UA Eliminating ORD-SJC?

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
USA Today Article

In a message posted on its employee website, United has detailed a list of numerous flight reductions that it plans to implement in November. The carrier will end nonstop service on seven routes as of Nov. 2. They are: Chicago O'Hare-Spokane, Wash.; Chicago O'Hare-San Jose, Calif.; Denver-Charlotte; Los Angeles-Austin; Los Angeles-Oakland; San Francisco-Atlanta; and San Francisco-Toronto. United also confirmed it is pulling out of two markets altogether: Kalamazoo, Mich., and Bloomington/Normal, Ill. Additionally, United's service to Myrtle Beach will be downgraded from year-round to seasonal service.

I thought the ORD-SJC route was a decent route as everytime I fly it (6-8 times a year) the flights are full, mostly of business type. This is going to to be trouble for me as I would fly UA from MDT to ORD then Connect to SJC. Now AA is pulling out of MDT and that ends that routing. Looks like PHL-SFO nonstops for the time being.

With a big hub in SFO UA must consider it too expensive to go ORD-SJC as well. Plus the tech business in SJ is a little soft.

Latest posts