Twu International

Bob Owens

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
What many members may not know is that Labor Unions must file form 5500 which is available to anyone who wants it from the DOL.

All you have to do is request a copy from the DOL and you can do so through their web site ot contact ;
Raymond Wilkins
Senior Disclosure Clerk
Public Disclosure Room.

US Dept of Labor
Employee Benifits Security Administration
200 Constitution Ave N.W.
Washington D.C. 20210

While the actual forms are quite dull is in the Appendix's where things get interesting. The appendix is where they try to explain away irregularities that dont fit neatly into columns and where they hide all the good stuff.

In addition to the 5% per year increase, compounded annually, the normal retirement age is 60, but they can enjoy a larger pension the longer they work. They can also retire at 55 with no penalty.

Participation in the plan begins after 1000 hours of service.

They also dont have to participate in LTD, as the plan includes disability insurance after 10 years of service.

Amount of pension;

Normal

2-1/2% of compensation paid to a participant by the union in the last twelve moths of service for each year of benifit Service up to 20 years, plus 1-1/2% of such compensation for each year of Benifit service in excess of 20 years.

Late(as with Sonny Hall)
Determined in accordance with the above frmula, based on Benifit Service and compensation at late retirement date.

So Sonny Halls pension is based upon over $200,000/year

So .025 x $210000=5250 x 20=105,000 + (3150 x 20=63000)=$168,000

So Sonny Hall is looking at around $168,000 a year now.

Next year he gets a 5% raise, $8400 , $ 176400 for 2005
2006= $185220
2007= $194481
2008= $204420
2009=$214630

So before we get a new contract Sonny Hall will have seen his retirement pay surpass his 2003 working pay, in the meantime we will still be working for 15% less than what we were in 2003!

In order for the TWU to continue to grant themselves such generous retirements they have to keep the dues flowing, no matter what. The money that we pay to the TWU in dues is not going to get us a better life, but it will get those in the International a better one!

and im sure sonny the "bus driver'' hall has earned every penny :angry: the TWU is nothing more than a dues collection agency who will whore themselves to the company in order to keep the "dues" flowing at all cost.

Hey cling-on!!! Got anything of your own to add??? Is your twu brain getting mushy from be sat on??? :blink:

I guess Capt Kirk had to go, he has nothing to constructive to say on his own. He had to go back to the 'nuts page to get more material for his posts? I saw him lurking here, but I guess he could not formulate a thought process at the keyboard by himself.

Maybe Spock told him to get back to work polishing his boots......who knows. :rolleyes:

Sufferin' Succotash!

That's Despicable!

I cannot wait to watch the Drippy Quill defense to this revelation.

Thanks for adding another log to the TWU needs to Burn Fire.

I think that this will be another one of those threads that the TWU faithful avoid!

So 5% a year, compounded, every year.

So over the same period of time that our pay will only go up 7.5%, still less than it was in 2003, retired TWU officials will see a 25% increase in pay!!!!!

I think that Drippy is on his way on a TWU paid trip to DC. I would like to see the looks on the F/As faces when he introduces himself as "drippy".

Drippy Quill said:
Fish fear me, women want me...they will throw themselves at the Dripster..want my overage Booby?
[post="228687"][/post]​

Never Fails! Ignore the topic, ignore the worthless TWU facts, and instead, invoke your worthless oversized ego.

I think you are so into yourself, you cannot see or comprehend the truth when it is placed squarely in front of your face.

I think you are so into yourself, you cannot see or comprehend the truth when it is placed squarely in front of your face.

Davey mah boy...when has the truth and you ever co-existed? See you in DC?

Drippy Quill said:
Davey mah boy...when has the truth and you ever co-existed? See you in DC?
[post="228772"][/post]​

EXACTLY MY POINT DRIPPY,

Since you cannot see the truth or comprehend the truth when the truth is placed in front of your face, this fully explains why you have never seen co-existence of myself and the truth.

But your faults are not faults of my own!

Don't you get it Drippy? Since you cannot see the truth, even though you are shown the truth, you still question me about truth but it does no good. It is a waste of time in your case. It is a cycle that resembles this...

Drippy shown the truth,
Drippy cannot see or comprehend the truth,
Drippy questions when he will see some truth,

Drippy shown the truth,

Drippy shown the truth,

Drippy shown the truth,

Drippy shown the truth,

and so on, and so on, and so on,

Decision 2004 said:
EXACTLY MY POINT DRIPPY,

Since you cannot see the truth or comprehend the truth when the truth is placed in front of your face, this fully explains why you have never seen co-existence of myself and the truth.

But your faults are not faults of my own!

Don't you get it Drippy? Since you cannot see the truth, even though you are shown the truth, you still question me about truth but it does no good. It is a waste of time in your case. It is a cycle that resembles this...

Drippy shown the truth,

Drippy shown the truth,

Drippy shown the truth,

Drippy shown the truth,

Drippy shown the truth,

and so on, and so on, and so on,
[post="228970"][/post]​

Its a little more dastardly than that.

Its not that he cant see, its that he refuses to see and attempts to conceal the truth.

Thats much worse.

He used the same tactic as far as the TWU accepting $3.1 million from the company and mechanics pay vs CPI. He refuses to address what he clearly sees and tries to change the subject.

He no doubt has high hopes of collecting one of those six figure salaries and getting one of those pensions where you get a 5% raise every year for the rest of your life.

Bob Owens said:
Its a little more dastardly than that.

Its not that he cant see, its that he refuses to see and attempts to conceal the truth.

Thats much worse.

He used the same tactic as far as the TWU accepting $3.1 million from the company and mechanics pay vs CPI. He refuses to address what he clearly sees and tries to change the subject.

He no doubt has high hopes of collecting one of those six figure salaries and getting one of those pensions where you get a 5% raise every year for the rest of your life.
[post="228977"][/post]​

Bob,

Having open negotiations has been one of the most empowering efforts of 'Unionism' that I have experienced.
There are no more worries that 'Billy Bob' gets 'company provided' coke and hookers on Tuesdays for his vote on Wednesday.

Once you go 'AMFA', you'll never go back!!!

JMHO,
:up: UAL_TECH

UAL_TECH said:
Bob,

Having open negotiations has been one of the most empowering efforts of 'Unionism' that I have experienced.
There are no more worries that 'Billy Bob' gets 'company provided' coke and hookers on Tuesdays for his vote on Wednesday.

Once you go 'AMFA', you'll never go back!!!

JMHO,
:up: UAL_TECH
[post="229023"][/post]​

Hopefully someday I will see it at AA!

Latest posts