TWU Democracy

Bob Owens

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
Well it looks like the M&R negotiating committee has a new chairperson.
The committee had notified the International that they wanted new leadership, they wanted Burchette out and Videtich in, what they got was Burchette out and Gless in.

At JFK Gless is known as an abbreviation for "GetLESS.

Not what the committee wanted, but its not the first time. Back in 2002 the M&R guys wanted Videtich to be made an International rep, they specificly stated they did not want Gless, so what did Little do- he made Gless an International Rep. Thats Democarcy Jim Little style. So much for the illusion that the negotiations committee has any real control over negotiations.

Well it looks like the M&R negotiating committee has a new chairperson.
The committee had notified the International that they wanted new leadership, they wanted Burchette out and Videtich in, what they got was Burchette out and Gless in.

At JFK Gless is known as an abbreviation for "GetLESS.

Not what the committee wanted, but its not the first time. Back in 2002 the M&R guys wanted Videtich to be made an International rep, they specificly stated they did not want Gless, so what did Little do- he made Gless an International Rep. Thats Democarcy Jim Little style. So much for the illusion that the negotiations committee has any real control over negotiations.
Don has been the chief/lead negotiator from for the Maint and related since the beginning.

When is someone going to do the homework and required paperwork to form an independent union on the property and begin the card drive?

When is someone going to do the homework and required paperwork to form an independent union on the property and begin the card drive?
Thats up to Tulsa. The line guys tried over and over again for over 40 years but Tulsa blocked it every time. AMFA was started by a group of AA mechanics in JFKs Hangar 10. They put in a lot of their own time and money and did well everywhere except Tulsa.

If the boys in Tulsa ever decide they want a new union they wont have any trouble getting the line guys, and all the other departments, to sign on.

OBSERVER Don has been the chief/lead negotiator from for the Maint and related since the beginning.

Then I guess its the Presidents council where they wanted the change. The feedback we got from our President was they wanted to make changes-the assumption was changes at negotiations since very few people are even aware of the existance of a "Presidents Council".

Thats up to Tulsa. The line guys tried over and over again for over 40 years but Tulsa blocked it every time. AMFA was started by a group of AA mechanics in JFKs Hangar 10. They put in a lot of their own time and money and did well everywhere except Tulsa.

If the boys in Tulsa ever decide they want a new union they wont have any trouble getting the line guys, and all the other departments, to sign on.

Then I guess its the Presidents council where they wanted the change. The feedback we got from our President was they wanted to make changes-the assumption was changes at negotiations since very few people are even aware of the existance of a "Presidents Council".
C'mon the President's council has been in place a very long time. Don has been the point man in negotiations period.

C'mon the President's council has been in place a very long time. Don has been the point man in negotiations period.
Well say what you want, the AA system coordinator is second only to Little. That is the man in charge of all aspects of the TWU/AA system, including negotiations. Don reports to him. Don is the point man that all the negotiators go through, Gless is who the company works through.

The Presidents council has no authority. Find me the clause in the TWU Constitution that grants the Presidents council at AA any authority whatsover over the contract or the affairs of the TWU. In 1999 the Presidents council voted against seperate locals, took the International to court and lost because the TWU testified that the Presidents council has no authority over anything. The court agreed. The same is true for the negotiating committee. Show me where they have any authority whatsover.

The AA Presidents council doesnt even have the authority to pick who the AA system coordinator is. That pretty much says it all.

The Presidents council and the negotiating committes are nothing more than advisory bodies. The International realizes that without their support they could never get what they want passed so they drag out these meetings for extended periods of time, put on a big show to make it appear that they came up with these agreements in order to get them to endorse it when they go back to their members. Basically these committees are scapegoats.

My $100 offer still stands. Someone pm me the federal EIN of the new independent union and I'll send the c-note. Get $100 each from 10,000 disgruntled members of the worthless union and you've got a million bucks to get started. Plus that $100 from me.