US AIRWAYS and AIRTRAN ?

deltawatch

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
PAR Capital Reports AirTran Stake
PAR Investment Partners Reports 5.1 Percent Passive Stake in AirTran Holdings

NEW YORK -- Boston-based investment fund PAR Capital Management has taken a 5.1 percent passive stake in AirTran Holdings Inc., the parent company of AirTran Airways, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing Tuesday.
PAR Capital reported owning 4.7 million shares of the Orlando, Fla.-based company.

PAR Capital disclosed the stake in a Schedule 13G filing, which indicates the investment is passive, and notes that the shares weren't acquired to change or influence control of the company.

PAR Capital Vice President Edward L. Shapiro holds a seat on US Airways Group Inc.'s board.

AirTran shares rose 2 cents to $7.36 in morning trading.

PAR Capital Reports AirTran Stake
PAR Investment Partners Reports 5.1 Percent Passive Stake in AirTran Holdings

NEW YORK -- Boston-based investment fund PAR Capital Management has taken a 5.1 percent passive stake in AirTran Holdings Inc., the parent company of AirTran Airways, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing Tuesday.
PAR Capital reported owning 4.7 million shares of the Orlando, Fla.-based company.

PAR Capital disclosed the stake in a Schedule 13G filing, which indicates the investment is passive, and notes that the shares weren't acquired to change or influence control of the company.

PAR Capital Vice President Edward L. Shapiro holds a seat on US Airways Group Inc.'s board.

AirTran shares rose 2 cents to $7.36 in morning trading.
Please do not-- NOT, repeat NOT, combine US and Airtrash as one airline. You think it's bad now...

If the holding is passive I would not expect much to be going on in that area until and unless they change their SEC filings.

AirTran has a better product than we do. XM Radio and nice business class with clean airplanes. I flew them a few times and was impressed. They set realistic expectations and don't serve out of a party cup and call it FIRST CLASS. :lol:

AirTran has a better product than we do. XM Radio and nice business class with clean airplanes. I flew them a few times and was impressed. They set realistic expectations and don't serve out of a party cup and call it FIRST CLASS. :lol:

I concur 100 percent. I flew them several months ago and had the exact same thoughts.

wow, I thought it was the low cost airline in tempe that took US Airways down a few notches. I can't keep up with the pissing match...
IT WAS! They tend to use the word "ACQUIRE"........not that THEY had a pot to P*ss in. But we DID INHERIT "THEIR" Disinguished Management Team. (Ringling Brother's didn't have an opening for a routine like theirs, so they ended up in Tempe on the banks of the Rio Salado.)

Greyhound has a better product then us. :lol:

Like merging with Airtran could possibly TARNISH our image? I think HP management has done that already. ;)

AT would be a good idea. It is set up as a hub and spoke with everything coming into ATL. That would continue our conquest of the East coast, and fit into their idea of consolidation by getting rid of some competitive routes.

AT is a decent product. I interviewed for their management position, and they pay shift managers 20 dollars an hour. I turned them down to start school.