Upcoming Sequester

nycbusdriver

Veteran
Dec 19, 2002
The Capital of the World
Visit site
With the government sequester looming, we are hearing of much pain at the airport with longer security lines and delayed flights.

Will the TSA have to change their name from "Thousands Standing Around," to "Several Hundred Standing Around"-- SHSA?

I bet the first thing to go is "Known Crew Member" facilitation. Nice while it lasted; will it even return?

If 2% across the board cripples any government agency, then who ever runs it needs to be replaced. I personally took a 25% cut in my private sector airline job and I'm still here. My retirement suxs ... maybe it's time to take a look at those public sector pension?

Reactions: 1 person
In my opinion as far as the TSA goes, they should have already cut the staff at smaller field cities such as MDT, ISP, MHT to begin with.... There are more screeners than customers most of the time anyway.

The published list shows tower closures at a number of airports served by US regionals. HIlton Head, Salisbury, Ithaca, etc...

There are NO CUTS! It is a 2% reduction in the amount of increase to the base-line. All of this is just bluster and threats to keep the never ending public trough overflowing.

Reactions: 2 people
There are NO CUTS! It is a 2% reduction in the amount of increase to the base-line. All of this is just bluster and threats to keep the never ending public trough overflowing.

You are correct..... Just forced Unpaid time off during each month and ZERO overtime given out. Example the FAA twoer manager told us at a recent station meeting that "in addition to a controller taking as much as 15 unpaid days off a month if during that timeframe another controller has a vacation week they would not be able to cover the vacation with overtime and have to work short." That would impact an airport such as LGA and arrival rates would be cut at least 50% in the mentioned scenario....

Only in Washington DC is a Spending Increase called a "Cut"

The Political Parasite Class has come up with something called Zero Based Budgeting a unique methodology that virtually guarantees that no budget cuts occur EVER.. Here's how it works. Let's say you get a $1,000 dollar monthly stipend for all of fiscal 2012. In 2013 you're expecting a 10% increase of $1,100 per month. But due to the unfortunate budget crisis you find out that your stipend has been "Cut" by 3% meaning that instead of receiving $1,100/mo, because of the "Cuts" i'll only get $1,070/mo.

Now when you & I cut our budget by 3% we only spend $970. It's Bull Feces like this that is the reason I supported Ron Paul and am active in the Liberty Movement.

I think the free market should determine how aircraft are routed and when and in what order they can safely land. What's the worst that could possibly happen?

I think the free market should determine how aircraft are routed and when and in what order they can safely land. What's the worst that could possibly happen?

I get your point. Of course Fuhrer Obama will shut down the most visible parts of Government in order to accomplish his goals.

Of course Fuhrer Obama will shut down the most visible parts of Government in order to accomplish his goals.

This sequestration, including where and how deep the cuts would go, is a product of Congress (heard of it?). I think there are a few more government functions more visible to the public than ATC at HHH.

Gotta pay for those votes he purchased, but how?

Keeping that cake-eating banker freak out of the White House was payment enough for me actually.

Reactions: 4 people