US Airways Cancels Your Flight, Treats You "Like Dirt"

How did Patton rescue Bastogne without Excel? When Gordon Bethune took over CO there was no MS Excel. How did he turn around that pig? One word folks

LEADERSHIP

Leadership is not found on the spreadsheet.

RIGHT! :up:

I have to disagree, those people in PHL were ruined many years ago and new management isn't going to change them. It's why US Airways had a bad thing even before this merger I have experienced the rudeness, carelessness and received looks from them that are just plain horrible, and I'm an employee trying to travel also.

WRONG!!! (Unless you believe people are incapable of improving and/or getting better....and that's just sad to be complacent and accepting of an unacceptable situation.)

The people at CO in IAH and EWR were "ruined" when Gordon Bethune got there and look at the airline now? The model of customer satisfaction and positive inflight experience.

RIGHT AGAIN!!!

The ENTIRE, and I mean ENTIRE situation is poo rleadership. 110%. No vision, no accountability, no progressive thoughts, no nuttin.

Look, the fact that the entire labor situation is out of control and potentially spinning FURTHER out of countrol is proof that the leadership and management at US is poor on a good day. Remember when they were thumping their chests about how "having strong feelings because HP bailed US out?" And then they finally realized, after it was too late, that was a completely stupid position to take. Then there was a complete, utter failure on operations for 6 months....and NO ONE stepped up and said, "my bad."

Then there's my favorite....DP kicking and screaming about how silly consultants are and then further adding, "well, they didn't tell us anything we didn't already know." And of course, the ULTIMATE, "well, the pi$$ poor conditions of the US T/A fleet is because is the old US financial situation....." I mean, that's just f-ing ridiculous. I can NOT believe people tolerate that level of stupidity. Yeah, we can change a BUNCH of A321s and A320s on a dime to rip out F-Class seats and coat closets....but 2 years is WAY too long to make the B762 fleet "acceptable."

I never thought I say this....but this leadership would make someone want Siegel back.....or Wolfe or Gungwall. At least they aren't expert finger pointers....although Siegel had a pretty good finger pointing tantrum or two himself.

Anyone that thinks Doug Parker is a "strong leader".....I have about 28 books on leadership I could recommend....get through the first 5 pages of John Maxwell's "The 21 Irrefutable Laws Of Leadership" and you'll be angry.

Are you advocating illegal activity as a result of your unhappinness with the pay scale? There is never a reason to commit a felony.

I could be wrong, but I took kao's point (if the story was true) to be that these guys robbing the bank were supposedly interviewed, drug-tested, background-checked, hired, and issued ID's for a critically secure area of an airport.

By US Airways management.

sky high states: Then, WHY ASK? The customer service they were expecting DOESNT EXIST.
They wanted a HOTEL ROOM for a weather cancellation. We (no longer) do that.
They wanted a REFUND on the spot.....like someone is gonna to pull out a wad of cash.
They wanted their baggage.........it's the black one...........in a sea of thousands in the bag room.

only stating opinions

Why ask? Are you serious? Passengers don't know. That's why they ask (or demand if they're pissed), and it's the employees job to tell them "no" and why, without being rude about it.

its the same old thing nothing has changed in the last 30 years when it comes to the flying public.. to this day i still cant understand why when the airlines screw someone over its all over the news. other industries screw people over also. i was very happy when customers starting complaining about poor airline service and that when the airlines got together and started their own Customer Commitment program, okay you want this well guess what you arent going to get that... like hotel overnights, ground transportation unless you qualify the customer has rights but so dont customer service personnel of any industry but being rude and mean to customers is not one of them but what do expect from the general service industry in America when you pay peanuts you get monkeys the customer service industry is just piss poor PHL has and always will be a issue but US generates the majority of their revenue from there. no one will be close to matching the hub US has there. for every customer who says.. i wont fly you again there are two others who will... its the PRICE and if its right they will be back .. i know ive seen them over and over and over again.. Remember this is America you have choices please make them and stop the bitching...

Why ask? Are you serious? Passengers don't know.

sky high states: You just said, THEY DO!

QUOTE(JS @ Sep 27 2007, 11:05 PM)
The passengers wrote that letter not because US wouldn't give them a hotel room. The same thing happens at other airlines and people are told, without being rude about it, that the airline isn't paying for their hotel. Most people understand and that's the end of the story.

only stating opinions

I have to disagree, :angry: those people in PHL :angry: were ruined many years ago and new management isn't going to change them. It's why US Airways had a bad thing even before this merger :down: I have experienced the rudeness, carelessness and received looks from them that are just plain horrible, and I'm an employee trying to travel also. :blink: Mr. Piney, I don't think you like US at all from what i read here and if went through phl, i can see why, but don't blame current people in charge for some things that have been here for soooo long.

I agree. Mr Whineybob will never be happy no matter what. Why don't you just fly other carriers Pineybob (Whiny bob) You have a choice of other carriers!

I have to disagree, :angry: those people in PHL :angry: were ruined many years ago and new management isn't going to change them. It's why US Airways had a bad thing even before this merger :down: I have experienced the rudeness, carelessness and received looks from them that are just plain horrible, and I'm an employee trying to travel also. :blink: Mr. Piney, I don't think you like US at all from what i read here and if went through phl, i can see why, but don't blame current people in charge for some things that have been here for soooo long.
Oh, cut the drama. People are "ruined" in PHL? :lol: I have to say that I have run in to some pretty nice agents over the years, and the positive experiences with Cust. Svc. in PHL have outweighed the negatives. You are overdramatic and misinformed if you think that everyone who works in PHL is "ruined".... Have you seen what they have to work with?? All things considered, I think the majority do a d@@m good job.

Have you ever thought that maybe it is how you are treating them when you come in contact with them? Nah, forget I asked. Couldn't be.

And all of the agents in PHX have just been as sweet as pie for their entire lives, treating all nonrevs like royalty, right?

Get a grip. Your post is laughable at best.

I've never had an issue with the PHX agents...

I was treated with respect, even given a F/C upgrade to LAS..

DOnt know what your complaining about ITW?

Wake up and smell the roses..Maybe YOU spoke out of turn.. :down:

I've never had an issue with the PHX agents...

I was treated with respect, even given a F/C upgrade to LAS..

DOnt know what your complaining about ITW?

Wake up and smell the roses..Maybe YOU spoke out of turn.. :down:
No, I just refuse to sit here and let someone from PHX (or anywhere for that matter) belittle and degrade every single employee at the PHL hub. If you read my post again S-L-O-W-L-Y, you might be able to comprehend what I was saying. The vast majority of the ground/inflight employees in PHL are hard working, and are somewhat limited with what they have to work with. There are many great people there.

That said, I am sure there are the bad apples in PHX, and PHL, just as there are everywhere else.

So relax.

sky high states: Then, WHY ASK? The customer service they were expecting DOESNT EXIST.
They wanted a HOTEL ROOM for a weather cancellation. We (no longer) do that.
They wanted a REFUND on the spot.....like someone is gonna to pull out a wad of cash.
They wanted their baggage.........it's the black one...........in a sea of thousands in the bag room.

only stating opinions

Let's see - they ask because they probably fly once or twice a year and have no idea about the policy. No need to be rude to them if they ask, just explain it quite nicely and be polite. It isn't their fault they don't know that they aren't entitled to a hotel room because of weather.

Why couldn't the agent issue a refund? Seems pretty straight forward to me - a simple computer transaction that triggers a refund transaction in the system that shows up in the refund department to authorize and process a simple credit. They have this new software these days called "workflow" that can handle this stuff quite efficiently. But given the US computer services department incompetance I doubt they could actually implement anything that would improve customer service and efficiency.

And lastly - how hard is it to take the luggage from a cancelled flight and put it on a baggage carousel. I'm guessing they unloaded it from the plane anyway and it is just sitting on a luggage cart.

Bottom line - bad customer service is bad customer service - and attitudes like yours are what really piss people off. I don't give a rats ass that you are pissed off because of you get paid dirt - that doesn't give you the right to treat people who help pay your salary - called customers - like dirt and like they are stupid.

And add this to the long list of why I don't fly US anymore unless there is absolutely no other way to get there.

Why couldn't the agent issue a refund? Seems pretty straight forward to me - a simple computer transaction that triggers a refund transaction in the system that shows up in the refund department to authorize and process a simple credit. They have this new software these days called "workflow" that can handle this stuff quite efficiently. But given the US computer services department incompetance I doubt they could actually implement anything that would improve customer service and efficiency.

sky high states: They wanted a refund to PAY FOR THEIR CAR RENTAL! To me, it sounds like they wanted a cash transaction, NOT credit. Additionally, this may not be possible, say, at 9pm at night. And, what?...they had no more credit on their card?
They waited in line for TWO HOURS, doesnt that tell you that MANY flights were cancelled that night. Who knows where those thru bags were and if they had the man power to find them?

Awww, you dont like what I've posted, so you THROW THE ATTITUDE card. Save it! MY OPINION and my work ethics are two different issues! Just because you dont like what I've said, doesnt make me, rude either!!!! And, bother way, I NEVER said, this is the way passengers should be treated, NOW DID I? Yet, YOU retort with the typical low paid remarks.

BOTTOM LINE: I tried to paint a realistic picture of events.........and you came back with a typical passenger response. Go shadow an agent or baggage handler during a weather/cancellation night and see how your arm-chair experience/knowledge plays out.

only stating opinions

Go shadow an agent or baggage handler during a weather/cancellation night and see how your arm-chair experience/knowledge plays out.
only stating opinions

Arm-chair experience says it is NEVER acceptable to treat a customer the way the customer was treated in the example that started this entire thread.

If you can't stand the heat - then get out of the kitchen.

sky high states: They wanted a refund to PAY FOR THEIR CAR RENTAL! To me, it sounds like they wanted a cash transaction, NOT credit. Additionally, this may not be possible, say, at 9pm at night. And, what?...they had no more credit on their card?
They waited in line for TWO HOURS, doesnt that tell you that MANY flights were cancelled that night. Who knows where those thru bags were and if they had the man power to find them?

Awww, you dont like what I've posted, so you THROW THE ATTITUDE card. Save it! MY OPINION and my work ethics are two different issues! Just because you dont like what I've said, doesnt make me, rude either!!!! And, bother way, I NEVER said, this is the way passengers should be treated, NOW DID I? Yet, YOU retort with the typical low paid remarks.

BOTTOM LINE: I tried to paint a realistic picture of events.........and you came back with a typical passenger response. Go shadow an agent or baggage handler during a weather/cancellation night and see how your arm-chair experience/knowledge plays out.
only stating opinions

You can't rent a car with cash, and they did have enough credit to rent a car because that's exactly what they did despite not getting a refund right then.

What's really sad is that I was able to get a refund at the ticket counter when I had an HP flight cancel (the original HP, a few years ago). Now they can't even do that, because they're not capable of running an airline this size.

Arm-chair experience says it is NEVER acceptable to treat a customer the way the customer was treated in the example that started this entire thread.
If you can't stand the heat - then get out of the kitchen.

sky high states: And thank YOU for replying EXACTLY LIKE YOU WOULD AT THE AIRPORT. I simply said, company policies do not exist for hotel accomodations for weather delays, NOR can you get a refund on the spot, and finding your bag would be difficult as best during a weather event (at PHL).
Your little rant is exactly what AGENTS deal with:
phlus2
Bottom line - and attitudes like yours are what really piss people off. I don't give a rats ass that you are pissed off because of you get paid dirt - that doesn't give you the right to treat people who help pay your salary - called customers - like dirt and like they are stupid.
And add this to the long list of why I don't fly US anymore unless there is absolutely no other way to get there.

and, where did I say I'm pissed about salary? HUH? Paste it!

A simple no to a hotel room turns into......how dare that agent NOT put me up.....blah, blah, blah.

I've handled the heat just fine for THIRTY YEARS.

ONLY STATING OPINIONS