UNITED FLT # 238

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSV4LIFE

Dec 24, 2008
Did anyone hear anything about United FLT # 238 from SAN-IAD on Dec 24th - it was US Airways FLT # 6562 operated by United

My best friend was on that flight tonight and lucky her - sliding into her seat found a box cutter - so she handed it in to the flight attendant - they ended up deplaning the whole airplane -

Wondering if they found anything else ??? - They made them go back thru security - United is getting a 5000 fine for taking off after 1130 pm and well they are finally boarded up again - but a F/C passenger is now missing and they told everyone to stay together - and they wont take off without him due to the circumstances - and they havent found him yet - or know why he didnt get back on the aircraft - - its 316am E time now -

Just got off the phone with my friend its 610am E time now - They found the F/C passenger and he said he wasnt going to go since he had a bad back - His excuse was good enough for the pilots and they were getting ready to go and then some of the flight attendants didnt feel comfortable working the flight so they cancelled it.

My question is did they find anything else on that airplane or any other inside scoop - thanks

MOD NOTE: We are leaving this in the TSA section for further review and comment.

Be advised that the publication of any confidential or sensitive information will not be permitted.

Thank you and Happy Holidays.

I'm sorry but if I was working that flight - I would have gotten off the airplane too - Who knows what else TSA found when they did their search of the airplane - maybe nothing - but is that really a chance worth taking - plus they had a pipe bomb threat near the San Diego Airport earlier that day on Harbor Drive around 4pm and cancelled flights because of it so you do the math - SAFTEY FIRST!!!!!

The TSA found nothing. Just a knee jerk reaction. Keep the friggin box cutter & at least you have one armed psgr on board.
Find a knife keep it. Don't say a thing.

I let someone borrow my knife one time and 2 months later i got it back from my foreman (with a royal butt chewin') after it was found on a plane, at our Airline(and probably most) we have to have our name and number engraved on our tools (though some don't).
More than likely not a big deal but better safe than sorry.

The TSA found nothing. Just a knee jerk reaction. Keep the friggin box cutter & at least you have one armed psgr on board.
Find a knife keep it. Don't say a thing.

How quick we forget what happened only a few short years ago, using only BOX CUTTERS! Hopefully no one will follow your advice and just keep it. Thankfully the OP's friend was smart enough to advise a crew member. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back