As of 1400c time

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
5,998
347
03-29-03 14:00C



To: All TWU AA members:



Joint Negotiations:



As of 24:30c last night the Joint negotiations committee reached tentative agreements on the Stores and Tech Spec agreements. At 13:30c today we also reached agreements with the Dispatchers and Meteorologists. Simulator Technicians and Ground School are still in negotiations.



M&R
We are still apart in our Title I and II discussions although, a T/A was been reached in Title IV.



As we are deeply involved in the discussions, and our time line is short, I will try and give a detailed breakdown ASAP. We are still in discussions on an equity stake for all our members. Those agreements that have reached a tentative agreement our negotiations committee is working on contract language. One consideration driving our discussions is the simple fact confirmed in our with the company officials that American’s potential debtor in possession finances will demand at least half a billion more in employee concessions if the company files for bankruptcy. It was also made clear that without such loans the company could not operate.



On behalf of the M&R and Joint negotiations committee thank you for your patience.



Fraternally,

James C. Little

Director Air Transport Division.
 
Aug 29, 2002
196
0
www.usaviation.com
you will give now..and later..and later..and later..and there is nothing you can do about it..once you say Ok the first time..I wish you all well, but think about the future, not the present. They are hoping that you only worry about now, not tomorrow.
 

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
1,885
80
www.usaviation.com
This is a letter of BS attempting to prepare you for the biggest voluntary concession in aviation history.

I notice he fails to mention that the number one goal of the negotiations was to protect dues payment not unionized standard of living.
 

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
1,885
80
www.usaviation.com
----------------
On 3/29/2003 2:19:55 PM Hopeful wrote:

03-29-03 14:00C



To: All TWU AA members:



Joint Negotiations:



As of 24:30c last night the Joint negotiations committee reached tentative agreements on the Stores and Tech Spec agreements. At 13:30c today we also reached agreements with the Dispatchers and Meteorologists. Simulator Technicians and Ground School are still in negotiations.


Fraternally,

James C. Little

Director Air Transport Division.





----------------​
What time is 24:30c?
 

j7915

Senior
Sep 7, 2002
423
0
----------------On 3/29/2003 3:31:51 PM RV4 wrote:
This is a letter of BS attempting to prepare you for the biggest voluntary concession in aviation history.

I notice he fails to mention that the number one goal of the negotiations was to protect dues payment not unionized standard of living.

----------------​
If you don''t want to give concessions there have got to be welding shops that need help.

What is the break even point between less dues because of fewer members, and less dues because of less pay? Maybe you need to figure that one out.
 

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
1,885
80
www.usaviation.com
----------------
On 3/29/2003 6:28:10 PM j7915 wrote:
If you don't want to give concessions there have got to be welding shops that need help.

What is the break even point between less dues because of fewer members, and less dues because of less pay? Maybe you need to figure that one out.

----------------​
Once again j7915 arrives to defend lower pay and concessions.

What an incredible union man you are!

What else to you give on regular basis besides concessions? From under managements desk that is?
 

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
1,885
80
www.usaviation.com
----------------
On 3/29/2003 7:36:58 PM AAStew wrote:


There is so much arguing and whining on these boards, but the truth is, we all have known that the airline business is a volatile one. There have never been any guarantees that your job will still be there next week. We take the good when we can, but we have to accept the down times. How many times have we seen furloughs and layoffs, mergers and acquisitions.? Where is Pan Am. Eastern, National, etc? If stability is what we truly wanted we all would have taken government jobs! I really would suggest to those of you who truly crave stability, it might be time for occupational counseling.


----------------​
What is your solution beside conseling?
 

AAStew

Veteran
Feb 24, 2003
877
15
There is so much arguing and whining on these boards, but the truth is, we all have known that the airline business is a volatile one. There have never been any guarantees that your job will still be there next week. We take the good when we can, but we have to accept the down times. How many times have we seen furloughs and layoffs, mergers and acquisitions.? Where is Pan Am. Eastern, National, etc? If stability is what we truly wanted we all would have taken government jobs! I really would suggest to those of you who truly crave stability, it might be time for occupational counseling.
 

DFWCC

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
430
0
DFW
Visit site
Seems to me if I have 8 to 10 yrs. I think I''m paying union dues to save my job because after all I paid dues all these years for what? If I have 22 to 26 yrs. I feel safe from a layoff and am probably 50ish so I then vote to keep high wages. After all at 50ish I can''t retire and who wants to hire an ol fart that has a lot of sick time and will quit as soon as he is trained.
It is all relative to your own situation. So I suspect everyone will according to their own needs.
 

AAStew

Veteran
Feb 24, 2003
877
15
Well if you are safe from layoff, I don''t think the company will go under, so therefore, tighten your belt, downscale, save everything you can. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best....
 

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
1,885
80
www.usaviation.com
----------------
On 3/30/2003 11:34:24 AM AAStew wrote:


Well if you are safe from layoff, I don''t think the company will go under, so therefore, tighten your belt, downscale, save everything you can. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best....


----------------​
Will my food bill go down?

Will my Auto-Insurance go down?

Will my Taxes go down?

Will my price of fuel drop?

Will my cost for clothes go down?

Will my cost for tools drop?

Will my Utilities cost less?

Get real man, the concessions funding huge airline capacity is NOT the answer! In fact, the concessions that fund mega-carriers will cause the industry to be taken over by the Governement!
 

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
1,885
80
www.usaviation.com
God,

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.



Go ahead and play the helpless victim if you wish but remember, Freedom, means you HAVE A CHOICE. Try using it...

...this is why your parents brought you here.
 

AAStew

Veteran
Feb 24, 2003
877
15
By the way I meant to add, I am not saying we should just lie down and accept whatever crap is handed us, but it is inevitable we are all taking paycuts and more. Fight what we can change and accept what we can''t. What is that called? The serenity prayer...if anyone knows it, post it.
 

AAStew

Veteran
Feb 24, 2003
877
15
RV4,
If you knew me personally, you would know I have never and will never be the helpless victim. I go down fighting if I have to. But that prayer you published (thank you) says it perfectly. I think it sucks that Carty is sitting and collecting money while labor suffers the most. I hope his AA$$ is out of here soon. But I am not a major stockholder (at least not yet) so I have no power besides my vote on union matters.
I read your posts concerning the tentative agreement (speculated) and I agree with you, I would vote no, but like you and everyone else says we will have to make do with less in our paychecks anyway you look at it. If you have another solution, please tell us.
 

Latest posts