through from north to south due shorter wingspan.

You can still see the etched markings in the concreate floor there for each "nose wheel" position as the aircraft were moved from station-to-station.

There is also an old black/white photo taken of this "line" back then. Probably the '50's era. Maybe early 60's.
<_< ---- That's right! aa did have Convair 990's? TWA flew 880's. Fast little Aircraft for their time, but hell to work on!!! If your talking 880's, or 990's your talking late 60's! Just about the time I started work for TWA. 880's ,707's, and 727's ruled the skys for quit a few years!!! :up:

Guys & Gals:

Exactly, the TWU is taking the companys old snake oil and putting it in a new bottle.

I especially like the line that if we give the company all these productivity improvements now it will be ammo for negotiations. How could it be leverage when they already have what they want? Reminds me of this story:

http://allaboutfrogs.org/stories/scorpion.html

The only difference is the scorpian will wait till they get to the other side.

Exactly, the TWU is taking the companys old snake oil and putting it in a new bottle.

I especially like the line that if we give the company all these productivity improvements now it will be ammo for negotiations. How could it be leverage when they already have what they want? Reminds me of this story:

http://allaboutfrogs.org/stories/scorpion.html

The only difference is the scorpian will wait till they get to the other side.

B-I-N-G-O

TWU leaders are either as stupid as they come, or are just bought off.

Sometimes, I wonder if they are not re-paying the debt accumulated to stop the AMFA election and the NMB.

Sometimes, I wonder if they are not re-paying the debt accumulated to stop the AMFA election and the NMB.
I strongly suspect that is at least part of the case, afterall, the LM-2's do not reflect the extra UB and other costs related to having dozens of people off the clock to fight the drive.

I strongly suspect that is at least part of the case, afterall, the LM-2's do not reflect the extra UB and other costs related to having dozens of people off the clock to fight the drive.
<_< ---- Problem is AMFAMAN, they were probley "on" the clock!!! :shock:

B-I-N-G-O

TWU leaders are either as stupid as they come, or are just bought off.

Informer what you just posted about repaying a debt is top of the list as to why this bed wetting is taking place. This has been a topic of discussion for about a week now!