United Health Care Concern

LGA777

Senior
Jan 21, 2003
For those of you like me who's Medical providor changed on Jan 1st from Blue Cross/Blue Shield to United Health Care I would like to share my experiance today and this is not ment to be a bash UHC thread but a place to share experiences and impressions so far. Today we took my 4 month old daughter to the hospital where she was born for vacinations and a check up with her "excellent" Pediatricion. At the appointment desk we where sent to wait to see the payment/insurance office as the first person said "this hospital does not accept UHC". After an hour wait we saw the insurance person who told us we are actually no longer accepting UHC after April 1st so todays visit is covered. Now folks this is a big NEW YORK CITY respected hospital, so big it has 7 different high rise buildings on site. Not only will I need to find a new Pediatricion, and a new hospital to take my daughter in an emergency, but for such a huge hospital that employs thousands to terminate my new providor really concerns me. Once at work I shared the story and one colleague told me his daughter works for 6 doctors who dropped UHC Jan 1st so he can no longer see one of the Doctors where his daughter works. Sorry this was so long but I feel others should be aware and I welcome other experiances so far ?

Regards

LGA777

Sorry to hear this, did they say why UHC was dropped ?

The hospital employee did not know if they dropped UHC or UHC dropped them but my co-workers daughters employers dropped them over "very poor" payment issues. His daughter also said many other Doctors in NYC recently or soon will be dropping them for the same above reason.

Good Luck to us

LGA777

For those of you like me who's Medical providor changed on Jan 1st from Blue Cross/Blue Shield to United Health Care I would like to share my experiance today and this is not ment to be a bash UHC thread but a place to share experiences and impressions so far.LGA777

This is a very great concern to me also! Our biggest and best Hospital here in Central Florida, Florida Hospital, has been at odds with UHC for years! They threatened to dump them 2 yrs. ago ... do not know the status now. When I heard about the change back to UHC the alarm bells went off!

2B

I seem to recall a thread about six months ago when everybody was going on and on about how BCBS was having trouble paying on time and how many doctors were no longer accepting them. :blink:

Anyway I would take it all in stride and for the record, before I am flamed, I was on BCBS before so I am not west biased.

For the person from NYC don't worry too much NY has plenty of big hospitals and I'm sure that there must be one doctor who accepts them. Besides you could always go out of network if he/she is a super doctor.

Latest posts

Back