TWU-IAM Finally Getting Ready for JCBA Negotiations

I'm sure we will hear about it before it shows on the website.

Hopefully they rule on the representation election for Dispatch, Sim Techs and Ground Instructors at the same time.

2ndGENAMT said:
Why did they even post this letter?? What is their definition of "soon"?

Apparently....the end of February, although there is a Local on the record as saying March.

Whatever happened with Jan or Feb?  This Wed will mark 27 weeks, amazing how long they are taking...

We all know a decision will be made soon. What will it be concerns me.
Will we have a vote on this?
Will it be pushed through without a vote?
Did the association fail to prove that it will be a representation body of both unions?
The one thing everyone is concerned about is that there never was any showing of interest from either unions membership. 

I wonder if they are going to make all the decisions at once. The association as well as the representation election for the 3 smaller groups.

1AA said:
Did the association fail to prove that it will be a representation body of both unions?
The one thing everyone is concerned about is that there never was any showing of interest from either unions membership. 
I really hope you guys at least get a chance to vote on it.  If not, I predict chaos to break out.  Could luck guys.  Your right 1AA, there was never a showing of interest by the membership, the TWU and IAM is trying their hardest to get this pushed thru without a vote in order not to lose the membership in way way or another.  I also hope your organizers have all their ducks in a row, probably the last shot at anything, JMO...

1AA said:
The one thing everyone is concerned about is that there never was any showing of interest from either unions membership. --Per NMB rules, if both unions agree there is no need for a "show of interest."

swamt said:
Whatever happened with Jan or Feb?  This Wed will mark 27 weeks, amazing how long they are taking...

Obviously there's a plan and money to be exchanged!

NYer said:
The one thing everyone is concerned about is that there never was any showing of interest from either unions membership. --Per NMB rules, if both unions agree there is no need for a "show of interest."
Are you sure? Show us the exact reference on the nmb ruling you are referring too. Cwa and ibt had a internal vote before applying for the association between usair and America West. I never gave the IAM permission to speak for me on my behalf and the usair guys never gave the twu to speak on their behalf. I'm sure the nmb is pressured to move this through without a vote with some unusual explanation.

NYer said:
I would LOVE to see the total context of this statement.

Agree to what? Before or after the membership is balloted?

The IAM has no standing to agree to anything beyond backing away from the situation, just as the other two junior membership unions did in the FAs and Pilots siuation.

And where did you get your J.D. in the RLA and the NMB representational manual?

Back