TWU''s version? American Turn Around Plan

B

bagsmasher

FSC's top out at $22.71 right now. If we give up our 3% contract raise on 3/1/03, and give up 9% on top of that, we will be making $20.66 per hour.
On the flip side, a TWALLC FSC got a $5.04 per hour raise when they came across. Now they are being asked to give up $2.05 per hour. That means they are still getting a raise of $2.99 per hour.

American Turn Around Plan, ATAP
------------------------------------
According to a poster on yahoo the following is either a proposal or has already been agreed to. TWU concessions consist of the holiday after thanksgiving $33 million. One vacation week $55 million.

This is calculated to be 110 $million to be paid in form of a bond backed by assets payable in 11 years with flexible rate , 5 below prime.
Employees may pick any 2 weeks per yr. and only scheduled hours count not overtime or csw hours beyond scheduled. If no selection is made Amount will be deducted in 4 amounts in Jan and Oct.
The Mar 3% increase when factoring in with overtime amounts to $84 million.You wont miss what you never had.
An early out package that will allow 5000 top pay mech., title II cleaners, fsc and other TWU rep workers.They will be replaced with lower starting rate employees.
The savings in vac pay, differences hi lo rates, and productivity minus cost of incentives ($20000) per employees estimated relief $168 million.
Farm out of parts of auto shop at JFK,MIA,ORD,LAX,DFW this is worth this is worth $29mllion. A pay cut of 9% across all classifications is worth $352 million. Contract would run an additional 3 yrs all pay benefits would snapback on amenable date.
The whole pkg. is contingent on AA first negotiaing $966 million in relief from leasers and mortgage holders. Sounds like a pre- pkg job.
------------------------------------
Anybody out there?

[blockquote]----------------On 2/13/2003 1:05:00 PM bagsmasher wrote: FSC's top out at $22.71 right now. If we give up our 3% contract raise on 3/1/03, and give up 9% on top of that, we will be making $20.66 per hour.
On the flip side, a TWALLC FSC got a $5.04 per hour raise when they came across. Now they are being asked to give up $2.05 per hour. That means they are still getting a raise of $2.99 per hour.----------------[/blockquote]

So lets call back all TWA FSC and fire a corresponding number of AA's FSC. The TWA should be happy that they have jobs and are making more and the AAers will not have the indignity of working with people who have just received a payraise. What was TWA's baggage mis-hamndling rate? The passengers might be better of.

Now how is that for a solution?

My point is that it is original AAer's that will be taking the paycut, while the TWAer's are enjoying a $3/hr. raise.
How is this fair?

hey bagsmasher i was just curious how many people you had under you before aa bought twa? because it seems like all aa did by buying twa was to give the aa employees a nice cushion in case of layoffs. so all those twa guys that will still have a pay raise after the pay cut will probly be unemployed, so how would they still have a pay raise then?

[blockquote]

So lets call back all TWA FSC and fire a corresponding number of AA's FSC. The TWA should be happy that they have jobs and are making more and the AAers will not have the indignity of working with people who have just received a payraise. What was TWA's baggage mis-hamndling rate? The passengers might be better of.

Now how is that for a solution?
Quit worrying about what the other guy makes, if you think he is over paid then get his job, not his pay differential. Passengers accept safety as a given, after all that is what the FAA is for, they EXPECT their baggage to arrive.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Check the baggage statisics for the hub in STL operated by predominatly former TWA'ers...they have been number 1 in lowest bag claims among all the other AA hubs for a long time. The figures speak for themselves. It is in large part the baggage performance from STL that has helped to improve AA's overall baggage stats.

No AA cushion at JFK for mechanics. The TWAers came in with full company time and 25% occupational. AAers with less occupational will be laid off first. SOME CUSHION!

The real kick in the ass was last month AA gave one TWA mechanic a 35 YEAR PIN AND PLAQUE. AN AA 35 YEAR PIN AND PLACQUE!!!! Now I know what's dont is what's done as far as the buyout goes, but to honor a TWA employee with a 35 year pin and plaque somehow seems insulting. The plaque should have at least noted that the mechanic had 34 years and 4 months working for TWA and 6 months with AA. For Christ's sake! The dirt on the floor has more time at AA than the TWAer has!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/13/2003 2:35:43 PM Hopeful wrote:

No AA cushion at JFK for mechanics. The TWAers came in with full company time and 25% occupational. AAers with less occupational will be laid off first. SOME CUSHION!

The real kick in the ass was last month AA gave one TWA mechanic a 35 YEAR PIN AND PLAQUE. AN AA 35 YEAR PIN AND PLACQUE!!!! Now I know what's dont is what's done as far as the buyout goes, but to honor a TWA employee with a 35 year pin and plaque somehow seems insulting. The plaque should have at least noted that the mechanic had 34 years and 4 months working for TWA and 6 months with AA. For Christ's sake! The dirt on the floor has more time at AA than the TWAer has!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Well get ready to get insulted again. I recently got 35yrs and AA is going to give me a pin. TWA gave the Ozark employee pins and I would venture Delta recognized Western employees service and so on. Grow up and move on. You and I are employees not members of a country club. Good lord people. Find something with a little more substance to ***** about.

Hey rampguy, don't you think the TWAer would have been more deserving if his 34 years and 4 months made at least a reference to his TWA time? Now you're gonna tell me that AA's purchase of TWA magically made his lifelong experience diappear? I know we are one company now, but being honored as a 35 year AAer as opposed to a TWAer does not sit right. Can you honestly feel "right" about receiving a 35 year AA pin and not a mere note of TWA time?

In the "Turn Around Plan" posted above, I notice there is NO REFERENCE to the $50 Million Savings in lease payments due to the sell off of the AFW Maintenance Base and the WAR effort that will allow movement of large numbers of employees without moving expense reimbursement?

Who's plan is this anyway?

I agree.. No need for an early out package. Why pay when people will retire out of fear of their pensions? The only thing that may be on the horizon is that AA may give employees a five year window to retire before it changes the pension plan to a cash balance fund.

Why would AA offer a early out package for the TWU oldtimers? Here at DFW the oldtimers a tripping over each other to get their retirement paperwork in. They understand that every day they work after all the paycuts and give backs, they will loose money. Seems like they can get guys to retire without a package.

Hopeful,
I agree about a "cash balance fund, coming down the road.

But as far as an E/O goes, guys who are age 55-59, if that person left now, they would be taking a "hit", because they left before 60.

I wonder if this "rumored" E/O might be the usual "5+5", which if it were, then a guy/gal, who was 55-59, then would'nt take a "hit".

HEY like everything else at AA, "TIME WILL TELL" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's