UA shipping 747-400's to Arizona and California Desert

[BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/6/2002 9:08:19 PM Busdrvr wrote: [BR][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR]Don't let NWA fool you, they aren't in a big airplane buying mood. A NWA 400 buddy of mine says some of our 400s were original NWA orders. Would we sell some to LH? Maybe, but I'd bet we'd chop them in half before we sold them cheap to NWA.[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]That's odd seeing that NWA just took delivery of the last two 400's that we had on order. Leaving 118 remaining aircraft to be delivered, with all financing in place. As far as I know...and I work at NWA the ONLY delayed deliveries maybe some narrow bodies. Perhaps it would have been wise for UAL not to have purchased those cancelled NWA orders and then park them. We are really thankful that NWA has been prudent in utilizing it's aircraft. Fortunately, no widebodies are parked. Is UAL still selling some of it's 777's? Wow, can UAL afford to chop airplanes in half instead of trying to sell them to raise badly needed cash?

Out of the 60 or so total 777's in UA's fleet, only 6 of them are two-class domestic aircraft.

Blueskies,

Do you honestly believe it's a seller's market these days? It's not like people are lining up to buy 747-400's.

Latest posts