Us Airways Analysis

Way to go Bob!

By the way A320, you stated IAM gave up more than any other union in this company. Would you be so kind as to give a side by side comparison with CWA?
I received a 24% pay cut and I am forced to leave(as I cannot sustain that large a cut in pay, let alone the benefits) and my job is going to Mexico City/El Salvador/Manila, take your pick. I don't think that compares to the IAM, but please correct me if I am mistaken.

USA320Pilot said:
Clue:

Is a person allowed freedom of speech or allowed to write and OpEd column?

Sure. Of course, accusing a union of misleading it's membership when it did not happen (as stated by the CWA and ALPA itself) in essence to somehow influence it's members to give concessions in order to keep one's own seat does not really smack of integrity. We'll leave that to the gentle reader.

In addition, the only reason ALPA responded and issued the code-a-phone was to pacify the IAM. Did you miss that point too?

Where can I read that? Where is there proof of that? It does not say that in the link in question. It does say, however (bolding is mine):

This editorial does not in any way represent ALPA’s position, understanding, or sentiment, on other unions and their sincere efforts to represent their members. ALPA has received no reports, nor would it assign any value to reports, that suggest that any union is misleading their membership. The pilot author of the editorial holds no union position in ALPA. The anti-union public statements from one of our pilot-ALPA members is regrettable.

We urge all pilots to contact their reps or the Comm Center for accurate updates on restructuring negotiations and the activity of other unions. We also request that all pilots refrain from promoting any management anti-union propaganda or chastise other employees in the media. There is little to be gained from such activity other than embarrassment for yourself, your fellow pilots, US Airways, and ALPA.

USA320Pilot said:
Clue:

Is a person allowed freedom of speech or allowed to write and OpEd column? Furthermore, where does the dictionary state there is a lack of integrity for writing an opinion? It's well documented how the IAM hurt its members more than any other employee group. For example, the IAM just ended negotiations where its members provided management with the greatest giveback to the company for any union.

In addition, the only reason ALPA responded and issued the code-a-phone was to pacify the IAM. Did you miss that point too?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="260966"][/post]​
From ALPA's response:
"The editorial goes so far as to suggest that the CWA union leadership, who represent customer service employees, is misleading their members on their negotiating activity, and implies that management’s side of a dispute is more accurate."

You may post what you like here or in the paper. We can judge you to be a company mouthpiece, with integrity questionable.

As for the negotiations for morale, ALPA refused to deal with Dave. As long as "Al" is on the payroll, We will consider this nothing more than lip service.

Clue:

Is a person allowed freedom of speech or allowed to write and OpEd column? Furthermore, where does the dictionary state there is a lack of integrity for writing an opinion?
freedom of speech and pissing in the face of your fellow workers is two separate issues.......
It's well documented how the IAM hurt its members more than any other employee group. For example, the IAM just ended negotiations where its members provided management with the greatest giveback to the company for any union.
classic joseph goebbels move.....deflect the issue........place blame where it doesn't exist.....mien fuhrer..you have my respects....
In addition, the only reason ALPA responded and issued the code-a-phone was to pacify the IAM. Did you miss that point too
utter bullshit.......IAM doesn't need codifying from ALPO.......KMA!
god bless clue by four for really seeing it as it is.....

I added: The employees are paying for the fuel. Why not the pax, I believe their time has come to pitch in too!

PHL added: Great idea. Then you'll have empty planes, which will save even MORE on fuel costs!

If management can no longer cut costs by taking it from their employees where will they turn eventually? The consumer!

An article on SF Gate today about United indicated just that:

"Where it will go is anybody's guess,'' Tilton said of the price of fuel. "All we can do is optimize the revenue-generating opportunities where we can and rationalize the fare structure. The yields need to come up.''

The world's airlines are forecast to lose a collective $5.5 billion in 2005, according to the International Air Transport Association, in large part due to stubbornly high fuel costs. The association's forecast was predicated on oil averaging $46 per barrel. On Tuesday, it closed at $58 per barrel.

Pax will be travelling this summer and I would raise the price of tickets to offset fuel costs. I am already paying $2.30 a gallon at the pump to drive and I have no plans to stop driving due to the costs. I would imagine passengers will suck it up and pay more for their tickets. The free ride is over!

Latest posts