TWU Strike?

Jim Little :lol: :lol:

If a release is asked for, wouldn't it be because American paid Little Jimmy to do so?

I'd rather bring the family down to Centrepork and watch the hanging of all the SOBs (both union and corporate executives) for the afternoon's entertainment, that is, if someone would furnish lunch.

Otherwise, forget it.

Anyone here think that The President or congress would step in to stop unions from striking?

If federal mediators agree, the workers could go on strike 30 days later in early April, although the president or Congress could block a walkout.

The issue could become a test of the Obama administration's handling of labor issues.
American Airlines union seeks first step to strike
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2010/02/17/...?partner=alerts

"Could this BE" ? ......................That now that "little jim" is living in NY, that he found a doctor/hospital who performed an Intestinal Fortitude Transplant on him ? ?

I stand behind Jim Little! What are union is asking for is very reasonable, and for the company to delay for 4 years is unacceptable.

Ken Durst was going to talk with us today at ORD at 1400, at 1425 one of our managers shows up and said the meeting was cancelled, way to set the standard for being on time.

I heard the 0930 meeting was delayed until 1030 because a 777 was having trouble at LHR. What Durst was doing except waiting for a phone call saying that the LHR mechs fixed the a/c is anybody's guess, just shows the lack of leadership we have in maint.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a PEB convened.

Unemployment a shade under 10%, Democrats taking heat and worried about mid term elections? No way anyone is allowed to strike.

We were told that the negotiating committee was informed about this by conference call and that it was after the announcement. Why would Little Jimmy telegraph his punch before the March negotiatiating session if he did'nt want the company to know everything? But we all know that the company and him have been negotiating behind are backs due to the fact that we have not been in negotiations for 4 years as was stated in the press release. Jimmy made this decision without consulting the committee or at least not the entire committee. This is proof positive that the members nor the committee are in control of negotiations.

I don't think they ever have been, it's all window dressing.

The TWU will give away the store, we'll get a scrap of gristle if we're lucky and "We'll get 'em next time"...

But we all know that the company and him have been negotiating behind are backs due to the fact that we have not been in negotiations for 4 years as was stated in the press release.
I was wondering the same thing so I made a few calls and found out that littles beloved dispatchers started a year before everyone else, so it would 3 1/2 years for them, going on 4 this summer. The rest of us are around 2 1/2 years.

Back