U Reports 4th Qtr Results

PSA 1979 says:
"If I see a viable business plan, then I will be gung ho to get it going. But so far the only plan I have seen is more employee give backs. "
the plan is out and they are following it. where have you been? What is YOUR plan besides complaining all the time?
if you don't like the plan you can always QUIT!

:angry:

skyflyr69 said:
the plan is out and they are following it. where have you been? What is YOUR plan besides complaining all the time?
if you don't like the plan you can always QUIT!

:angry:
[post="244159"][/post]​

You must have me mixed up with some one else. I don't complain all the time! My plan is to go to work and do as good a job as I can with the tools I am given. And why should I quit? I don't call in sick unless I am ill, I don't show up late, I am not mean to customers or other employees. And I voted for the last round of concessions. So stop with the just quit CRAP. Productive, good employees should not quit, they should continue to do the excellent job they were hired for. And by the way, I fly 110 hours a month, how many do you fly?

Fortunatly, no one on these boards knows any facts other than what we all know. The company is doinf a great job of converting this airline, with the massive help of its employees. Twist, spin, and whine all one needs too, but things are looking up.

I think this these are the only facts we really need to know

US AIRWAYS GROUP, INC. REPORTS FOURTH QUARTER RESULTS

$236 Million Net Loss for the Quarter; $611 Million Net Loss for Full Year 2004

Take the buyout and run...... This company is is a time bomb, no matter how much a320 wants to sugar coat it, the writing is on the wall.

Same as the other thread discussing CASM:

Since most of the 4Q was at a court imposed reduce wage scale, maybe the best way to "guestimate" CASM going forward is this.

Instead of taking $1.1bil off off Annual costs, take 75% of that or $825mil... The logic being that most of the savings were realized in 4Q04.

So that gets you to 11% cost savings from labor.

Also, since that is an ANNUAL number, I should apply it to the ANNUAL CASM numbers, not the quarterly number... The ANNUAL Mainline CASM was 11.34cents and CASM ex-fuel and items was 9.48cents. Taking 11% off of those results in CASM at 10.10cents and CASM ex-fuel at 8.43 cents. A further 35% cost cutting program would be required to get to Southwest's CASM ex fuel. That seems a little more in line with where I expected things to be.

US Airways posts big loss for 2004 - Airline's competitors are losing millions, as well

The company, which intends to file a plan of reorganization by Feb. 15, still has to find about $250 million in outside financing to cushion its exit from bankruptcy court. Another possibility, (Allegheny Capital Analyst Bill) Lauer said, is that it affiliates or merges with another carrier on the way out. Two candidates, he said, could be Richard Branson's Virgin USA, or United, which has been mired in bankruptcy since 2002.

Complete Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Gee... USA320Pilot presents a completely refreshing viewpoint. Not.

Keep in mind, the publication, author, and "expert" are not on USA320Pilot's list of "informed sources". I guess USA320Pilot gives them "air time" on the basis of their conclusion that "liquidation is unlikely," which supports his own view.

Anywho, I posted a rather long winded post in the "New CASM" thread, indicating that a CASM of 9.65 cents or CASM ex fuel of 7.48 cents seems to be where US Airways is headed... Given that US Airways CASM is 9.65cents, that points to breakeven at best in the quarters ahead, assuming RASM stays flat (unlikely given DAL and LUV moves) and fuel expense remains constant (who knows).

Things are improving, but it may not be rapidly enough. We'll have to see what happens. I am relatively certain it wont be a merger with UAL. Neither airline can find exit financing, and now they would have to find someone willing to finance them both and go through the pain of a merger. This scenario still seems plausible but not probable. Something like Branson coming in would require US Airways to be much more streamlined than it is today (i.e. No or less Express, reduced fleet count and types, etc).

Funguy2:

I simply cut and pasted comments from a newspaper article and you jump down my throat. Interesting...

By the way, I have personally seen US Airways' new business plan target CASM including fuel and your numbers are too high. Furthermore, US Airways chairman of the board David Bronner's comments regarding CASM are accurate.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

I was not the poster who stated who's opinion is informed and who's is not informed. If you stated, "I don't agree with this article, but here it is for you to decide," that would be one thing. But you seemingly have a habit of only posting those opions, whether or not you've deemed them "informed," as long as the opinion agrees with yours. You've done this on this board for years. I point it out because it goes to the credibility of the poster.

As for my CASM figures, I invite you to specifically discuss my numbers. In the other thread, I was very careful to spell out my assumptions, and go very slowly step by step, using as much guidance as I could find publicly available. That's it. I don't claim to know everything, and I am willing to change my mind, so long as the reasons are reasonable and not incredibly optimistic.

"I've seen the plan and your number is too high" has little credibility given your track record of predictions.

Funguy2:

I have signed a confidentiality and non-disclosure form with the company and will not go to jail over a public debate. But, I can say this: Your numbers are too high and David Bronner’s comments are accurate. After all, he is only the chairman of the board.

In regard to my predictions, there have been very few that I have been wrong on with one notable exception, the A320 arbitration ruling.

By the way, Bill Lauer knows a lot more than you think.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Funguy2:
I have signed a confidentiality and non-disclosure form with the company and will not go to jail over a public debate.
Best regards,
USA320Pilot
[post="244537"][/post]​
You signed it for a ONE TIME Meeting, nothing else, you are not a MEC rep nor a member of the NC.

But I guess the one time you held a proxy makes you think you are, move on.

I have signed a confidentiality and non-disclosure form with the company and will not go to jail over a public debate. But, I can say this: Your numbers are too high and David Bronner’s comments are accurate. After all, he is only the chairman of the board.

Fair enough. But then your claim has very little credibility. You can disagree if you like. And, I guess it goes without saying that, plans rarely unfold 100% or even 90% as planned. As such, just because its in the plan, doesn't make it fool-proof.

USA320Pilot said:
By the way, Bill Lauer knows a lot more than you think.

Then why isn't he on you list of informed analysts?