UA Flight attendant arrested for weapon

ok- the scoop was she was going to kuwait that night and she decided she better tell tsa before heading to kuwait. otherwise in kuwait she would have been probably put in prison coming in or going in kuwait. They also make you send your bags through xray there on arrival. stupid... she should get fired. sorry it's just stupid ..... Remember who packed her bag? Always the questions when you go intl as passenagers....

Ouch, that sucks. One time I forgot I had a pocketknife in my carry-on, and the TSA missed it (they miss a lot of stuff, which is really sad given the amount of money and time wasted). Of course I'm not stupid enough to tattle on myself, so I put it in checked luggage on the return.

Moral of the story, kiddos -- honesty is not the best policy. A good hiding place, mailing a box to yourself, something like that, is preferable to turning yourself in.

Which begs the obvious (to me, anyway) question: Why in the heck did she turn herself in? Doesn't make sense! Why not just, upon discovering the gun, didn't she just think "Whew, that couldv'e been a nightmare!", and never, EVER, mention it to ANYONE?

People we all make mistakes, aparently she made one here, I'll take that back, two mistakes, bringing the gun and turning her self in!!! :wacko: You know all the s :censored: t she has to go through now? Whats going to cost more, mailing the gun back or going through all the crap the government is going to put her through. Hell if I had no $$$ I'll toss the damn thing in the Potomac river :ph34r: (if at DCA). Its got to be cheaper to toss it and get another one than to lose her job and even her freedom over a mistake.

When she realized that the gun was in her bag, she probably thought that she wouldn't be able to get past security once she began her trip assignment. Unlike our politicians in Washington who try to cover up their mistakes, I give the woman credit for stepping up to the plate, realizing she had made a mistake, and turned herself in. I hope she does get her job back. We don't know all of the circumstances behind why she had put the gun into her suitcase in the first place, but at least she realized her her mistake and did the right thing by turning herself in. That takes a level of character and integrity. And thank god she does have collective bargaining backing to represent her. (Fly...nice to see back on these boards...Happy Spring!)

DI DI DIII!! :wacko: Thats why we have mail. Its not like she killed someone, she just went to work and said ohh s :censored: t I forgot to leave my gun. Trust me its not worth all the crap. I say she dropped the ball on that one. Note to self, shhhhhh no one will know. :ph34r: