United-lot Agreement Announced

Cosmo

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
United and LOT signed a commercial agreement today to implement code-sharing from LOT's U.S. gateways (JFK, EWR and ORD) to nearly 30 other cities, including all of United's other hubs. The agreement is effective on October 26, 2003, the date LOT joins the Star Alliance. It will be interesting to see if LOT expands its service to other United hubs in the next year or two. Perhaps even more interesting, although IMHO a long-shot, will be to see if United starts flying to Warsaw in the near future! B)

Here's the United press release.

Cosmo, Warsaw service has been adressed, and apparently it just isn't economically viable. The problem is, when it's economically viable, somebody else will prob already be doing it. I've flown LH from WAW to FRA, and I'd thought i boarded a plane in DSM. Seemed like EVERYBODY on the jet was an american. It'd be silly though to offer nonstop service from what is likely the largest polish population outside of warsaw (ord) to one of the fastest growing/modernizing, most liberal economies of the old warsaw pact.... :rolleyes: :angry: Oh yeah, they used to codeshare with AMR. :p

Latest posts

Back