United Mechanics vote on new contract extensio

"The ibt put the reduction in one of our TA's and the membership approved it.

Self inflicted wound"

TSH, this is exactly why I always mention to read the ENTIRE contract language "even" if they tell you nothing was changed. The ibt will lie to you to get language slipped in and by the membership over "behind closed door deals" made in order to get other items changed.
It's a regular movement and done in secrecy between ibt and co. Read all language in depth, rather they say changed or not changed. ibt is famous for doing this and one of the reasons they were fired over our Colorado nego's where they made several "behind close door deals".

Self inflicted wound means the “membership” voted for it. They voted for it because at the time airline workers had already been burned by too many years of Airlines not making enough profits to be worth it.

Also a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

You can continue to try and “undermine” any and all Unions that aren’t your own but I don’t think people are as stupid as you’d like them to be.

We have a better Profit Sharing “formula” at AA than they have at UAL and obviously we can see how that’s paid off (Not) So we had a chance years ago to exchange it for 7% above the top paid at the time and because of the FA’s clamoring we didn’t take it.

The Unions are the membership and the membership doesn’t always make the long term smartest moves. Same as yours that keeps selling away its work.

In hopes this new 5% raise for the Delta employees might reflect a little more in the re-nego's to get to a T/A at United for the mechanics. Just not quite sure if 5% will put them higher than their end of this years first offer as of yet. I'm thinking their new raise for their mech's will put them up around the 65 range, give or take.

In hopes this new 5% raise for the Delta employees might reflect a little more in the re-nego's to get to a T/A at United for the mechanics. Just not quite sure if 5% will put them higher than their end of this years first offer as of yet. I'm thinking their new raise for their mech's will put them up around the 65 range, give or take.

All the more reason I still believe UAL will try and tweak the extension language - They already know that minus a crisis, the December reset will pay out, and now with Delta adding 5% that reset increase just got bigger.

While the reset increase won't be nearly as large as the extension raises, the reset increases come without surrendering a word of contract language. The question is what was the biggest issue(s) driving that "NO" vote? If there is one glaring issue driving the vote then it could be an easy fix, but if its more or less split evenly among many issues we may be in for the long game.

We'll see

All the more reason I still believe UAL will try and tweak the extension language - They already know that minus a crisis, the December reset will pay out, and now with Delta adding 5% that reset increase just got bigger.

While the reset increase won't be nearly as large as the extension raises, the reset increases come without surrendering a word of contract language. The question is what was the biggest issue(s) driving that "NO" vote? If there is one glaring issue driving the vote then it could be an easy fix, but if its more or less split evenly among many issues we may be in for the long game.

We'll see
Agree with your assumptions. Glad to hear the 5% will help you all at a perfect timing of a no vote. Pls keep us posted when new offers are passed, and good luck.

Latest posts