Unifi formerly known as DGS (Delta Global Services)

WeAAsles

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
Large sectors of the airline services business were once unionized, as the work was done inhouse by the broadly unionized carriers, but in many cases, airlines abrogated union contracts during the industry bankruptcies at the turn of the century. Delta has long been less unionized than peers. As for Unifi, about 1,000 of its employees, mainly in Houston, are represented by unions.

Atlanta is Unifi’s largest operation, with about 3,000 employees. Charlotte is a smaller one, with 145 employees. It provides an example of how the company operates.

In Charlotte, America and its regional affiliate Piedmont has about 95% of the passengers and provides most of its own ground services, with the exception of wheelchair services. Meanwhile, Unifi provides baggage handlers for Delta as well as agents and baggage handlers for Spirit. Starting wages are $15 an hour for Spirit and $16 an hour for Delta.

Large sectors of the airline services business were once unionized, as the work was done inhouse by the broadly unionized carriers, but in many cases, airlines abrogated union contracts during the industry bankruptcies at the turn of the century. Delta has long been less unionized than peers. As for Unifi, about 1,000 of its employees, mainly in Houston, are represented by unions.

Atlanta is Unifi’s largest operation, with about 3,000 employees. Charlotte is a smaller one, with 145 employees. It provides an example of how the company operates.

In Charlotte, America and its regional affiliate Piedmont has about 95% of the passengers and provides most of its own ground services, with the exception of wheelchair services. Meanwhile, Unifi provides baggage handlers for Delta as well as agents and baggage handlers for Spirit. Starting wages are $15 an hour for Spirit and $16 an hour for Delta.

I suggest the IAM get a better contract than United Express or McGee Air which undercut normal airline jobs. I imagine that Delta Global isn't much different, and certainly can't be any worse than not having any health care and scam crap wages. I wish all rampers the best, but the IAM has restarted down a path of doom once again. And the new United Contract doesn't help its cause.
Sorry but I expected better bro

I suggest the IAM get a better contract than United Express or McGee Air which undercut normal airline jobs. I imagine that Delta Global isn't much different, and certainly can't be any worse than not having any health care and scam crap wages. I wish all rampers the best, but the IAM has restarted down a path of doom once again. And the new United Contract doesn't help its cause.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much over at Delta. They treat Kev very well and he no longer wants a Union. Plenty of delicious Kool Aid served year round too.

And the new United Contract doesn't help its cause.
I did too-especially given labor’s current strength in the market.

Most of their latest T/A is just mopping up the messes they’d made in the previous couple of CBAs.

I don’t know that they’ll have that same leverage a year from now.

Don’t worry about it. Delta will continue to take good care of you anyway.