Tulsa MD-80 "Pulse Line" Frozen

FWIW TWA traces it's history to 1925. In 2000 TWA celebrated it's 75th Aniversary. I believe that at the time they were considered the nation's oldest carrier (in existance).

I'm on the road now but somewhere at home I have a book which lists what the initial carrier was that provided service in 1925 as the predecessor carrier.

FWIW TWA traces it's history to 1925. In 2000 TWA celebrated it's 75th Aniversary. I believe that at the time they were considered the nation's oldest carrier (in existance).

I'm on the road now but somewhere at home I have a book which lists what the initial carrier was that provided service in 1925 as the predecessor carrier.
For what it's worth...

American's History
American Airlines, like most of the major U.S. carriers in the 20th Century, can trace its origins to the Air Mail Act of 1925.

Twa's History

TWA's long history began in 1930 when Transcontinental Air Transport and Western Air Express merged in a "shotgun wedding" at the strong urging of the U. S. Post Master General, Walter Folger Brown.

One thing for sure, we will eventually go out of business together. :p

You're correct about the attrition without recalls, but in the past year, there have been 60 management hired off the street into maintenance, 47 of them being analysts or engineers in TUL. That leaves 13 for the rest of the system, Ken. Hardly what I'd call rampant hiring off the street. So, anyone else was alread on payroll, either as an AMT or elsewhere in management. If you're seeing something different, PM me and give me specifics. Anything else is a bucket of prop wash.

How many AMTs have been recalled? How many have been hired?

<_< Question! for our brothers in TUL!---- How many total AMTs do you normally have, on all three shifts, working a 767 heavy "C" check in one dock? A light "C" check? Just curious! :huh:
[/quote]

Um, we don't know, because we haven't seen a B767 in TULE since the early-mid 1990s...

I can't even remember when they left for AFW...

It would be foolish for someone involved to be posting on this bulletin board.

We are simply reporting what has happened, not braggin that we are involved.

Who knows what "THE" issue is, my guess is there are far more than just ONE!

You're not involved because you choose not to be and that is your perrogative. There are many of us on this pulse line who know that it will work, because we are making it work.

So, as it was explained to me, you just sit back on your happy fat ass and let us do the work and put in the effort to save your job. Because God knows you aren't going to do much. And when it is all said and done, I won't even expect a bit of gratitude from you.

And that goes for the rest of you naysayers thru out the system who choose to sit back and criticize. I don't and never have seen any ideas or effort for that matter from any of you. You want everyone else to do the work for you. So be it.

You're not involved because you choose not to be and that is your perrogative. There are many of us on this pulse line who know that it will work, because we are making it work.

So, as it was explained to me, you just sit back on your happy fat ass and let us do the work and put in the effort to save your job. Because God knows you aren't going to do much. And when it is all said and done, I won't even expect a bit of gratitude from you.

And that goes for the rest of you naysayers thru out the system who choose to sit back and criticize. I don't and never have seen any ideas or effort for that matter from any of you. You want everyone else to do the work for you. So be it.

Bill who?
Bill the YES voter?
Bill the management tool?
Bill the "I am afraid to identify myself"?

As for those of us throughout the system who sit back and criticize? Can you please give a little bit more detail as to what is being criticized? Certainly you don't mean the concessions that were given to save jobs only to have those jobs lost? Or perhaps you mean all the concessions that were given WITHOUT snapbacks? Oh, oh, maybe you mean the FACT that we aren't allowed to elect/vote international officer positions?

You want ideas and effort? Check out WWW.AMTAUSA.COM. Don't worry, your computer will not explode looking at an organization that promotes the craft & profession of the skilled, professional AMT.

Okay, I'll acknowledge that I do criticize something. I criticize the fact that you remain unable to explain/show that you believe in having a backbone. Satisfied?

I made more from the IdeAAs in Action program being compensated for good ideas than you will make in the next two years!

But you are the HERO and willing to give ideas for free now. Just like everything else, you give away compensation in all forms and then complain that we will not offer for free. You surely are a Supervisor or on some leadership team pretending to be management.

Go for it HERO, I'll watch and laugh.

If I had a link to a good sheep sound, I would gladly play it for you daily.

I made more from the IdeAAs in Action program being compensated for good ideas than you will make in the next two years!

But you are the HERO and willing to give ideas for free now. Just like everything else, you give away compensation in all forms and then complain that we will not offer for free. You surely are a Supervisor or on some leadership team pretending to be management.

Go for it HERO, I'll watch and laugh.

My point exactly. What happened, did I hit a nerve in your sorry ass. It's folks like you who will do NOTHING to accomplish anything but when it is all said and done you take the credit for it.

Who gives a damn about your ideAAs Informer. That was then this is now. Do something now. Oh, I forgot, you can't. It's against your "freeloader" philosophy.

If doing my part to help save my job makes me a hero then sign me up. You have some warped idea that fits your ideology that working hard to keep what I have makes me a management kiss-ass. Keep right on believing that Informer. Not much is going to change your half witted mind anyway.

Oh, and when you go to cash in that stock, you can thank me for that too.

You know if you'd have had your way we wouldn't be having this conversation here on these boards. We'd be chattin' it up in the UNEMPLOYMENT LINE.

Here let me save you the time and embarrassment.........YOUR WELCOME FOR SAVING YOUR JOB
!!!!!

Bill who?
Bill the YES voter?
Bill the management tool?
Bill the "I am afraid to identify myself"?

Name calling quit working for me around the 5th grade.

When are you gonna figure it out?

It's difficult to listen to your side of the issue when all you do is insult one of your co-workers that happens to have an opinion different than your own.

Name calling quit working for me around the 5th grade.

When are you gonna figure it out?

It's difficult to listen to your side of the issue when all you do is insult one of your co-workers that happens to have an opinion different than your own.

Listening to a person's "side of the issue" takes into account FACTS and the TRUTH.

My "side of the issue" is that we gave concessions with NOTHING in return.

My "side of the issue" is that the international doesn't have international positions elected by the full membership. They are appointed.

My "side of the issue" is that regardless of "Bill's" point he remains nothing more than an anti-labor, management mouth piece extension.

Bill doesn't have an opinion diffeent than mine. That would require him to have the ability to think for himself. Bill spews pro-management idealogy. He doesn't understand the idea of craft unionism.

But thanks for the post though. Perhaps Bill will look at what my "nitpicking" web site does and he can call me a name too. ;)

Bill,

As I read through your post, it appears you are the one with a nerve struck and a wild hair up your arse. You have your rather large FEAR WINGS flapping diligently and the "I'm gonna lose my job" Corporate Union paranoia brain washing complete with the "I can make a difference" at much less pay philosophy running on high octane.

I have worked around your type before, that all "me" and its all about "I" mental retardation factor.

The last guy I worked near like you swore when he retired that the airline would shut down within 6 months of him leaving the work force, turns out he was just a number like you and I.

Oh, if I forgot to thank you for single handedly increasing the stock I apologize, but truth is even IF you reach $500 million in Tulsa by the end of the year, that is about 1/10th of 1 percent of the AA operating budget. Big friggin feal. Not to mention management is going to cash in most of your effort in April in the form of cash bonuses. But hey, thanks anyway you galiant stud you.

Come on by my work area next week and we will discuss work ethics and how hard I should be working.

You must be Checking it Out's twin brother, you post and think just like him. Did you get burned also?

If doing my part to help save my job makes me a hero then sign me up.
I thought the concessions saved your job and the recognition for that is spread out among 18,601 M&R workers, not just you.

I thought the contract states we have job security and cannot be laid off.

I thought the twu said that their superior contract language assures us that the company cannot outsource any of our work.

So be a hero all you want, outside of TULE, nobody really cares what you do.

Latest posts