Tulsa To The Rescue..... BUT WHY?

Not really. As I stated earlier I believe it would be more strategic to control multiple facets of the airline business.

That's correct. This Dude should know this, he's been reading this forum since May 2010.
Thanks for confirming.

Why should I know that? I am a Fleet Service Clerk. I am sure AMP has been discussed on this forum, however, I don't read every single post. I only read the ones that catch my attention. As a FSC AMP does not really catch my attention.
Then maybe you need to check things out before posting inaccuracies!!

I do believe that AMP was started by several Tulsa based AMT's for AA mechanics and related only. I don't believe it was/is a multi-airline union.

I believe. Sounds like you did not know for sure yourself. However, your correct in that I should have researched it better before I posted.

Most of what I knew about AMP was from "shop talk". Perhaps I misunderstood what was being said or perhaps the people discussing AMP did not know themselves.

I researched AMP today.
http://ampnational.org/
I am now informed.

Terry Maxon
[email protected]
"This is truly a grass roots effort to establish a Union for you. This is not an existing outside union trying to take over. This is a group of individuals from with-in the Membership forming our own Union at American Airlines."

I am confused about this however

58617_128540833861675_117942711588154_144843_362780_n.jpg

Why would they invite all title groups. I thought they were mechanics only.

I believe. Sounds like you did not know for sure yourself. However, your correct in that I should have researched it better before I posted.

Most of what I knew about AMP was from "shop talk". Perhaps I misunderstood what was being said or perhaps the people discussing AMP did not know themselves.

I researched AMP today.
http://ampnational.org/
I am now informed.

Terry Maxon
[email protected]
"This is truly a grass roots effort to establish a Union for you. This is not an existing outside union trying to take over. This is a group of individuals from with-in the Membership forming our own Union at American Airlines."

I am confused about this however

58617_128540833861675_117942711588154_144843_362780_n.jpg

Why would they invite all title groups. I thought they were mechanics only.

The answer is somewhat long winded but the readers digest version goes like this, as far as the NMB is concerned your title group at AA is irrevelent what you actually do at work is what matters when it comes to representation elections, case in point is if you are a cleaner at the Tulsa base you are title 3 but as it pertains to a election you are part of the class and craft of mechanics because you clean aircraft and lay carpet, jobs that are considered a mechanics job another case is fueler at Dfw title 3 has guys who work mids a go around and fuel all the tugs and belt loaders these guys are considered fuelers which is also considered part of the mechanics job etc etc etc.

This is how AA/TWU stole the election from AMFA in 2004 they kept claiming all the title 3 cleaners at the line stations where part of the class and craft and the NMB at the request of the company and the afl-cio added just enough to claim we where 27 cards short of the 50% needed to have a election they added over 1200 title 3 workers to the list.

Now since that determination we know who's in and who's out and can predict how many cards we need much more accuretly and we know we need the cards from the title 3 cleaners in Tulsa so we invited them to the meeting.

If you want more details I will be happy to answer your questions send me a email and I will give you my cell number.

Thanks for your questions.

Well in that case I see 2 scenarios.

#!
Wait it out. We are on the chopping block at TULE anyway. Though I have heard rumors that it is "on the table"
to change us into OSM's. Though that creates a seniority mess.

Ask us to support your UNION (AMP) on the condition that we would be welcome to transfer (or bump) to OSM with our FSC seniority counted as title one at 100 percent for current TULE employees only. I don't know that you would get that many takers (for transfer not support, most of these people don't want to be a mechanic and would rather stay a FSC or quit). I also don't think our high seniority people would be a threat to any license holder since they are VERY unlikely to be licensed.

I await your response.

Well in that case I see 2 scenarios.

#!
Wait it out. We are on the chopping block at TULE anyway. Though I have heard rumors that it is "on the table"
to change us into OSM's. Though that creates a seniority mess.

Ask us to support your UNION (AMP) on the condition that we would be welcome to transfer (or bump) to OSM with our FSC seniority counted as title one at 100 percent for current TULE employees only. I don't know that you would get that many takers (for transfer not support, most of these people don't want to be a mechanic and would rather stay a FSC or quit). I also don't think our high seniority people would be a threat to any license holder since they are VERY unlikely to be licensed.

I await your response.

Well as stated above you where already invited to attend the meeting and support AMP because you would be part of AMP whether you like it or not if we where successful, back in 2004 the consensus was to offer you guys a choice to transfer back into title 3 somewhere else within the company or make you guys title 1 aircraft cleaners because that was where the work originally came from, the later with your seniority because there are very few title 1 cleaners and it would have been a easy fix.

Unfortunately the twu was very successful at convincing the OSM's and the Cleaners that AMP was designed as a A/P mechanic only union. as with so many other of the issues I have expalined to you this is simple not the case we will represent the best interest of the class and craft there is nothing to be gained by outsourcing any work because all it leads to is more outsourcing and in the end it will get all of us, that is why we started AMP because if we do nothing the twu will destroy the wages and benefits of all our jobs to the point we will be forced to find other employment.

The choice is yours, I would only add quit listening to the twu and get the facts,the 2004 AMFA filing is online at the NMB.gov under representatiton elections they are listed by year go look it up and you will see where you guys where add to the class and craft if you where a cleaner back then you will most likely see your name in the filing. by the way a few of your coworkers have signed cards.

I see. I have litterly NEVER heard of AMP trying to get Fleet to sign anything. As a matter of fact everything I have heard from people in our shop ("shop talk") says that AMP wants nothing to do with Fleet. Maybe some were trying to "hush" it. I have been with AMR since 2000 and I have never heard about this meeting.

You say some in our shop have signed. No one I know has made such a claim . I will assume what you say is true. Why have the signers not been more vocal about it?

I would be interested in signing. However, I have said some rather controversial things on here. I don't want to "out" myself or make myself a target for the TWU or AMR (which wants to keep their puppet UNION I am sure). I know I am on the chopping block anyway but, I was hoping to draw unemployment while I attend school. I can't get that fired. Here I am anonymous but, once that is broken (such as meeting someone and getting identified), I am a target.

Do you have a solution to this problem?

Just because I won't be there anymore does not mean I don't support your cause. Through myself and marriage my family has been connected to AMR for three generations (all UNION). I do want to support the future of AMR employees.

Signed
Waiting to sign.

Yes I know that. Recently I have been in the supervisors office for some "manufactured" discipline which lasted (thanks to shop steward) all of 24 hours. It was ridiculous and the company had no case when they called me in the office (which is, I am sure, why it got resolved so quickly). This experience showed me that they are trying to head hunt. They can claim they are firing you for A when they are really firring you for B. I am not making myself a target.

I see. I have litterly NEVER heard of AMP trying to get Fleet to sign anything. As a matter of fact everything I have heard from people in our shop ("shop talk") says that AMP wants nothing to do with Fleet. Maybe some were trying to "hush" it. I have been with AMR since 2000 and I have never heard about this meeting.

You say some in our shop have signed. No one I know has made such a claim . I will assume what you say is true. Why have the signers not been more vocal about it?

I would be interested in signing. However, I have said some rather controversial things on here. I don't want to "out" myself or make myself a target for the TWU or AMR (which wants to keep their puppet UNION I am sure). I know I am on the chopping block anyway but, I was hoping to draw unemployment while I attend school. I can't get that fired. Here I am anonymous but, once that is broken (such as meeting someone and getting identified), I am a target.

Do you have a solution to this problem?

Just because I won't be there anymore does not mean I don't support your cause. Through myself and marriage my family has been connected to AMR for three generations (all UNION). I do want to support the future of AMR employees.

Signed
Waiting to sign.

Thats fine, just so you know we will not divulge your name to anyone from the company or the twu just as I did not tell you which of your coworkers have signed. you can email me a address to mail a card to and you can mail it in,or as I said before you can get my number and I can tell you who to get in touch with in Tulsa it is up to you how far you are willing to go in this organization whether you ever tell anyone you signed is your business but at least take a neutral postion in public and encourage others to look into the matter, as i said it is all on public record of how and why you guys are included.