Us Airways' Biggest Union:

firstamendment said:
I know, but it is the overwhelming anger to US that bothers me. You speak of freedom to speak, but many only like it if it is in agreement with their views..THAT is what angers me. Freedom of speech or opiniion only applies if I agree. THAT'S the issue.
I do not understand. US as in USAirways or as in USA320Pilot?

I also don't understand your argument. People people agree or don't agree and when they post they agree or disagree. That what a sharing of opinions is and what a debate is.

Do you see what you are saying? You are angry because most posters opinions differ from yours.

If I am seeing this wrong please tell me how. Please explain what you want to see happen on this board.

About USA320Pilot you say you agree with things he says. I take it you mean you would like to give more back so as to supposedly save the airline and live happily ever after. But what do you disagree with? The fact that he is a liar, hypocritical and manipulative. Or do you think all that isn't true?

firstamendment said:
I expect NOTHING from you. You are one of many I try to avoid, so carry your cross and I will see you in the unemployment line. Will you be happy then?
PS...what IS your plan?
I have a very good plan which I will not share with you. My family and I will be fine. I want you to take a breath.........no really take a breath and think what it is like to walk a mile in my shoes. I truly do not care if the company survives or not. But if it needs further reductions from me I have reached my limit and feel that the job is not worth it to do for any less. You may have another opinion. Maybe you are someone that will even get a vote. My vote is no and I am glad the IAM is doing what I want and that is not listening to the company. That may be hard for you to understand. If you and others want this company saved then you must save it yourself. If I need to give anything then I will shut the doors. Sorry that freaks you out and you do not understand why Mechanics feel that way, but truly you really do not need to undestand anyways. Be well.

--No hype on this post just pure fact. :shock:

usairways_vote_NO said:
I do not understand. US as in USAirways or as in USA320Pilot?

I also don't understand your argument. People people agree or don't agree and when they post they agree or disagree. That what a sharing of opinions is and what a debate is.

Do you see what you are saying? You are angry because most posters opinions differ from yours.

If I am seeing this wrong please tell me how. Please explain what you want to see happen on this board.

About USA320Pilot you say you agree with things he says. I take it you mean like to give more back so supposedly save the airline. But what do you disagree with? The fact that he is a liar, hypocritical and manipulative. Or do you think all that isn't true?
That is where we differ. I can "appreciate" what he says with out cruxifying him to the cross. Most of you are not man or woman enough to admit that you want to be right....period..Don't BS me....we all want to be right. NOBODY is right. Everything is opnion. I want to be right. I am man enough to admit it. If you choose to bring the company down, YOU, and only YOU and the others will live with that. If you feel "proud" of that...hey..good for you!! I hope you feel good in that unemployeement line...and when you pay 3 times what you pay for health insurance, come talk to me...ok? Do your homework, pal. Oh, I know, you, you have abd you will be paid 100% insurance...LOL!!!

pitguy said:
I have a very good plan which I will not share with you. My family and I will be fine. I want you to take a breath.........no really take a breath and think what it is like to walk a mile in my shoes. I truly do not care if the company survives or not. But if it needs further reductions from me I have reached my limit and feel that the job is not worth it to do for any less. You may have another opinion. Maybe you are someone that will even get a vote. My vote is no and I am glad the IAM is doing what I want and that is not listening to the company. That may be hard for you to understand. If you and others want this company saved then you must save it yourself. If I need to give anything then I will shut the doors. Sorry that freaks you out and you do not understand why Mechanics feel that way, but truly you really do not need to undestand anyways. Be well.

--No hype on this post just pure fact. :shock:
Well, don't let the aircraft door hit your ass on the way out. Do us a favor and leave now....looser!!

firstamendment said:
That is where we differ. I can "appreciate" what he says with out cruxifying him to the cross. Most of you are not man or woman enough to admit that you want to be right....period..Don't BS me....we all want to be right. NOBODY is right. Everything is opnion. I want to be right. I am man enough to admit it. If you choose to bring the company down, YOU, and only YOU and the others will live with that. If you feel "proud" of that...hey..good for you!! I hope you feel good in that unemployeement line...and when you pay 3 times what you pay for health insurance, come talk to me...ok? Do your homework, pal. Oh, I know, you, you have abd you will be paid 100% insurance...LOL!!!
I am always right. One thing I know for sure, I'd rather do the right thing then turn into some whimpering wuss that willingly allows a corporation walk all over them for the sake of low paying job with really crappy insurance.

EyeInTheSky said:
I am always right. One thing I know for sure, I'd rather do the right thing then turn into some whimpering wuss that willingly allows a corporation walk all over them for the sake of low paying job with really crappy insurance.
I will see you too, in the unemployment line...love paying 80- 100% of my my insurance...LOl ..can you say deniel...Good luck rebels!!

firstamendment said:
We might not differ that much. You see I "appreciate" what the others say without crucifying them to cross. But when someone puts themselves in the place he does he deserves to be crucified. Just as you are crucifying the others for not agreeing with you and him.

Sure I want to be right but where I differ is I want to be right without resorting to lying and manipulation.

It actually is easy to say you want to be right what is hard is to admit when you are wrong.

By not giving into company demands, it may or may not bring company down, just as giving in may or may not save the airline. Thats a matter of opinion. But you seem to want to lay a guilt trip on everyone because of their opinion thereby altering their opinion by manipulation, just as our dear pilot.

You really are sounding desperate I sure hope you aren't and you are ok.

Why are you resorting to namecalling? i.e. calling pitguy "looser"

firstamendment said:
Emotion only never solves issues.
So if I throw a can of gas in your face and light it, and then you getted pissed at me, then I can say...."Emotion only never solves issues".

That, is the logic I read on these boards by the management supporters.

To my way of thinking, there are many valid reasons for voting either way...

One's job prospects somewhere else are not so good - a valid yes vote.

Worth making less to avoid starting over somewhere else - a valid yes vote.

Even fear of facing the cold, cruel world outside - a valid yes vote.

Etc.

Ability to make as much elsewhere - a valid no vote.

Voting oneself out of a job - a valid no vote.

Anger at seeing those who demand concessions walk away with millions - a valid (but possibly misguided since those at the top will always get theirs) no vote.

Etc.

What I disagree with is proclaiming how this time is going to be different without presenting any evidence to back that up. Especially if the proclamation is filled with superlatives about how great the "new plan" is.

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
Pitguy:

The IAM is scared of AMFA and Bronner and Lakfield have worked on a pre-packaged bankrutcy plan with the ATSB and the financiers to preserve the loan guarantee and stock.

If the IAM does not play, the company can seek to outsource all heavy maintenance because they have no choice and the PIT and CLT maintenance facilities closed. Then the airline will continue to operate after exiting the formal reorganization with a lower cost structure with thousands of mechanics badly hurt.

Do what you want, but the likely outcome of the IAM electing to not participate in the new business plan is higher paying profit sharing checks and greater stock capital gains for the other employees.

It's your choice.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
USA320pilot, you keep going after the mechanics, but going into Chapter 11 again can be dicey for everyone, including you! Boeing and Airbus cannot keep up with the aircraft orders, so, whose to say that JetBlue, Southwest, AirTran, Virgin America wouldn't go to the creditors and say "Hey, we'll take those US Airways Airbuses or 737s." How could a creditor/lessor say no to this? And, do you honestly think in a million years that any agreement ALPA agrees to before this 'pre-packaged Chapter 11' would be honored the by the company? Hello!!!??? Remember what Siegel said, "I won't touch the pension." Look where that got you - pensionless. USA320pilot, blind faith will get you nowhere, it already has. Wake up and smell the reality, and just because the rest of us don't agree with you is no reason to continue on using this board as your bully pulpit to try and wear people down to your way of thinking. It's lame.