United's August Traffic Results

Cosmo

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
United just announced its traffic results for August, with the highlight being a system load factor of 82.5 percent for the month. United saw its second highest system load factor ever in August, just slightly behind the all-time record of 82.9 percent recorded in July. And the Pacific and Atlantic operations achieved even higher load factors in August (87.1% and 85.7%, respectively) as international travelers continued to return to the skies. Now we'll just have to wait until the end of the month so we can see how these results translated into yield, RASM and profitability (at least on an operating basis).

Here's United's press release.

"Now we'll just have to wait until the end of the month so we can see how these results translated into yield, RASM and profitability (at least on an operating basis)."

Better than July, and a 10-12% RASM jump YOY. Questions?

Wow, it's the end of the month already? It seems like it was only an hour ago that I first broke the news on this board! :rolleyes: B) :lol:

Although I was really referring to United's "official" report to the Bankruptcy Court at the end of the month, I still appreciate your initial take on the numbers, Busdrvr. Thanks.

Cosmo said:
Wow, it's the end of the month already? It seems like it was only an hour ago that I first broke the news on this board! :rolleyes: B) :lol:

Although I was really referring to United's "official" report to the Bankruptcy Court at the end of the month, I still appreciate your initial take on the numbers, Busdrvr. Thanks.
I want to be able to say "who speculated about this on the boards before it was released?" "there is reason to believe..." "....ICT, UTC.....", ect :rolleyes: <_<

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out what the difference is between a "UCT" and an "ICT". :lol: B) :p :D