TWA Heritage Plane

MCI transplant said:
Last I heard, Uncle Carl still owned rights to the twin globe logo! That's why we had to modify it when he pulled out.---- At one time, that logo was the second most recognized American logo in Europe. Second only to Coke a Cola. I guess he felt it might be worth something some day. One of the few things he kept after squeezing  everything else he felt he could out of the Airline!
The twin globes would be the best and only tribute.....I'd rather paint a pair of balls on the tail before giving that POS Icahn a penny.

Reactions: 1 person
MetalMover said:
The twin globes would be the best and only tribute.....I'd rather paint a pair of balls on the tail before giving that POS Icahn a penny.
Now that we both agree on!!!

I have it on a very good source that the TWA , Reno Air , and Air Cal retro planes will be 737-800's . Due to the fact that most of the employees of these airlines are at AA and there are more AA 737's than there are A319's. The TWA retro plane will be the Red Double Stripe livery .

Reactions: 1 person
chilokie1 said:
I never worked for TWA but I feel if we are going  to do it you better do it right 
for the legacy of one of USA's great airlines, so I say go Vito Corleone on Icahn's
ass and make him an offer he can't  refuse. The Twin Globes is the only choice.
Think of it this way Pepsi-Co buys Coke and kills the brand, ten years later
they want to sell Coke limited edition , are they going to use THE NEW COKE
logo from the early eighties. Hope they do it for all the ex TWA guys and retiree's.
It would be nice to see the old double globe logo on a flying aircraft again, but I doubt it will happen. Icahn still has a score to settle with AA for beating him out of the karabu deal in bankruptcy, which he felt he had in the bag!