United Moves Closer To Leaving Bankruptcy Protecti

Fly said:
you are allowed to play on the computer at work? Would it be allowed if I had a different avatar or should you turn off the computer games and get back to work?
[post="279853"][/post]​
Look buddy, I don't report to you. And secondly, doesn't just about everyone have breaks? Many union contracts have breaks specified in them, so back off.

dc3fanatic said:
Look buddy, I don't report to you. And secondly, doesn't just about everyone have breaks? Many union contracts have breaks specified in them, so back off.
[post="280275"][/post]​
Do you work at the Post Office? :rolleyes: :bleh:

Borescope said:
Do you work at the Post Office? :rolleyes: :bleh:
[post="280282"][/post]​
It sure sounds like it, doesn't it?

You're right, I should relax and take it easy. Sorry about my earlier snip.

mrfish3726 said:

Frontier is doing everything it needs to do to adjust to the flucuation in oil pricing.

Oh really? Care to elaborate on exactly what F9 is doing to combat oil prices, or are you going to just throw out general, meaningless statements?

Here's some stats for you, fISH.

SOURCE: Atlanta-Journal Constitution and BACK Aviation Solutions 7/3/05:

AIRLINE FUEL COST PER AV. SEAT MILE

JBLU 1.52
LUV 1.64
CAL 1.72
US AIR 1.75
UAL 1.78
AWA 1.81
ALK 1.86
AAI 1.88
FRONTIER 1.88
DAL 1.89
AMR 1.98
NWAC 2.17

Dave,

I don't work in the fuel management department pal. But I will tell you that like everyone else we are doing whatever it takes to save on fuel. I can tell you from a maintenance stand point and being able to monitor APU usage, it is down over 50% since an APU usage program was put in place by our fuel management team. And as far as your stats go there Dave is that an average that the ANTLANTA JOURNAL posted? I do know for a FACT that our fuel management team will only board enough fuel here in DEN if they are going to a destination that has cheaper fuel prices and then they will fill the aircraft there Dave. So I would venture to say that F9 pays less per gallon than UniTED. And remember Dave, we only have 43 Aircraft to worry about filling up versus your 450+ :shock:! So even at $70 a barrel F-9 will struggle yes like everyone else. But there will be some competition out there that will TOTALLY HEMORAGE FROM EVERY VIEN!

The poor devil means "hemorrhage" from every "vein" not Vienna. Spelling is not his good suit!

mrfish3726 said:
I do know for a FACT that our fuel management team will only board enough fuel here in DEN if they are going to a destination that has cheaper fuel prices and then they will fill the aircraft there Dave.
And you think Frontier is the only airline that does that?

mrfish3726 said:
So I would venture to say that F9 pays less per gallon than UniTED.
You have provided no support for such a claim, especially in light of the numbers shown above in Dave's post, and thus it is nothing more than your opinion with no basis in fact.

mrfish3726 said:
Dave,

I don't work in the fuel management department pal. But I will tell you that like everyone else we are doing whatever it takes to save on fuel. I can tell you from a maintenance stand point and being able to monitor APU usage, it is down over 50% since an APU usage program was put in place by our fuel management team.
There are very few times when APU usage is really necessary. It should be almost nil to begin with.
And as far as your stats go there Dave is that an average that the ANTLANTA JOURNAL posted? I do know for a FACT that our fuel management team will only board enough fuel here in DEN if they are going to a destination that has cheaper fuel prices and then they will fill the aircraft there Dave.
That's called TANKERING. Every carrier does tankering. Some (more developed, legacy programs) do it better by tankering two cities in advance. Legacy carriers did tankering before there was ever a fuel crunch. This is old school.
So I would venture to say that F9 pays less per gallon than UniTED. And remember Dave, we only have 43 Aircraft to worry about filling up versus your 450+ :shock:! So even at $70 a barrel F-9 will struggle yes like everyone else. But there will be some competition out there that will TOTALLY HEMORAGE FROM EVERY VIEN!
[post="280309"][/post]​
What carriers pay per gallon is not just a function of their tankering program, but also WHERE THEY FLY. Airlines buy alot of fuel at their hubs. If one carrier has a better commodity price at their hub, then they have an advantage based on their network, not their tankering program.

You really want to guess, then compare prices at Hubs. Otherwise, get the fuel expense (sans hedge) and divide by gallons to know for sure.

mrfish3726 said:
Dave,

I don't work in the fuel management department pal. But I will tell you that like everyone else we are doing whatever it takes to save on fuel. I can tell you from a maintenance stand point and being able to monitor APU usage, it is down over 50% since an APU usage program was put in place by our fuel management team. And as far as your stats go there Dave is that an average that the ANTLANTA JOURNAL posted? I do know for a FACT that our fuel management team will only board enough fuel here in DEN if they are going to a destination that has cheaper fuel prices and then they will fill the aircraft there Dave. So I would venture to say that F9 pays less per gallon than UniTED. And remember Dave, we only have 43 Aircraft to worry about filling up versus your 450+ :shock:! So even at $70 a barrel F-9 will struggle yes like everyone else. But there will be some competition out there that will TOTALLY HEMORAGE FROM EVERY VIEN!
[post="280309"][/post]​
and SERIOUSLY, do you really think your carrier manages fuel better than United?

I would venture to guess that pilots at ALL airlines are focused on fuel usage. They will do all that they can to save their respective companys money on fuel.

Borescope said:
I would venture to guess that pilots at ALL airlines are focused on fuel usage. They will do all that they can to save their respective companys money on fuel.
[post="280406"][/post]​

Excellent post Borescope. I think that, in regard to F9 specifically, Mr. Fish was merely stating that they(F9) have dramatically reduced their fuel consumption, especially in reference to the APU policy. In the past, APUs would run at all times when on the ground for less than an hour, which accounted for most ground times during the day. They have also implamented single-engine taxi policies and a more scientific approach to their fuel tankering policy. Now, with all this said, they are probably just starting to come on par with the likes of United and other major carriers in this regard.

C54CAPT,

Thank you for your support, but it doesn’t matter what the topic is they will always try to find fault with the FISH. Even though he soared with the eagles once at UniTED, I was smart enough to cut my loses and get out while the getting was good. And now that I finally made it back home again and work for a WHOLE DIFFERENT ANIMAL they will never understand what it is like to be treated like a real EMPLOYEE!

No matter what F9 does to better itself and its finanacial position, while competeting head to head with a whiner airline. Continuing to take market share from them slowly but surely. They will always blame their woes and the woes of their crappy employer on the ones who really want to make a difference in this industry. :down:

And the difference being that you only fly to "blah" locations or that you fly for so little $$ that everyone in the industry had to take pay cuts to compete?? :p

Latest posts