RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
April 10, 2003

TO: All TWU-AA Members

RE: Voting and Balloting

Dear Sisters & Brothers:

Yesterday we stopped all electronic and telephonic balloting on the proposed contractual relief to the Company to keep it out of bankruptcy. We did his because, after several days of effort, there were still significant disputes over language between the Union and the Company, and we simply will not force our members to vote on a contract under circumstances where they cannot examine all changes in language. The issues are close to being resolved, and voting will be resumed at approximately 22:00c April 10, 2003.

Still CLOSE to being resolved? The COMPANY UNION leaves you less than 5 days to vote!

----------------
On 4/10/2003 6:13:54 PM RV4 wrote:

The COMPANY UNION leaves you less than 5 days to vote!

----------------​

And your point is??????.....the United States give you only 1 day to vote in a national election....if you cant sort thru the issues thus far, then 5 days isnt going to make much difference.....who cant get near a phone or pc to vote over the next 5 days??!!

----------------
On 4/10/2003 8:02:32 PM desertfox wrote:

And your point is??????.....the United States give you only 1 day to vote in a national election....if you cant sort thru the issues thus far, then 5 days isnt going to make much difference.....who cant get near a phone or pc to vote over the next 5 days??!!

----------------​
Does the United States have a Consitution that says you will be given "Final Contract Language" for 30 (thirty) days prior to voting?

If I remember right, the Supreme Court had to get involved in the last "United States" election, so what is your point?

I am not claiming I have not made up my mind. I am just waiting for them turn the procedure back on.

My point is "WHAT ABOUT THE BY-LAWS and CONSTITUTION OF YOUR UNION"? If you will allow this to slide, what else are willing to let them do?

And while the issues might appear simple to you and I, what about everyone else?