Unruly Passenger OR Out Of Line Employee??

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
No words are a good enough reason to put your hands on someone, period. I do realize we don't have the whole story and video was started after the altercation had started, but on viewing just the video provided I pick the airline employee is out of line. To me I notice that the passenger pulls back away and even turns his attention away from employee and looks and addresses another person and then the United Express Employee blind sides him with a slap or punch (not fully sure which) to the face and neck area. Also note the stance this employee comes into when he aggressively walks from behind the counter into his face and note the arms and hands squaring off as to begin fighting. The passenger was defending himself after the employee attacked him first. And as a matter of fact the employee was fired. Yes the passenger was arrested, but they were (as they always do) going with the airlines employees stories where this passenger was probably all on his own. Accept now there is video of it. As he stated on twitter account, he is not done with United on this matter and I believe he does in fact have a case for false arrest as he reacted after the employee attacked him, self defense IMO... And BTW; what do you expect after popping someone in the face. That employee deserved to lose his job, the pass. never touched him until he attacked him and put his hands on the passenger...

It wasn't a United Express employee. United Ground Express is a ground handling and services company. He was a wheelchair pusher according to a UA pilot I know who flew thru EWR yesterday...

Self defense is one thing. Getting up and taking a swing is inexcusable.

Oh, ok, thank you for the correction on employee title.
"Getting up and taking a swing" by whom? Are referring to the airline employee or the passenger defending himself after the employee blind sided him when he wasn't even addressing him any longer? I am assuming you are talking about the employee, but it was after you stated self defense, so wasn't positive. I also think the way the employee approached was also inexcusable as well, where is that in the United de-escalation manuals?

Latest posts