US Airways ALPA MEC Chairman's Message

BoeingBoy,

I’m not the MEC Rep. who discussed this point. I’m just the messenger. In regard to antitrust issues it was more about market share or a potential way to reduce capacity in low yield markets.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. Have you seen any chameleons in retired life?

but it's just not believable. I mean, seriously. If you want to retain your ability to sew uncertainty, at least chose scenarios that won't draw laughter.

Sounds
Your only hope is for the EC to put some fence in place, but that will mean an end to ALPA so it's very unlikely that will happen. Some of my fraternity/squadron brothers at UAL, NWA, and DAL have told me their MECs are discussing the distinct possibility of ALPAs demise if they mess with the arbitrated decision. It is an unprecedented move for the EC review an arbitrated decision let alone overturn it – the consequences are dire.

"It is an unprecedented move for the EC review an arbitrated decision let alone overturn it – the consequences are dire."

Hooptie-frikkin'-DEE Cactus :lol: "the consequences are dire." This is hardly a combat theater of ops....how "dire" can the presumably terrifying "consequences" actually be? OhmiGawd!!...yet another airline uniform in the closet?...Time to just move on with other aspects of life?...OhmiGawd-fer-sure...the "mighty" Alpo suffers distress? or even perishes?...Civilization would be ended.....Garner but briefly a moment's grip...and regain your proper perspective young sir. :up:

I find it utterly embarassaing to see another who's earlier testified to have worn an actual Uniform, versus merely some airline/corporate "costume", actually attempting to foment "panic" over some corporate BS :down: If this place sinks into the Mists of Avalon...well...the world will yet maintain.

My own aviation "fraternity" Bros throughout the various airlines, and long time USAF comrades are ALL for standing up to an atrocity the size of the Saint Nicolaus "award" (Of course? = they're "older" than your group of the same;)....nice try though :lol:

A few things in life ARE actually worth "fighting for"...say,...umm...Honor and Respect................almost ALL that I've ever seen forwarded by ANY/ALL AWA sorts is a buncha' gutless, utterly self interested BS about some imaginary "new contract"/"better pay"/etc...as if such could even EVER actaully be delivered by your "sides" numerically virtually insignificant, or at least clearly minority portion. You guys have nothing to offer..and seek only to take....Good Luck with that.

Well we finally agree on something.
Seems that some of the Westies feel the same about the East.

Yup...a true pity that no accord seems attainable as per:
"say,...umm...Honor and Respect................"

To be perfectly frank, most pilots "in your shoes" would have been applying elsewhere by about early 2001 (except for the ones that thought they'd get a great windfall from some future UAL merger.... :rolleyes: )

Your place in aviation is at the bottom of the active seniority list. That's what your peso's bought when you came to the table. Heck, to be honest, your peso's didn't even buy that...you got a windfall (recall) as a result of the merger.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back about all the "profits" the east brings in. It's a bunch of bunk. If you guys were potentially so profitable, the other airlines would have been in line to buy you carcas. They weren't. Doogie bought you, and honestly, he is now trying to make it look like he did the right thing. It's not a tough task to show the east doing well, you just move a few cost items from operation to operation. From what I understand Lorenzo made EAL buy all it's fuel from his fuel subsid at an inflated price. The fuel arm made big money while the airline lost big.

Busdrver,

Thank you for your post. You stated that "Doogie bought us"? Now I do understand that this is a merger. But what I can't seem to find in any of our 10Ks, quarterlies, annuals, is the actual transaction of money to "purchase" our airline. Would you be so kind as to refer me to the financial doccuments that show the transaction?

Thanks....

Jeez Jim,

I thought the exact same thing. I don't know what that says but it does say something.

Hey L4Pi, tell him I said hello :D

I gotta start flying out of LGA and connecting through DCA. I really NEED to get thrown off for no reason. Nice Lawsuit, a few hundred thousand and lifetime CP Status and permenent #1 on the upgrade list sounds like a reasonable settlement don't you think.
Big fish, small pond.