US Air Readies for Court Fight With Union

For those who desire "full pay until the last day" it looks like you are much, much closer to your wish.

Chip

"YAWN"[:0] All Dave has to do is put a reasonable offer on the table.. He must of thought that he could slide this first piece of TRASH thru using all the usual scare tactics. WRONG.. Put something on the table I can vote for ! I dont think anybody wants to go see da judge.

The only difference in the examples you cited is that US Airways wasn't in bankruptcy and facing possible liquidation/fragmentation when those events happened. I'm quite confident that if that had been the case, the situation might have played out differently.

When your contract gets abrogated, what will you say then? Instead of "full pay until the last day", it may soon be "pink slip so you don't sink the ship".

----------------
On 8/29/2002 5:44:53 PM

hmmm... what year was it the pilots struck, '92??? the Fa's caused chaos??'2000? Any other labor actions I forgot?I guess it's everyone elses turn to sweat their careers and livelihoods out, now that they got their snapbacks and pensions protected, and see how mechs and cwa grab seagull by the no-nads and/or bring the entire company down with a walkout both unions. I am ready..are the rest of you?
----------------
The pilots didn't strike, the mechanics did. And no, I for one am not ready to cut off my nose to spite my face. I am still hopeful that CWA will give us something to vote on; I don't understand how some of my co-workers can think we're better off going to the judge, and no one has been able to give me a valid reason that supports their belief.

----------------
On 8/29/2002 5:44:53 PM

hmmm... what year was it the pilots struck, '92??? the Fa's caused chaos??'2000? Any other labor actions I forgot?I guess it's everyone elses turn to sweat their careers and livelihoods out, now that they got their snapbacks and pensions protected, and see how mechs and cwa grab seagull by the no-nads and/or bring the entire company down with a walkout both unions. I am ready..are the rest of you?
----------------

Hmmm... ya think August 2002 is a little different than 1992 or 2000? Like now USAirways is... BANKRUPT??? Your taking a stand now is a bit more akin to the situation at EAL at the bitter end.

This is fascinating to me because over here at UAL we are only a couple of months behind y'all and I see these same types of attitudes here. I hope USAirways doesn't end up being the poster child for the worst case scenario of self-destruction and what happens when certain employees just don't get it. But unfortunately that may be what it takes to get the point across to people here at UAL. I hope all my UAL colleagues are watching the USAirways situation closely!