Hp Labor Costs

Aug 20, 2002
In its quest for finding a way for US Airways for survive, US mgmt has compared its costs to those of HP (among others). Does anyone have accurate info on pay/benefits at HP for various work groups?

(Note: even if US were to attain that same levels, their costs would still be higher due to the very high seniority - that's what happens when 40% of the workforce is furloughed. But I digress.)

Does HP have profit sharing?

Info on non W-2 benefits would be very welcome. What are the medical plabs like.

I'd just like to see what may be coming!

How about medical premiums and co-pays?
Are cust svc agents paid the same scale as ramp?

-DCMS

Cust. Service Agents top out at $14 and change if I remember correctly..They have profit bonuses if the carrier is profitable over the course of the year.

Hi!

USAir STILL has the highest seat-mile cost of any airline.

Part of the problem is their trip lengths are often very short.

They could be paid much less than AWA, and they'd still have a higher seat-mile cost because AWA's average trip are much longer.

Cliff
DTW

PS-I'd love to fly for AWA. I just put my app in.

Can anyone answer this question from a res perspective? US has compared us to HP in all areas but vacation, holidays and sick. Could someone let me know what your topped out amounts are for each of those. And is it true res tops out at 13.10 an hour?

It amazes me that AWA ramp tops out at just $15.35 after 15 years. I believe that SWA tops out in the area of $23 or $24 in 9 or 10 years. How can AWA not be making huge profits when their employees make almost 40% less?

HP's a hub airline with multiple fleet types and a commuter relationship with Mesa.

I've been at HP for just over a year and my top salary is $8.19 per hour. What they're telling you just ain't so. As in my past posts I get FREE short term and long term disability, FREE vision, up to 40 flexi(buddy) passes a year, 10 vacation days and 2 floating holidays a year and holiday pay on the holiday--a free 8 hours pay. My medical cost for a family of 2 is about half what you're paying and my copay is $10 and medicines $10. We are split into sales and service and have incentives comming out our ears. Every time I upgrade someone 30 hours prior to departure I make $5.00 per person each way. I've made at least $45 extra per pay period since this implimentation and I have a chance to be trained in other areas--Frequent Flyer--Internet and Travel Agent help--and Quality Management--and will make more money for each specialized area I'm trained in and can take calls for. That will add around $1.60 per hour if I get to the top level. They want us to make money---just earn it.

Back