U Retired Hp Employee

drifterreno

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
Okay now I have a question. I am retired from U and have 16 years seniority there. I am now employed at HP and have 2 years seniority there. What will happen to me??? What will happen to my retirement pay??? Now I'm really confused. Any higher ups please respond--or anyone having any idea please help.

drifterreno said:
Okay now I have a question. I am retired from U and have 16 years seniority there. I am now employed at HP and have 2 years seniority there. What will happen to me??? What will happen to my retirement pay??? Now I'm really confused. Any higher ups please respond--or anyone having any idea please help.
[post="271295"][/post]​
you're done at U and working for another airline.......isn't going to effect your pension,
U don't even own that anymore....
you don't have seniority at U anymore......

It would seem like she is about to work for U again and wouldn't that be like gettig rehired. So how would you get a pension when working for the company ?
That would make you an active employee.

This exact same question was asked with the UAL merger was going on..

Bottom line.. If your getting a check you will continue to get a check. Your U senority is gone.. With luck you will get laid off, collect a big check and live happily ever after..

If your unlucky you going to go to the bottom of the list like the rest of the AWA employee's!!!

drifterreno said:
[post="271295"][/post]​

fmc said:
It would seem like she is about to work for U again and wouldn't that be like gettig rehired. So how would you get a pension when working for the company ?
That would make you an active employee.
[post="271334"][/post]​
its going to survive probably in name only.
driftereno won't be the only one in that boat.
there was discussion in PIT that if we were bought you could take your pension and still work due to some rule i'm not familiar with.
our resident expert usa320pilot claimed a holding company would be the moneyman for both hp and u...so i don't see any type problem.
what they going to do? take back his pension that the government now owns??
if i was he i wouldn't be worried.
union should be able to help.

Back