US Airways Airbuses Clips Wings at DCA Once Again!

The RJ was taxing, dont blame the rampers, blame the pilots!

U.S. Airways spokeswoman Andrea Rader says the smaller jet was taxiing to the runway when it clipped the wing of the larger aircraft and became lodged there. The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating.

The Facts

If you are going to report on this you need to get the facts right;

1)The 2 aircraft involved were an E-190 and a 734
2) They did not clip wings
3) The winglet of the E190 damaged the horizontal stab of the 734.
4) Both a/c are still out of service.
5) The 734 was stopped on the taxiway waiting for clearance to cross arunway for takeoff and the E190 was taxiing to a gate.
6) No a/c got lodged/stuck.
7) Even the company spokesperson didn't get it right.

I just have to ask yvintern. Why the glee.
Also the latter post says its the second time??? Facts and dates please.... Were the two a/c on there own, are was one or the two of them being marshaled in??? (if so, it would be the ramper's at fault. If not would it be pilot error?
Anyone know???

Also the latter post says its the second time??? Facts and dates please.... Were the two a/c on their own, are was one or the two of them being marshaled in??? (if so, it would be the ramper's at fault. If not would it be pilot error?
Anyone know???

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ here but as an outsider I have to say,

How is it that US Airways can land a plane in the Hudson River and 155 people walk off it none the worse for wear? Yet in the next breath we read about clipped wings, tarmac "fender Benders" and the like?

Pardon my curiosity but WTF is going on?

And, although I openly acknowledge Sully's superpowers, Tempe has not perfected a process to clone him so he can fly every airplane on every flight.

You kind of missed my point.

Since the merger it seems to me that there have been an inordinate number of these incidents occurring system wide. It seems like you have the Keystone Kops trying organize a one car funeral at the gates and tarmac.

I realize it's probably a perception thing on my part. It just seems people are asleep at the switch

You kind of missed my point.

Since the merger it seems to me that there have been an inordinate number of these incidents occurring system wide. It seems like you have the Keystone Kops trying organize a one car funeral at the gates and tarmac.

I realize it's probably a perception thing on my part. It just seems people are asleep at the switch
this is a stupid thread <_< .