HP FAs walking?

There are more productive ways to deal with this, so why don't we?
Section 6 negotiations. Mediation get released and take a strike vote..then "chaos"

the airline with a few extra crew cancel flights, that's a full plane of passengers that the airline pays a full Y fare to put on the competition.
Are you sure US pays full Y fare to involunteer reissue a ticket over to another airline ? I don't think so

Pensions were lost due to bad business. Most of which the FA group had no effect on I know. However, paying an employee extra to work on a day they knew they had to work in the first place is bad business.

By the way.. The FA sick call for the US West side was 136 for New Years Eve. I heard the US East had 90.. Can anyone confirm that?? That's an awesome number conidering they have more than two times the FAs than we do.

If so, Good Job US East side
How is giving holiday pay bad business? Are we on planet earth?

Section 6 negotiations. Mediation get released and take a strike vote..then "chaos"
Are you sure US pays full Y fare to involunteer reissue a ticket over to another airline ? I don't think so
Yes, US pays full Y fare and vice verse when the same thing happens.

Yes, US pays full Y fare and vice verse when the same thing happens.
That's not 100% true -- if it's a full-fare F or Y class ticket the passenger can actually go to any other airline we have an agreement with and if they have a seat, that airline can accept that ticket -- and US/HP doesn't have to "sign it over" to the other airline. The accepting airline gets paid the face value of the ticket by US/HP. For any other fare class, the ticket must be "120.20" over and the receiving airline gets paid a percentage of the face-value, or full Y fare, depending on the agreement US/HP has with the accepting airline, and vice-versa. That's why certain airlines are "preferred" when we have to re-accom pax on other airlines -- if airline X pays us 50% and airline Y pays us 30%, then we prefer to use airline X (just an example!) And the reciprocal is true -- when we reaccom OAL pax -- sometimes we charge the OAL 50%, sometimes 30%, or whatever. Not only is a cancellation a big pain for the crews and agents and passengers affected, but it's lots of work to keep track of all this. And expensive. That's one of the reasons Southwest doesn't do it -- it's strictly a cash basis with them!

the ticket must be "120.20" over and the receiving airline gets paid a percentage of the face-value, or full Y fare, depending on the agreement US/HP has with the accepting airline, and vice-versa. -- if airline X pays us 50% and airline Y pays us 30%, then we prefer to use airline X (just an example!) And the reciprocal is true -- when we reaccom OAL pax -- sometimes we charge the OAL 50%, sometimes 30%, or whatever.
Your are coreect been doing it for 28 years.

Very well put. And for those that think the company should have extras to cover those holiday sick calls--that's ridiculous. Sick calls DO go up on the holidays--that's pretty much true for any job, any company, any industry. It would be a huge waste of money to have extra FA's all year, just for the holiday season. And an airline can't afford "temporary FA's" ..not like hiring temporary cashiers at Walmart!
Christmas is in the winter, when, by God, FLU season occurs. What did the Arizona Republic say? An "800% increase in flu cases over 2004"? I guess flight attendants, who are in a closed cabin for HOURS, and a dirty closed cabin at that,with sick passengers all around them, should not get sick during flu season...hmmm.Sounds like a bunch of whining schedulers are on here~

Many, many jobs in other industries pay their employees if they are "stuck" with the holiday shift. If you are a f/a and have 19 years working the holiday you wouldn't be pissed? I'm sure nobody was saying that THAT was a possibility at your open house session! As for the mention of "vacation pay" as part of your compensation, well let me tell you about reserve on the east side. Ya know we get paid a minimum guarantee now of 73 hours at US-east ok? If you have vacation in that month it is not above your guarantee. You still get 73 hours. Well how does that figure. Anyway.... if you have to work the holiday its "a perk" to the poor suckers that have to do it. The way some think. :rolleyes:

Latest posts