TWU Politics Take a Beating

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/8/2002 6:45:44 AM RV4 wrote:
[P][BR]Democrats are made up of PLEASANT LIST OMITTED. Sorry if I left out any of the single issue, narrow minded voters. [BR][BR]----------------[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]You forgot anti-capital punishment.[/P]

NHBB:

You are wrong. The east coast view of unionism does not hold true for the whole country. We have a large percentage of union members in the TWU that place their morals before the left wing manifesto. This theory that your not union if you are not a democrat is archaic. If it were true than all of the democrats would be unionized all over the country. That would come to at last count 50% of the workers who vote. (No chads counted)
If the AFL-CIO would concentrate on those issues that are germane to representation and collective bargaining, the these lost sheep would be able to keep the evil republicans at bay. East politics are not Oklahoma politics for sure. We elected a new democrat governor Tuesday that won by deafeating the republican because the republican took a stand against Rooster fighting ( ever here of this sport?) These good ole boys living outside the metropolitan areas fight roosters for a living and have since 1963. So the democrat won because Rooster fighting supporters came out in droves to defeat the mean spirited republican. So you see politics are different in many places. When unions remember what are real goals are, legislation for our professions, then membership may increase. BTW do own a Bassboat?

Whoa!!

Anti-capital punishment? Are saying that Republicans are for capital punishment because they have different political beliefs than you? You are treading on opening an abortion response.

longs****men = long-s****-men. (this system is paranoid) !

BUCK,
BTW, do you own a bassboat ??

Sorry union bro', I don't. When I think of fishermen, I think of the sea, and places like Gloucester Mass.
(Think, The Perfect Storm )

NH/BB's

Buck,
I've always respected your point(s) of view(starting back , during the PB/BB's days), even if I disagree with you.

I'm NO fan of the TWU, and I think you know that. I also agree with you, that ALL politics are LOCAL.

But The last example of a REAL (ass kickin') union, that I've seen late(ly), is the ILWU. (west coast Longs****men)
God Almighty, do I yearn for the Good ol' Days !!!!!!!!!

Regards,
NH/BB's

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/9/2002 3:46:26 AM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:
[P]longs****men = long-s****-men. (this system is paranoid) ![BR][BR]BUCK,[BR]BTW, do you own a bassboat ??[BR][BR]Sorry union bro', I don't. When I think of fishermen, I think of the sea, and places like Gloucester Mass.[BR](Think, The Perfect Storm )[BR][BR]NH/BB's[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Very good movie, but it couldn't top the book. I've never had a book that made me gasp for air like that one. Be careful if you go fishing in October NHBB...

KCFlyer,
Almost forgot. I took a walk into the Gloucester Mass., city hall, and saw a wall full of names of deceased fishermam, dating back to the 1700's/to the present.
It was mind blowing

NH/BB's

Ps.
(As far as I know, the last home, my dear ol' Uncle bobby Crandall had built(and still uses in the summer) is in Gloucester.

NH/BB's

KCFlyer,
(Before I begin, I apologize to EVERYONE, for getting OFF topic)

KCF, True Story !
Either a year ago this 12/28, or 12/28/00, my step son was up for the holidays from TPA. A quick 35 mile drive(from his brothers house) landed us in Gloucester Mass, and into the crow's nest bar.(the one in the movie was a prop).
You could cut the cigerette smoke with a knife. It had all the pictures of the stars(Clooney,Masterentonio, and whalberg), along with the deceased crew, on the walls.
I've seen some savory characters in my life, but the clientle sitting at the bar, that day, had my FULL attention.
The dock was directly across the street. We cross the street, and walk around a wharehouse, to discover the sister ship of the doomed Andrea Gail, the Hanna Boden, is tied up to the dock. It's a brilliant, freezing sunny day, with a moderate wind blowing. My son in law, and I are Freezing our B*ll's off(the temp IN THE SUN was a delightful 17*), but we've got to get a closer look, and a few pic's of the Hanna Boden.
Some of the crew are doing some housekeeping on deck, and one of them looks up and say's Can I help you guys ??
No were just looking, and mabey we can get a pic., if you don't mind ?
No problem, he say's. It happens all the time. We take the pic. and as we start to walk off the pier, here comes a guy in a old pick up truck(BUCK, I DO know what a pick up is !!!) [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif'] .
The guy in the truck jumps out, throws a duffle bag off the pier, onto the deck, and yell's to one of the crew Lets Go , we're LATE. This was the capt. of the Hanna Boden, and in 2 seconds the crew throw's off the lines, and hual's ass away from the pier, AND OUT TO SEA, IN (almost) JANUARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In total amazement, I looked at my step son, and said, I will NEVER, EVER complain about MY working conditions, for the rest of my like !!!!!!!!!!!
Talk about gasping for air, It seemed like 3 days before I could stop shivering, and I was born and raised here !

NH/BB's