TWU presidential endorsement "your thoughts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvaa

Veteran
Mar 22, 2007
Brothers and Sisters:

The International Administrative Committee is proud to announce TWUs endorsement of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for President. As Election 2016 nears, we hope each and every one of you will consider this endorsement and the great privilege that comes with voting.

We hear from many of our members that you dont like to be told for whom to cast your ballot. Thats fair. But there is simply too much at stake in this particular election for us to sit quietly on the sidelines any longer. The differences between the two remaining candidates are staggering, and we must spend the next five months doing everything we can to ensure that our movement will survive this election.

The best way to do that is to honor your responsibility as a union member and a citizen and get educated on the facts. Our next president will decide who sits on the Supreme Court, a body whose decisions have decades long impacts on the lives of working people: your healthcare, your retirement, and your ability to organize and bargain collectively. Do we want someone appointing justices who will do right by the middle class in this country, or do we want someone whose appointments will protect the ruling elite? Donald Trump is a fraud with a long history of selling out working people to protect his bottom line. Hillary Clinton has come a long way on her journey of fighting for us.

For most of us, what were really after is a seat at the table, and a chance to do right by our families, or perhaps, an opportunity for our children to do even better than we have. Brothers and sisters, we can tell you with absolute certainty that Donald Trump does not share that vision with you. He does not want to protect your pension, or make it harder for your employer to take advantage of you by declaring bankruptcy, or make it easier for you to organize on the job. He may appeal to your frustrations with government or your nostalgia for a time where our country looked or behaved differently, but he is not the answer to your problems. In fact, he is the source of many of them. He is the establishment. He is the corporate elite that is to blame for so much of the economic imbalance that exists in our country today. A vote for Donald Trump is irresponsible and dangerous.

We trust that Hillary Clinton will make good on her promises to working people. We know that she hears us. We know that shes committed to investing in Americas infrastructure, to protecting retirement benefits, raising the minimum wage, and championing unions. She has committed, in her first 100 days, to propose the biggest investment in American infrastructure since we built the Interstate Highway System, and has said shell fight with us side by side to get the contracts we deserve with Americas biggest airlines. Shes walked our picket lines, shes done her homework, and shes learned a great deal about what it means to be a union member to get up and go to work every day and fight to earn a decent living, and to stand up for what you believe in. The choice this November is simple: expand access to economic stability and a pathway to the middle class, protect working peoples voices on the job, and appoint justices to the Supreme Court who will look out for everyday Americans, not just the wealthy one percent.

These issues and the people who get to decide them matter. Its time to connect all the dots and make your voice heard. Because we all want a voice: at home, on the job, and of course, in the way our government works. We all want a say in making sure our elected representatives act in the best interests of working people. Join us this November, brothers and sisters, and be heard!

United Invincible,

The TWU International Administrative Committee
Sent via ActionNetwork.org. To update your email address or to stop receiving emails from Transport Workers Union of America, please click here.

I just want to see where everyone stands. Here in Oklahoma we support Trump

Reactions: 3 people
What has the democratic party in the last 20 years done for labor unions. Hillary is and has always been a paid for hire politician.
I'm voting for Trump.

Reactions: 5 people
And how does one go about removing political spending from their individual union dues?  I am sure the IAM isn't far behind in its endorsement of Hillary Clinton.

Reactions: 4 people
Hillary supported NAFTA.
Hillary supports the TPP.
That creates jobs overseas. That ships good paying jobs out of the USA. What is the TWU doing? The TWU endorsement has an agenda.
How can a labor organization support a presidential candidate that promotes outsourcing of jobs is beyond comprehensive.

Reactions: 8 people
Trump out of the box was saying "some" things I wanted to hear. The 2 major items being unfair trade deals and out of control Political Correctness ruining our Country. I kept waiting (still am) for some real policy issues on what he's going to do for me?

"Make America great again" Ok sounds great. How? What's his plan? Build a wall. Alright whatever. At first it was actually kind of funny. Particularly the exchange between him and the ex Mexican President. And his name calling against his rivals. "Low Energy" being the best.

But his whole campaign seemed like a joke from day 1. I was laughing all the time waiting to see what he was going to do next. But now he's not funny anymore. Now he just comes across as angry and trying to pander to anyone else who's angry and trying to keep them angry. He just wants to manipulate my emotions.

I voted for Bernie. I can't vote for Trump.

You guys want to give me some meat and potato items on Policy that Trump plans to implement that can change my mind? Fixing our crumbling infrastructure is a big vote getter for me.

Trump reminds me of Lonesome Rhodes. You guys really should watch that film.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Face_in_the_Crowd_(film)

1AA said:
And so should the TWU.
Unfortunately Bernie didn't get the popular vote. Yea maybe if the media and Democratic establishment hadn't been against him from the get go he would have locked it up? But he didn't.

I'm also waiting to see how Hillary reacts to Bernie's marching orders? Bernie has A LOT of pull and muscle right now. If she wants Bernie's army she has her work cut out for her to gain or win it over.

1AA said:
Hillary supported NAFTA.
Hillary supports the TPP.
That creates jobs overseas. That ships good paying jobs out of the USA. What is the TWU doing? The TWU endorsement has an agenda.
How can a labor organization support a presidential candidate that promotes outsourcing of jobs is beyond comprehensive.
hillary has destroyed and wanted to destroy this country with TPP and also would help bring down america more.

Trump is an idiot but he will at least push for better trade which will bring jobs. Remember, the aflcio represents thousands of illegals so they will do all they can to protect their dues.

Reactions: 4 people
Tim Nelson said:
hillary has destroyed and wanted to destroy this country with TPP and also would help bring down america more.
Trump is an idiot but he will at least push for better trade which will bring jobs. Remember, the aflcio represents thousands of illegals so they will do all they can to protect their dues.
"Trump is an idiot" But you're going to vote for him anyway?

Not exactly what I would consider to be a glowing endorsement.

Vote for the idiot. An idiot is a sure fire guarantee to long term prosperity in your lives. You can never go wrong with having an idiot in your house.

WeAAsles said:
"Trump is an idiot" But you're going to vote for him anyway?

Not exactly what I would consider to be a glowing endorsement.

Vote for the idiot. An idiot is a sure fire guarantee to long term prosperity in your lives. You can never go wrong with having an idiot in your house.
I live in NY all my life and it seems Trump has always been here never once until now has he been called a racist. Despite what anyone says he gets things done.As far as being an idiot you better look at his education pretty good schools if you ask me Just look at his children they could have been spoil brats but they are well mannered good people. I'm voting for Trump and I don't want my dues money going to Clinton. What is the max amount the TWU/IAM can contribute?

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts