Us 3q Results

FM2436 said:
I was at a recent economic development meeting a few months ago when the guess speaker (an Wall Street economist) made the comment that all US oil refineries are operating at 100%.
[post="195983"][/post]​

That's hilarious :lol: : characterizing a Wall Street Economist giving a speech about future economic conditions as a 'guess' speaker!

USA320Pilot said:
Cosmo & Borescope, in regard to your company, United ...
While I can't speak for Borescope, I have told you on countless occasions in the past that I DO NOT WORK FOR UNITED! What is it about that statement that is so difficult for you to understand? Do you also have this much trouble with runway headings at LGA?

USA320Pilot said:
Cosmo & Borescope, if either airline fails it will lose about $200 million per year in code share revenue, which could be lethal for either airline, thus your glee at US Airways problems may be short sighted.
You cannot point to even one post where I have shown any "glee" regarding US Airways' current financial troubles, including the one I posted yesterday in this thread. I simply indicated that a continuation of US Airways current financial trends would likely lead to the carrier's liquidation, and I take no joy in that. But the numbers are what they are, and "I'm just the messenger" (gosh, I've waited a long time to throw that phrase back at you).

More fundamentally, having that accusation come from you, of all people, is laughable. For years, you have taken great delight in every trial and tribulation that has confronted United, and you have gone to great lengths to post on this forum every negative article you could find about "US Airways' code-sharing business partner" United. You even went so far as to imply that United's troubles were dragging down US Airways and suggested that US Airways find another code-sharing partner. As others have repeatedly told you, "Pot, meet Kettle!"

But if you insist upon making a comparison between the two companies, fine -- let's consider the following: Why did United, a company more than twice the size of US Airways, record an operating loss less than half as large ($80 million vs. $177 million) as that carrier during the 3rd quarter of 2004? Remember, those are facts from each carrier's press release, and "I'm just the messenger."

I suggest that you focus on US Airways' very serious problems, and let the folks at United focus on their carrier's very serious problems without having to endure frequent "catty" remarks from you.

USA320Pilot said:
During Q3, the company burned through more than $2.4 million a day, ending with $757 million in unrestricted cash. That is $70 better than management predicted to Judge Mitchell during the S.1113(e) hearing when they told the Court US Airways would have only $687 million in available cash on Oct. 1.
[post="196128"][/post]​

US Airways burning $2.4mil/day instead of $3.2mil/day is hardly cause to celebrate.

FM2436 said:
I was at a recent economic development meeting a few months ago when the guess speaker (an Wall Street economist) made the comment that all US oil refineries are operating at 100%. The only problem is there aren't enough refineries. Nobody wanted to build, or were permitted to build, new refineries during the 90s.
[
Huh???

Aren't you forgetting those big oil company mergers like Exxon - Mobil that were allowed in the last decade? Two companies merge and refineries are shut down due to rightsizing. Look into it for yourself. BTW, Exxon - Mobil just announced RECORD PROFITS.
Americans are being conditioned to accept inflated fuel prices so that when they retreat to $1.75 per gallon everyone is rejoicing <_< !! Yeah, theres no collusion with big oil here W...........no sirree :down: !!