TWU-IAM Association thread

I see no fast contract in place to vote on. Two unions, two airlines, two diverse work ethics, two different work rules, two different scope rules and so on have to come together. Do you really think it will happen quickly? The only way I see it happening if a scam deal is forced on the negotiating committee? Remember that the international owns the contract and voting is merely a courtesy to the members.

Reactions: 1 person
It's been done plenty of times before, IAM has lots of experience in JCBA negotiations.

Here are just a few questions that we all need answered before we think about a signed JCBA.

Is our pre-funding money issue going to be settled?

Will the Assoc. keep the IAM Pension for those at USAirways? Since most AA employees are in 401k's

The Remaining Stock equity issue settled?

Will Kasher and McCaskill Bond issues with employees effected be completely spelled out?

Is the 4% wage adjustment a signing bonus, and will that be part of the Delta + 7%? or can we expect to get over the life of the new deal the Delta + 7%?

Is this contract going to be a bridge contract? Just to get us together then we will get em next time?

Will the Association get the company to put it in writing that any employee who retires from now till then will receive the stock & pre-fund money plus the interest?

Will a complete set of New work rules for us all be part of the JCBA or will it be written as we go like our last Deal?

We all could add more to this but just something that everyone both US & AA employees need to think about.

1AA said:
I see no fast contract in place to vote on. Two unions, two airlines, two diverse work ethics, two different work rules, two different scope rules and so on have to come together. Do you really think it will happen quickly? The only way I see it happening if a scam deal is forced on the negotiating committee? Remember that the international owns the contract and voting is merely a courtesy to the members.

I'm curious about something with you? Since you now have a confirmed 2 year bar on being able to submit cards for your preferred choice for representation. Meaning even collecting cards for the next year is a wasted effort since they'll be tossed. Have you ever tried contacting the International and speaking to any of those voted in leaders yourself? Phone, E-Mail, a walk directly into their offices?

Just about every single individual in a leadership position of control that you feel wronged you in the last dozen years or so either left, retired or was removed from both the Int'l and the ATD through the last election. Does that say anything to you in your mind? Or is your problem just with the acronym "TWU"?

Is your agenda no matter what direction has been taken since the new leaders took office or may continue to move just to continue to throw stones on here, your breakrooms, or wherever you feel maybe a willing ear will listen to you?

If you really are an employee of AA, a mechanic or even a TWU member what is your purpose now? What role do you feel you serve in continuing to attempt to undermine the situation now that you know absolutely that you have no effect in changing what just came to pass with the NMB ruling?  

First of all the pre-funding issue is still in chapter 11 court, negotiations will not cover that, as the APFA has it in arbitration and the TWU is waiting the outcome to see if they will sue or arbitrate.

The IAMNPF or the 401k match are subject negotiations and you will have a vote on any JCBA.

So you are putting the cart before the horse.

The stock issue has nothing to do with the IAM nor the JCBA, its was a bankruptcy issue, now its in court as the plaintiffs sued.

A raise isnt a signing bonus, where did you come up with that idea?

The 4% is included in the 7% that the other unions got so far, they got DL plus 3% then the company gave both groups an additional 4%.  Did you read what the APA and APFA got? It was 7% across the board on all steps on the scales immediately.

Kasher nor McCaskill-Bond dont present any issues as the IAM and the TWU already agreed on Seniority Integration and has been over almost two years.  My ex is on the committee.  The Kasher Arbitration only applied to the AA/TW merger which has been settle years ago.

Do you keep up on what is happening?

It sure doesnt look like it from your posts.

The JCBA will more than likely have the same duration as the APFA and APA which was five years.

Once again, the pre-funding and stock are legal issues in the court/grievance procedure, nothing to do with negotiations once again.

Work rules will be combined in the new JCBA.

WeAAsles said:
I'm curious about something with you? Since you now have a confirmed 2 year bar on being able to submit cards for your preferred choice for representation. Meaning even collecting cards for the next year is a wasted effort since they'll be tossed. Have you ever tried contacting the International and speaking to any of those voted in leaders yourself? Phone, E-Mail, a walk directly into their offices?
Just about every single individual in a leadership position of control that you feel wronged you in the last dozen years or so either left, retired or was removed from both the Int'l and the ATD through the last election. Does that say anything to you in your mind? Or is your problem just with the acronym "TWU"?
Is your agenda no matter what direction has been taken since the new leaders took office or may continue to move just to continue to throw stones on here, your breakrooms, or wherever you feel maybe a willing ear will listen to you?
If you really are an employee of AA, a mechanic or even a TWU member what is your purpose now? What role do you feel you serve in continuing to attempt to undermine the situation now that you know absolutely that you have no effect in changing what just came to pass with the NMB ruling?
Walk in my shoes (A/C Maintenance) then you can talk all you want about the TWU and their officers. Your ramp has always benefited much better than me and my fellow AMT's. Bottom line is the TWU always screwed us over with bad contracts and back door deals. Don't suggest about making changes because we tried and where either ignored or lied too. Ask Bob Owens about the changes he and Chuck attempted to make for better accountability from the international. What happened to your ignore feature? You wouldn't by any chance be obsessed or threatened by me would you? LOL. On another note good performance at the Miami Parker meeting.

1AA said:
Walk in my shoes (A/C Maintenance) then you can talk all you want about the TWU and their officers. Your ramp has always benefited much better than me and my fellow AMT's. Bottom line is the TWU always screwed us over with bad contracts and back door deals. Don't suggest about making changes because we tried and where either ignored or lied too. Ask Bob Owens about the changes he and Chuck attempted to make for better accountability from the international. What happened to your ignore feature? You wouldn't by any chance be obsessed or threatened by me would you? LOL. On another note good performance at the Miami Parker meeting.
Well at least you saw that I do wear a FSC Uniform.

Whatever you feel other "people" did to you still doesn't change the FACT that it was other people. Those "people" are now gone, some of them if you're taking your story all the way back to 1983 are LONG gone.

Threatened no. Saddened yes. Saddened about your obsession, saddened about your anger and saddened that you aren't even going to give "people" a chance to maybe do what's right by you or at least try to make amends. Saddened also that you never throw any blame at the company. It's as if the TWU had all the power to do all of those nasty things to you and no one else can take the blame.

Again I'm saying with these "people" who are in office now that at least you can "warily and cautiously" give them a chance? What really do you have to lose since they're going to continue to move forward with or without your support. 

WeAAsles said:
Well at least you saw that I do wear a FSC Uniform.
Whatever you feel other "people" did to you still doesn't change the FACT that it was other people. Those "people" are now gone, some of them if you're taking your story all the way back to 1983 are LONG gone.
Threatened no. Saddened yes. Saddened about your obsession, saddened about your anger and saddened that you aren't even going to give "people" a chance to maybe do what's right by you or at least try to make amends. Saddened also that you never throw any blame at the company. It's as if the TWU had all the power to do all of those nasty things to you and no one else can take the blame.
Again I'm saying with these "people" who are in office now that at least you can "warily and cautiously" give them a chance? What really do you have to lose since they're going to continue to move forward with or without your support.
Not obsessed, too many chances in the last 30 years and it's the same thing regardless of who is in the international. As long as the structure of the twu remains the same it will be business as usual for M&E. Blame the company for what? It is the twu that allows the company to make changes with the blessing of the union. You sure you really work for AA? You can support the twu all you want but don't tell me to ride the same bus when my fare on the same bus is much higher and more restrictive than yours.

Question,  What ties the different title groups contracts to each other? I remember
the struggle it took to get separate negotiations, I feel we didn't go far enough. 
I would like to see totally separate contracts between the work groups.

The negotiations for the AMTs at United & Southwest are stalling, and it is just
my opinion that those companies are waiting for the next round of concessions 
the AMT's at American will be offered by the New American Airlines.

I would love to see Teamster, AMFA, TWU & IAM AMT's supporting each other,
it would have sent a powerful message to have IAM , TWU & AMFA AMT's walking
side by side at the Teamster "rally" at the United annual shareholders meeting.

Throw in a bunch of guys from Delta, TIMCO, AAR, Lufthansa, ...etc, & you would 
have a movement.

The problem AMT's face today is the same as junior congress member's  in Washington,
they are pressured to vote party lines, not issue by issue.  Its all for the greater good of
the Party/Union not the Nation/Craft & Class. 

thanks 700   the way we all were told was that they would start    thanks for the clarification     the rerun elections (no thanks to Nelson) is slated for June 25 

robbedagain said:
thanks 700   the way we all were told was that they would start    thanks for the clarification     the rerun elections (no thanks to Nelson) is slated for June 25 
They were suppose to start robbed, under no circumstances any later than 30 days after certification. That was according to the "signed document" MOU. Well, the "Association" will meet, not the negotiations on July 6th. Obviously, MOU's mean nothing to this crew.

"But in no event later than 30 days after certification"

Reactions: 3 people
AANOTOK said:
They were suppose to start robbed, under no circumstances any later than 30 days after certification. That was according to the "signed document" MOU. Well, the "Association" will meet, not the negotiations on July 6th. Obviously, MOU's mean nothing to this crew.

"But in no event later than 30 days after certification"
The association has said many things. In writing and verbally. That's all it is, just talk. In the meantime it's costing us $$$$ at every passing day. The association filing -- DELAY and lose of 4% and still losing. We lost the 14% equity and no word from the union on any time when we will get it back. More lost $$$$. The prefunding issue dragging on not months but years. More lost $$$$. Yes it's a new beginning with the new American and the association. Company making money hands over fist, the unions holding our equity and collecting dues. We are being punished financially while they make money. Is this what unionism is about?

Reactions: 5 people
You forgot to read the disclaimer. "30 day window is subject to changes brought about by lawsuits from Local 591 and refusal of local officers not participating in joint IAM and TWU negotiation prep meetings set up months before anticipated NMB approval. No amount of whining will alter accelerate the process or alleviate any financial distress to the membership. Any other outcome subject to the membership's election of new officers"

Remember Local 591 was spending your dues money on trying to block the Association and by default slowing the process that would see you getting DL+7% plus Parker's added 4%. We all got what we wanted when we elected the current group of officers.

Rojas and Knapp for new Local 591 President and VP. They can get it done.

Overspeed said:
You forgot to read the disclaimer. "30 day window is subject to changes brought about by lawsuits from Local 591 and refusal of local officers not participating in joint IAM and TWU negotiation prep meetings set up months before anticipated NMB approval. No amount of whining will alter accelerate the process or alleviate any financial distress to the membership. Any other outcome subject to the membership's election of new officers"

Remember Local 591 was spending your dues money on trying to block the Association and by default slowing the process that would see you getting DL+7% plus Parker's added 4%. We all got what we wanted when we elected the current group of officers.

Rojas and Knapp for new Local 591 President and VP. They can get it done.
They can't or won't even explain why the MOU wasn't followed.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts