AA baffled

would generate more revenue and make our airline more efficient; it would create opportunities for employee growth and advancement

Over the last three decades I've heard this lie over and over again. On every occasion it has meant hardship for workers ans bonuses for executives.

A note from an outsider to Mr. Hill and Company,
You guys need a reality check, you guys prorably know that this won't stop the train called ATI. This could even grow AA in the future and gasp possibly a reasonable contract (No not your idea of reasonable Lloyd) and even growth. So you guys really need to smell the coffee that the good days of the 90's are over. APA's childishness cost AA the shot (and I personally think they would have won instead of UA) the DFW-PEK run and other good oppertunities for flying if AA was only smart to actually do it. If I made anyone cranky I am sorry but the APA needs a reality check.

You guys need a reality check, you guys prorably know that this won't stop the train called ATI. This could even grow AA in the future and gasp possibly a reasonable contract (No not your idea of reasonable Lloyd) and even growth. So you guys really need to smell the coffee that the good days of the 90's are over. APA's childishness cost AA the shot (and I personally think they would have won instead of UA) the DFW-PEK run and other good oppertunities for flying if AA was only smart to actually do it. If I made anyone cranky I am sorry but the APA needs a reality check.

Mr. Hill and APA need to stay on their schedule flight plan, no need to divert, plenty of fuel onboard. The dispather schedule the fuel load to the Company plans and procedures. If DFW or ORD have bad weather then the crew and divert to the HDQ cloud in the sky. HDQ is a good weather station, just a little high on fumes of egos.

This is BA/AA's third attempt at getting to the prom that is ATI.

How come the previous two attempts were not derailed by the APA/APFA or TWU? Other than the fact that this is probably the best chance of the three to get ATI

It has been many years, but didn't the three AA unions actually support ATI with BA/AA in the previous two attempts for deeper ties? and hasn't APA's scope provision been loosened up with the RPA?

Couldn't agree with you more. Star and SkyTeam are much stronger alliances. Oneworld needs to catch up a bit. This could prove to be a very positive move for AA and will most likely lead to growth and greater revenues. For a group that wants to restore the airline and restore its profession, APA is clearly missing the mark this time.

More evidence that a multi-page scope clause with numerous exceptions (the APA contract) may not be the optimal position. WN pilots survive (in a growing airline) with a one sentence scope clause.

Are you kidding me? In EVERY CASE in the past, code share alliances have NEVER benefited pilots/FAs and have ALWAYS resulted in erosion of flying. What's to stop AA from linking with BA/IB, then pulling a 777 off JFK-LHR and a 767 off JFK-BCN while allowing BA and IB to do the work, while still collecting profits? Code shares/alliances/joint business ventures - WHATEVER you call them - is a clever way to collect profits while sacrificing manpower. It is a real threat. Oh, and nice to see that the company is trying to circumvent the APA's contractual language that CLEARLY STATES these kinds of deals MUST have the approval of the pilots' union - for darn good reason - outsourced jobs!

More evidence that a multi-page scope clause with numerous exceptions (the APA contract) may not be the optimal position. WN pilots survive (in a growing airline) with a one sentence scope clause.

I don't see SWA code sharing with anyone (other than ATA) and furthermore, they don't spend and lose millions flying inefficient RJs on a fee per departure basis. If we had a SWA-style management that actually believed in their employees instead of whacking them and then collecting bonuses, maybe we'd be more eager to help them out with "nicer contract language."

Over the last three decades I've heard this lie over and over again. On every occasion it has meant hardship for workers ans bonuses for executives.
Yet over those same decades, you CHOOSE to remain an employee of this comapny. Why is that if it is so terrible at AA?

Couldn't agree with you more. Star and SkyTeam are much stronger alliances. Oneworld needs to catch up a bit. This could prove to be a very positive move for AA and will most likely lead to growth and greater revenues. For a group that wants to restore the airline and restore its profession, APA is clearly missing the mark this time.

That's just it. This is an issue of fairness in the marketplace. NW/KL have immunity, as do UA/DL. Not sure about DL/AF, but I am certain that allowing AA/BA would make for a fair and competitive market.

As for the pilots. this is just par for the course in their pinprick war against management. In APA's line of thinking, anything the company proposes must be rubbish, so they reject it outright without thinking it through. In fact, the agreement would boost revenue to AA and enhance growth potential. Both of these would serve APA's stated interest of securing raises for the pilots and protecting job security, yet APA is opposed.

In the end, APA is working against itself on this one.

Yet over those same decades, you CHOOSE to remain an employee of this comapny. Why is that if it is so terrible at AA?

Was that really a serious question or are you stirring the pot?

What part about losing all seniority and starting from scratch at poverty wages at another airline don't you understand?

You see, Frugal, generally when an airline pilot gets hired by a major airline, for all sakes and purposes he/she is married to that airline for their whole career, barring furloughs/liquidations, etc. For that very reason, most airline pilots will choose to remain employed at said career even during bad times, and focus on improving working conditions and pay rather than giving it all up and taking MASSIVE pay cuts and seniority hits to start all over again at the bottom of a new airline seniority list.

However, there have been a few instances where pilots have done just that. But it's got to get pretty bad for that to happen.

Now, we have had several resignations from folks who have side businesses that generate much bigger paychecks than AA, with more time at home. They just plain got out of the airline industry. Most pilots these days are working on side stuff. Sadly, that's the new era in airline flying - almost becoming not worth it with all the pay cuts and work rule degradations.

As for the pilots. this is just par for the course in their pinprick war against management. In APA's line of thinking, anything the company proposes must be rubbish, so they reject it outright without thinking it through. In fact, the agreement would boost revenue to AA and enhance growth potential. Both of these would serve APA's stated interest of securing raises for the pilots and protecting job security, yet APA is opposed.

In the end, APA is working against itself on this one.

Wow, brilliant. Yeah, let's just AA management just go ahead and violate the contract THEY agreed to, just because we believe it MAY bring in profits to AA management.

GMAFB!!! You pro management people are f'in clueless. Code sharing/joint business ventures serve APA's interests in securing raises AND protecting job security??? Where do you get this crap? In EVERY instance in the past, these kinds of agreements have resulted in AA PULLING their own aircraft out of markets to let the code share partner do all the flying! Wow, what a windfall!

There is a reason APA secured these kinds of deals in our contract - to prevent job outsourcing, which is EXACTLY the threat we face with these kinds of B.S. deals.

Do me a favor and inform yourselves before you post this type of clueless stuff. APA and the other unions are sick and tired of all the lies coming from Centerport. No we don't trust them AT ALL. If we reject something from the company, you can BE SURE it is with good reason - because we've been lied to several times in the past!

Latest posts