Tulsa To The Rescue..... BUT WHY?

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
Today AA asked for several volunteer AMT's to go to DFW to fix hail damaged aircraft. AA had several vans sitting under the tent (I assume these were to transport the mechanics since AMR could not fly into DFW due to weather). Here is what I want to know. After AA's B.S. bankruptcy filing, their aggressive, offensive, and despicable attack on labor, their refusal to honor reasonable contracts, and years of "retaining the talent" on our concessions, why did the AMT's agree to go?

The correct response in my eyes would have been to tell AA to "kiss the fattest part of my a**" by refusing the field trip.

We truly are a union of fools. And TULE today was the head clown. Being a TULE employee myself I am truly disappointed and ashamed of my fellow coworkers.

Reactions: 3 people
Today AA asked for several volunteer AMT's to go to DFW to fix hail damaged aircraft. AA had several vans sitting under the tent (I assume these were to transport the mechanics since AMR could not fly into DFW due to weather). Here is what I want to know. After AA's B.S. bankruptcy filing, their aggressive, offensive, and despicable attack on labor, their refusal to honor reasonable contracts, and years of "retaining the talent" on our concessions, why did the AMT's agree to go?

The correct response in my eyes would have been to tell AA to "kiss the fattest part of my a**" by refusing the field trip.

We truly are a union of fools. And TULE today was the head clown. Being a TULE employee myself I am truly disappointed and ashamed of my fellow coworkers.

I'd be curious as to whether AA was able to fill those seats. For what it's worth, I believe it would be rare for any station to not have a percentage of those losers . A very insecure bunch I would say. Can it be said that AFW and DFW (DWH) forced the company's hand?

Very few if any AFW folks went as far as I know.

You get it, many don't,

this is why we are never taken seriously and this is what the company counts on. everyone talks sh*t and when the time comes to make a minor sacrifice in the spirit of any unity the weak walk the earth and we support the people who are tearing us down!

and dont start with how you were forced! They can not force you off base unless you have a one station agreement.

New slogan: "will take a field trip if provoked"

Reactions: 2 people
Two packed vans left. 7 individuals were management. Heard they are scrambling for more. Seen a lot of tool boxes moving.

How many F*****G times do I have to SAY IT ???

THERE ARE NO REAL UNION (so called) MEN in Okie-homa.
They S * * K !!!!!!!!!!

The DEEPER AA "inserts IT" (minus the K Y), the MORE the OKIES say "Don't Stop...............M O R E " !!!!!!!!!!

Red Neck SHITE HEADS !!!!!!!!!!

Un freaking real ..... selfish SOB's ....... jackass's like this should have serious peer pressure put upon them , we are our own worse enemy.

Two vans..... I counted five on the first trip by the tent and 4 on the trip back. I do not know how many vans were actually filled only how many they had available.

Tom Barry I live in OK. I was raised in OK. I totally support the concept of a Union. The problem is TWU is NOT a Union they are an illusion of a Union. The TWU is there to make you believe you have some kind of power, that you have some kind of voice. You do not. At least not through them. The TWU is there as a form of control. The problem with the TWU is it has no fear of its members.

Let me give you some examples of things TWU did that no real Union would ever do.

The TWU accepted a concessionary contract with no bounce back clause in 2003.
The TWU reserves the right to accept a contract its members voted down "in the best interest of its members".
The TWU uses members that did not vote and counts them as favorable votes for the trash the company puts out.
The TWU (at least for our contract) sold our benefits down the river wholesale but managed to keep our base pay the same (union dues) and judging from the 15 dollars the company says they want from mechanics (or so I heard) I would be VERY concerned (again union dues).
The TWU has allowed programs such as Jr. Mechanic and Jr. Fleet Service Clerks (with 2 different pay scales for the same work mind you).
The TWU has allowed ridiculous numbers of part time employees.
The TWU has split its membership into several contract groups.

Does this sound like a Union to you?

What you don't understand Mr.Barry is the TWU will not GET you anything. They will not GIVE you anything. The only way your going to get anything is if the workers unite without some illusionary company puppet giving out false hopes and "we'll get em next time's" and actually create a Union they can control. A Union that FEARS it's members. Not some company snow job with a bunch of "internationals" that we can't touch and are getting payoffs. Mr. Barry I submit that you really don't know what a Union is. You have been deceived. You have been controlled.

The best kind of control is when the person being controlled actually thinks he has a voice.

Its too late for me. As someone with only 11 years with the company I am out the door anyway. But the time has come to make a decision. It is now time to draw a line in the sand. Get rid of the TWU lie and get a Union YOU actually control. AMFA is not the answer. It is the same trap as the TWU. Make sure your future Union leadership can be sent down the road for failure. The TWU thinks you have no teeth... prove them wrong... get rid of them.

The time has come to make a decision. Do you want to be the controller or the controlee.

I hope you get a little smarter Mr. Barry.

La Li Lu Le Lo, An OKLAHOMA resident.

You get it, many don't,

this is why we are never taken seriously and this is what the company counts on. everyone talks sh*t and when the time comes to make a minor sacrifice in the spirit of any unity the weak walk the earth and we support the people who are tearing us down!

and dont start with how you were forced! They can not force you off base unless you have a one station agreement.

New slogan: "will take a field trip if provoked"

Not to bring up old wounds. But now you know why I said we should have voted YES on the T/A because we would never get anything better. It wasn't that the T/A was good, it was that we do not have a Union that can take a stand on any issue, even when fully legal to do so.

While you guys talked about strikes and release, many of us work in a cess pool that is much different in thinking and their is no leadership to change that.

6 AMTs leaving from Composite Repair Center this morning to DFW.
Can't say I blame some of them.
Getting field trip wages as an AMT while they can. Won't be long before some of em will be OSM's going on field trips making OSM wages. Or laid off pulling in unemployment wages.

Not to bring up old wounds. But now you know why I said we should have voted YES on the T/A because we would never get anything better. It wasn't that the T/A was good, it was that we do not have a Union that can take a stand on any issue, even when fully legal to do so.

While you guys talked about strikes and release, many of us work in a cess pool that is much different in thinking and their is no leadership to change that.

Thank you!

This is the reason why AMFA, AMP or any other organization won't change things. It's the cess pool of much different thinking people going around calling themselves "union brothers", but instead are more IGM. How many times have I said this and you attacked me everytime.

I think it's time to bring the baseball bats out and do what unions did in the 30's & 40's!

Keep helping the company!! YOU IDIOTS!!!

Reactions: 4 people