Unprecedented Change…

700, can you please direct me to a "MidAtlantic" F/A contract? I know 300 odd people who would love to see it.

You would need to contact the AFA on that one.

There is a seperate IAM mechanic and related contract for MDA and it is a piece of crap that an arbiter decided.

Again, you have been explained things over-and-over and in my opinion, cannot accept being wrong.

I'm not going to go over the explanation of the past, you can look them up yourself. In regard to the "painful" result, what is the virtual elimination of the Utility job classification and the IAM giving the company a concession more than 40% the "ask"? I guess in your mind it is not painful to have your previous job classification virtually eliminated.

The ALPA MEC made the decision to replace the DB Plan with a DC Plan that would have paid a 30-year Captain $1 million. Without the MEC's decision, ALPA's advisors and the MEC believed US Airways would liquidate because the company's bankruptcy business plan would not support hundreds of millions of dollars of pension payments. Remember, you were told that over-and-over????

Again, the United and US Airways ALPA contracts have identical fragmentation language. Guess what advantage that gives management.

Lose..you're kidding right? This thread is about "Unprecedented Change" and you're trying to discredit people with misrepresentation with no, nada, zero knowledge of what is going on.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

And where is your degree of certification of being a financial guru or airline analyst?

You are doing nothing more then being a rumor monger.

And I guess I have to explain this to you once again for the 100th time, the company wanted what they wanted from the IAM and how they wanted it.

On January 5, 2005 a full total comprehensive contract offer that met the company's financial target was given to US Airways by the IAM, it would have preserved the jobs, the company rejected, there by proving my above statement.

Were you there?
NOPE, but I was.

So why don't you stick to something you actually know about instead of making up your own facts once again?

As the saying goes, "you cannot fix stupid".

Time to go to bed...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
As the saying goes, "you cannot fix stupid".

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="298842"][/post]​

Guess you can't fix yourself?

USA320Pilot said:
I'm not going to continue with "mud slinging", emotional comments, or to try and discredit the messenger. If you choose to do so, so be it.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="266173"][/post]​

Prior to going to bed I saw the following interesting article that was just released by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, which I wanted to post.

US Airways doubters eat their words -- Shareholder vote, court approval final hurdles

Many analysts are predicting that the US Airways-America West union will be the first of many as the airline industry looks for ways to survive the high oil prices and make money again.

The names involved may change, but many expect the airline industry to eventually shrink down to three super-large carriers, via mergers or liquidations. Delta and Northwest are the most vulnerable at the moment, along with United.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot,

From hearing on the UniTED thread how much money TED is making for UniTED, why would they want to sell that cash cow off??? :lol:

Mrfish3726:

United's business plan indicates a fuel price equivalent to Crude Oil prices of $50 per barrel, about $14 less than today's price. If my memory serves me correctly, each $1 increase in the price of oil per barrel increases United's fuel expense by $5 million per month or $60 million per year.

Thus, United must convince its creditors, bankruptcy trustee, and the court that it can account for $840 million in energy price difference at today's prices or oil prices can be managed that will produce a profit.

In regard to an asset sale, which is permitted by both ALPA contracts, a United divestiture of TED would permit the two companies to execute a "fragmentation" and code share the flying. United would continue to receive incremental code share revenue and could lower some of its costs/domestic exposure, while it focuses on its international operation. If United is forced to sell assets, which has been discussed with US Airways before and code named "Porject Minnow", the only way United could still code share that flying is to sell the assets to the new US Airways.

Another reason the deal may proceed is that you can only sell what another airline desires to buy and the acquiring company must have access to capital, which is something the new US Airways has demonstrated.

Regardless, I can tell you this. The US Airways/America West ALPA MECs and their advisors believe there will be further industry consolidation and the new company could participate in further M&A activity in the not-to-distant future. There are many options, which by the way, could have Frontier become part of the new US Airways.

It will be interesting watching things unfold in the next few months.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot, one step at a time man! WTF, let's just get through the merger. Let's face it, HELLO, the reason most airlines are in the dire situations they are in (US in that category) is because they bit off more than they could chew in the past decade or so. AWA and US have enough to chaw on for awhile. Whatever happens at the other carriers is gonna happen. Let's get our own house in order before delusions of expansion. Geeze...

Sinking in oil quicksand....we're debating on names like Midatlantic and Ted.....HELLO!!!! It's over..get real! The one airline that can still put fuel in it's tank wins! Consumer pays....flying goes back to white glove. Let WN and JetBlue fight over $29.00 seats and $71.00 barrel(sp?) fuel. Service...yeah, right. Not until the customer is ready to pay....big time.

Please ... give someone else Ted, expanding with domestic flying is a complete money loosing proposition.. there is no money in the domestic US anymore .... let some other fools have it...

Lets aquire Asia and South America from UAL ...

As United has proven in the 2.5 years in bankruptcy, they aren't selling United away in pieces. United will probably merge with someone but it will be as a whole.

That silly pilot has been kicking himself for years for leaving United. Relax dude.

Right, Fly, but is UAL going to really want airbuses with a merger?

U and/or NWA might want airbuses.

Selling Ted wouldn't be about selling Ted. It would be about re allocating assets away from domestic to international and maybe preparing for further consolidation, while generating some cash for the meantime and reducing costs.

USA320Pilot said:
Guess what, following bankruptcy emergence what airline will have one of the strongest cash positions in the industry and strong investor support?
[post="298793"][/post]​
Oooh! Oooh! Let me guess! Me me me!

I would guess the one that has $3 BILLION dollars of exit financing lined up.

That would be ... UNITED.

Back