US Airways is about to place one of the largest aircraft orders

The East mainline fleet count is in the lower 200's but the addition of the West fleet brings the number up to 357 or so.

Jim

I know that it was posted here at one time, but how did the company get so far below the 279 mark that was agreed upon? This as we all know refers to the East fleet count only.

BK 2 concessions. That revised the min fleet count to no less than 20% below that operated at the one year anniversary of emerging from BK. (I think that percentage is right - I've long since deleted LOA 93)

Jim

Big deal, there mostly replacement aircraft. We sold 6 or 8 7575 to FedEx, parking 737s, 767s will be phased out. The 190 is a POS. This nothing to get excited about. The way A-West management is running this place we might not be around. Sorry I can't get that excited, remember Wolf said we will be getting 400 Airbus, did we believe that?

YUP.....You did.

Your right but it still a loss of aircraft. And one more thing we can't get these unless all employees take another 15% paycut, you know that's coming!!!!(or at least ALPA)
Pilots agreeing to a paycut for shiny new planes? That's a given. Maybe they'll throw the bomber jackets in for free if you agree to the paycuts! Nothin' says stud like those jackets hangin' on the coat rack at the 2 for 1 Happy Hour at the Chi Chi's in BGM.....

:mf_boff:

Will they announce the order soon or wait until the Farnborough Airshow in July? The big aircraft orders always seem to be publicly announced at one of the major airshows.

Scot, or any mod.... isn't there a copyright statute about copying an entire piece w/o express written consent. as I believe it, one may use a small quote as long as it names author but a link to the entire story is correct( plus it saves the amount of stuff one has to scroll through( especially in replied remarks)

Thanx

We have 2 maybe 3 E190 on the property now.
And all E-190 are being recall back to BNA for a maintenance patch

There are 3 190's in service but only two lines of flying so most days two are flying and one is in MTC or is a spare aircraft. GREAT UTILIZATION TEMPE !

Regards

LGA777

There are 3 190's in service but only two lines of flying so most days two are flying and one is in MTC or is a spare aircraft. GREAT UTILIZATION TEMPE !

Regards

LGA777
They fly a spare plane that they only have 3 of, and any other plane can fill in, if need be. But no spares for their money making routes. Am I missing something here?

Well considering the A350 is just in its 3rd design phase, and the 330 and 340 never have met the promises made by airbus, this leaving Boeing as the clear winner for the next aircraft. I would bet that Airways will absolutely go for the Airbus. So what that the company cant get they range they promise, it doesnt matter that they have to load restrict it, It will be cheaper.. Which completely validates one of our ffocus' friends statement that they know the cost of everything and the value of NOTHING!

Well considering the A350 is just in its 3rd design phase, and the 330 and 340 never have met the promises made by airbus, this leaving Boeing as the clear winner for the next aircraft. I would bet that Airways will absolutely go for the Airbus. So what that the company cant get they range they promise, it doesnt matter that they have to load restrict it, It will be cheaper.. Which completely validates one of our ffocus' friends statement that they know the cost of everything and the value of NOTHING!
Maybe I can sell Tempe some Beachfront Property in the Evergaldes! :eek: :eek: