TWU has hands in FA Negoiations

justanadd

Advanced
Jan 20, 2003
PFAA Negotiations Hotline Message for Sunday, January 15, 2006

Today is Sunday, January 15 and this is your updated Negotiations Hotline message.

Throughout this week we met with the company in New York City, NY. International Executive Vice President James C. Little of the Transport Workers Union (TWU), International TWU Vice President, Gary Drummond, and the TWU staff generously hosted us at his offices where we both negotiated with the company and met separately. We have immense gratitude for Jim and our TWU brothers and sisters who extended us their solidarity. We also met with the company at the Cadwalader, Weckersham and Taft law offices and we are now continuing to negotiate at the Roosevelt Hotel.

PFAA Executive Board members, President Guy D. Meek, Vice President Doug Moe, Secretary-Treasurer Andy Damis and Member at Large Karen Schultz joined us, as have our legal staff (Scott Petersen), economist (Dan Akins), actuary (Claude Poulin), strategist (Mark Richard) and staff negotiator (Joan Prince Crandall) to support our work at the table.

Quite a few proposals have been exchanged this week including items related to Section 6 (Scheduling), Section 7 (Reserve), Section 8 (International), Section 9 (Purser), Section 16 (Occupational Injury), Section 17 (Medical Exams), Section 18 (Leaves of Absences), Section 19 (Uniforms), Section 20 (Seniority), Section 22 (Safety, Security and Health) and Section 30 (Retirement). Concepts of Section 12 (Filling of Vacancies) and Section 14 (Reduction in Force and Recall) were discussed, but no formal proposals were exchanged.

There has been some movement in each of the sections and we are closer to a tentative agreement. The roller coaster sort of negotiations we have experienced this week will be worth it if a consensual agreement 1113©

is reached with the company. We are hoping that this goal can be achieved before the pending January 17th 1113c hearing date. We will continue to work throughout the day and night on your behalf and ask you to continue to view the proposals on pfaa.com and to stay informed and unified.

This concludes Negotiations Hotline Message #26. As a reminder, copies of the Union's and company proposals will be available for viewing on the PFAA website at www.pfaa.com. During these intense sessions of bargaining, the proposals may not be posted immediately, but they will be updated as soon as possible. This hotline message will be updated as events at the bargaining table progress.

Please remember to fly safe and remember to demand, not decline, Union representation.

In Unity, the PFAA Negotiations Committee

PFAA Negotiations Hotline Message for Sunday, January 15, 2006

Today is Sunday, January 15 and this is your updated Negotiations Hotline message.

Throughout this week we met with the company in New York City, NY. International Executive Vice President James C. Little of the Transport Workers Union (TWU), International TWU Vice President, Gary Drummond, and the TWU staff generously hosted us at his offices where we both negotiated with the company and met separately. We have immense gratitude for Jim and our TWU brothers and sisters who extended us their solidarity.
The same Jim Little who crammed concessions down AA workers :up: as PT Barnum once said "A sucker is born evrey minute" :lol:

No doubt Do-little will tip off Scab Air management to anything that will help them screw the PFAA further. Remember, little Jimmy testifyied in a lawsuit that he spent 6 years in AA management. Didn't the twu just try to raid the PFAA?

I don't know what Guy Meek was thinking using the twu for anything. :down:

SSSSTTTTRRRRIIIIKKKKEEEE!!!! Strike! Show PTO that you aint afraid of shutting down his "wonderful airline"!!! Good Luck to all of you F/As and the rest of the UNIONIZED Employees!

If Little is involved you guys are screwed.

Meeks should be recalled immediately. He is probably being paid off by the TWU.

All you guys talk about is how great unionism is and then you bash every union out there but continue to give them a check every month. You guys are so confused that you don't know if you’re coming or going.
Unionism is great, like so many organizations, some are good, and some not. I would rather have a poorly run union, than none at all. The problem is not the members at large or the reps on the floor, its the minions at the top. If anyone is "cornfused" scab boy, its you. Your an "at will" scab at a bankrupt, ruthless carrier, whom regards its employees as whale dung. You have not been at your Scab Air "career" long enough to form any kind of real opinion. The more you open your mouth 'Cods, the more shoe leather you injest. I bet your wifey is happy your not home. :blink:

Actually I just arrived at home. Well about 100 miles from home anyway. Got bumped on the home flight so I took an alternate. She didn't know I was coming so now shes really excited I am here and is on the way to pick me up.

So how long is it going to take for me to work here before I get "uncornfused"? :lol:

Well Hackman we agree and disagree all in one tiny paragraph.

To me the "Concept" of organized Labor is a sound and just one. You have correctly identified the problem that unions face today and that is essentially themselves and the leaders at the top.

Where we disagree is that a poorly run union is better than none at all.

Looking at the current AMFA situation one could argue that the AMT's have had about all the "Help" they can stand from their union.
Good point...well said.

CORRECTION:

Any true desire of change would be to replace the existing MANAGEMENT with one you have faith in.
Both management and union need serious overhaul. If management were to emphasize LEADERSHIP vice bean counting, paperpushing REMF attitudes, than unions would be unneccessary. If unions would realise that you cant win a war against yourself, and stop seing the average hardworking American as just a source of dues to funnel money to political causes, than they would regain the respect of the average joe that was lost.
There are no innocents here. All share the blame. We all need to quit bickering about the past, and who did which wrong first, and figure out how we're gonna save this airline, as well as this industry.

Both management and union need serious overhaul. If management were to emphasize LEADERSHIP vice bean counting, paperpushing REMF attitudes, than unions would be unneccessary. If unions would realise that you cant win a war against yourself, and stop seing the average hardworking American as just a source of dues to funnel money to political causes, than they would regain the respect of the average joe that was lost.
There are no innocents here. All share the blame. We all need to quit bickering about the past, and who did which wrong first, and figure out how we're gonna save this airline, as well as this industry.

Agreed in part.

AMFA does not funnel money to any political cause.

While I'm sure NWA had their own reasons for ousting the IAM, at UAL, this was a major selling point during the AMFA drive.

Well Hackman we agree and disagree all in one tiny paragraph.

To me the "Concept" of organized Labor is a sound and just one. You have correctly identified the problem that unions face today and that is essentially themselves and the leaders at the top.

Where we disagree is that a poorly run union is better than none at all.

Looking at the current AMFA situation one could argue that the AMT's have had about all the "Help" they can stand from their union.
Well, I am in the most worthless union, the TWU. As a membership, we have tried to change how the TWU is run, but since the TWU International is untouchable, and we do not own our contract, we cannot. So we will continue to try and dump them. Now that said, the reps (most of them, we voted out many of the sellouts) on the floor do alot of good things at the local level. I couldn't imagine being an "at will" AMT at a ruthless carrier, its hard enough now.

I vehemently disagree with your stance on the "AMFA situation" Piney. What would you have had them do, just bend over and take it like the IAM does? Disregard the RLA and be sued? The AMFA members voted to strike (92% yes?), and they knew it would be tough, but they stood up to the bully anyway. They did what any respectful union should have done, WALK!! The AMFA tried very hard to negotiate with the management thugs, but as you now see with the F/A's and the pilots, Stealin' and his band of thugs ain't talkin' except to intimidate and insult the workers. Large Marge isn't at full song yet. As the saying goes, "I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees"....

Latest posts