TWU has AA proposals

1AA

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
OK folks, fasten your seat belts. This is only the beginning.
7.gif']

Directors Update 03-03-03

TWU International received a comprehensive proposal from American Airlines...

Directors Update:

This evening TWU International received a comprehensive proposal from American Airlines regarding reorganization covering our eight collective bargaining agreements (CBA).

We will review the company proposal with our financial analyst tomorrow and update the Locals and membership. As I have previously stated, before any proposal or plans for restructuring are presented to our Local Presidents and membership the TWU International must be convinced that AA has a viable plan for reorganization.

Sincerely and fraternally,

James C. Little,
Director Air Transport Division

OK all you SUPER SLEUTHS out there.

Lets see who among you is the FIRST one that posts factual detail/details of the Major league CORNHOLE/ING that we're about to receive,(AA proposals), that is currently in the hands of the TWU.

This effort will require some real detective work.

My money's on either "Hopeful", or "AAquila"

Oh, did I fail to mention, that the winner gets an autographed picture of "BOTH" Don Carty, and (Baby Crandall) Gerard Arpey ??

"Have at it boys"
[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif'] [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif']

NH/BB's

NH/BB,Remmber,Concesions from employees are only a Bond Aid, and will only buy A.A. time to get it's act together! It's not, or shouldn't be procieved as a Cure All to get A.A. out of this mess! Carty had better have a plan, or it'll be more of the same in a few more months!

NH/BB's: I'm flattered! Thanks!

ANyways, my guess is:

12% paycut including the 3% we just got,

One week vacation give back for those with five weeks and over.

Reduction of annual sick days accrual or the equivalent of not getting paid for a few each year.

Cabin Service elimination (if not, steeper paycuts for all)

Major reductions in Title II work.

The closure of one major overhaul facility.

the contracting out of a greater pct of overhaul work

the elimination of many shops in the overhaul base

new type of pension plan that will apply to ALL employees with the same formula

people 55 and over will stay with current pension plan. Those 55 and under will have a 401k plan with a few % company match.

loss of 2 holidays!

more cross utilization. mechanics to accomplish the work of title groups under it.

more drastic changes in medical plans with less options.

and, of course, major layoffs in all work groups as a result of work rule changes..

JUST a HUNCH THOUGH!

Mechanic and Ground Workers:

12% paycut thru March 1, 2007.

Closing of Maintenance Facilities.

Further/Accelerated reduction of fleet size.

Relief in Job Security Provisions.

Relief in labor-loan, severance, moving allowance, and assignment work rules. Heavy cross utilization.

Removal of all force majure grievances.

Changes in Contracting Out provisions.

Reduction in Vacation, Sick Time, and Holiday Pay.

Has Insp68 returned as KC Tirechanger? It sounds just like him, but he spells a little better than Insp68.

The following was taken of the Local 563 website. It is an email to ORD Local 563 members from its president, Paul McCormack:

Gentlemen,

I just received a call from Bob Gless, International Representative. He gave me a heads up that American Airlines has delivered a 'proposal for relief' to the International. Bob said that it seemed pretty comprehensive and by the time it was delivered he stated that as of this time today the ATD did not have ample time to fully digest it.

When asked he stated that ' they pretty much want everyhting'. He also added that after the ATD has ha a chance to go through the 'proposal' the ATD would send out an update.

So, if you any rumors from the Company, they may very well be true; AA most certainly will or already have a press release in the works.

I will keep you posted as I get information.

Paul

American Airlines gives proposal to ground workers
Associated Press

FORT WORTH, Texas - American Airlines submitted a proposal Monday on how the Transport Workers Union could restructure its existing labor agreement to meet the airline's request for $620 million in annual employee cost reductions for TWU-represented employees.

The suggestions were for the "mechanics and related" group and the "joint committee," which covers fleet service clerks and six other units.

Leaders of the American Airlines pilots union have approved a resolution to negotiate a new contract with concessions in mind as the airline struggles to avoid bankruptcy. Last month, American told its workers that it needs to cut $1.8 billion in labor costs.

An analyst has warned that American must gain concessions from its unions to avoid a bankruptcy filing by midyear.

American said its proposals for the TWU lay out a variety of options to achieve the needed cost savings and provides the framework for the collaborative discussions.

"We remain committed to being flexible in how each work group achieves its target of cost savings," the company said in a statement Monday night.

American said its negotiating team would meet Tuesday with TWU International representatives to answer questions. The airline said it expects to begin meeting soon with the union's negotiating teams.

A message left with the TWU headquarters in New York was not immediately returned Monday night.

The airline's three major unions - for pilots, flight attendants and ground workers - have signaled their willingness to discuss concessions. The flight attendants and ground workers have contracts in place that would have to be changed.

All three unions have stressed that any contract give-backs must be contingent on a future economic benefit to employees if the company returns to profitability. American has indicated that it wants its labor cuts to be permanent.

American lost $5.2 billion over the past two years as it struggled with a downturn in business travel and competition from low-fare rivals like Southwest Airlines.

American is expected to lose $800 million more during the first quarter of 2003.

email this / print this

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/4/2003 6:39:08 AM Hopeful wrote:

NH/BB's: I'm flattered! Thanks!

ANyways, my guess is:

12% paycut including the 3% we just got,

One week vacation give back for those with five weeks and over.

Reduction of annual sick days accrual or the equivalent of not getting paid for a few each year.

Cabin Service elimination (if not, steeper paycuts for all)

Major reductions in Title II work.

The closure of one major overhaul facility.

the contracting out of a greater pct of overhaul work

the elimination of many shops in the overhaul base

new type of pension plan that will apply to ALL employees with the same formula

people 55 and over will stay with current pension plan. Those 55 and under will have a 401k plan with a few % company match.

loss of 2 holidays!

more cross utilization. mechanics to accomplish the work of title groups under it.

more drastic changes in medical plans with less options.

and, of course, major layoffs in all work groups as a result of work rule changes..

JUST a HUNCH THOUGH!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Hopeful;
Of all the things that you've "HUNCHED" about, the one that I "hope" your most right about is the pension (age 55+)

"BUT",
Like everything else at AA,
TIME WILL TELL !!!!!1

NH/BB's

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/5/2003 12:16:04 AM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

With our current agreement scheduled to be "renewed" on 3/1/04, It's rather strange that here we are(on 3/1/"03"), basically negotiating our next agreement, ONE YEAR EARLY !!!!!!

NH/BB's
----------------
[/blockquote]

The TWU is coming! The TWU is coming! The redcoats are coming...