US Airways: "Angry is One Of the Words We Look For"

You obviously haven't been to Reno lately. some of their cocktail waitresses make some of our FAs look like teenagers.

There will always be a spin on both sides. This customer (or former) most likely called with their guard-up, ready for a fight. Granted, if the agent's response was as pointed as stated, something should be done from our end. However, most likely, the customer could have made the exchange so heated that there was no alternative. There are 2 sides here.

They need to pull the tapes, if there was wrongdoing on our part, fix it. If it wasn't no-fly the guy.

People are just nasty these days all across the board. :down:

ps. I thought we would honor a lower price? (If the ticket was already purchased and the fare went down)
Exactly. We have now resorted to an angry blog to obtain factual information. As I said, I am sure a LOT more transpired in this conversation, and if the story had any merit, the Company would be looking into it, and it would be all over the news. Yawn.

In a short review of the US Airways web site I've found NOTHING in the "Customers First" policy or the Contract of Carriage ...
Oh, wait! The corporate documents in Tempe say, "Contract of Carnage".

Well, that would certainly explain a lot.

They hide it extremely well, Piney...

Lower Fare Guarantee
When a new lower fare becomes available after a ticket has been purchased, customers are entitled to a Lower Fare Guarantee refund within the following guidelines:

* The lower fare is available for the exact itinerary previously purchased.
* No portion of the reservation has been flown.
* This policy does not apply to transatlantic or transpacific travel.
* Lower Fare Guarantee refunds are not available for online ticket exchanges. Certain promotional fares may be excluded.

We will deduct a $150 change fee and apply residual funds in the form of a US voucher. Additional rules and restrictions may apply. Call our Reservations Desk to seek a Lower Fare Guarantee.

Jim

We will deduct a $150 change fee and apply residual funds in the form of a US voucher. Additional rules and restrictions may apply. Call our Reservations Desk to seek a Lower Fare Guarantee.[/i]

Jim

This is not very different from what East used to do.
Although IIRC, East would credit the full difference in the form of a voucher and only ding for a service charge deduction if the customer elected to get a cash refund. I think taking money away when the price has gone down is crap.

Back in the day, the full refund was given.

But the "exact same itinerary but available in the new lower booking code" provision has been in place for at least as long as I've been around, so that puts it at least prior to Feb 1989.

For me this is almost like a math problem in logic ..

first let me say that the policy on honoring the lower far or not doing it makes no difference to me ...

What i'm discussing is what most likely happened to elevate the phone call to a no fly situation ....

i want all of you to pretend for a moment that your a reservation agent dealing with an angry customer ...you know i'm sure that at some point during the day you'd encounter a customer so unruly and rude that you'd like to scream "F off !!! " ... but i don't think most of us , even on a bad day would do that ...

Now ask yourselves , being a worker , at what point and why would one try to elevate any type of phone call to a no fly situation .. you know that having that sort of conversation with any passnger is likely to result in mangment review on a higher level to make sure that you the worker weren't pulling a power trip ... personally i'd be worried about mangment reviewing my job performance , because hey , i might not have the greatest job , but who wants to lose it in today's economy .

try putting yourselves in the workers shoes , you'd ONLY elevate that type of phone call if you felt positive that the situation called for it ... you can complain about our company and lousy service all you want , but one thing that's not allowed on any level is outright abuse of passengers , you do that your fired ....

What would the worker have to gain by taking a chance at losing their job ? almost NOTHING ... now like i've said , it's possible the worker was a nut job , but it's not LIKELY ... as we're dealing in theory here , we have to look at things generally , and generally speaking , if it's an American worker , most of us wouldn't risk losing our jobs ... :down:

not in today's economy ....

For me this is almost like a math problem in logic ..
Everybody overlooks one possibility in a rush to blame either the employee or the customer...maybe, just maybe, "angry" is a word the employee was told to watch out for and report use of the corp security.

Jim

Everybody overlooks one possibility in a rush to blame either the employee or the customer...maybe, just maybe, "angry" is a word the employee was told to watch out for and report use of the corp security.
Is that what this company has come to? Do it our way or else, gulag for you, Alex. Like shepherding sheep into the meat grinder?

Kinda nice to hear you insult an out of control corporation, for once.

No, actually it is waay beyond silly. What it is is very poor customer service. This agent is a disgrace to the company. How many customers at any number of establishments are upset with the product/service and the company rep solves the problem and brings the customers around.

But not this agent (or the consumer affairs rep evidently), no, she decided to esculate the call and threaten the passenger. And now, the customer has brought this to the attention of the massess. Shame. Another example of poor service from the ground up.
The agent was more than likley in Manila. They don't understand our language and they don't understand meanings of other words. Why doesn't someone contact President Obama and get him to start really taxing companies that outsourse "customer service" jobs to other countries. I have started a campaign when an agent from ANY company calls me and I can tell they're in another country I refuse to do business with them or even speak to them--especially bill collectors---and yes we all get those--unless they have someone from their company in the USA calls us--then I ask them if they outsourse any of their customer service calls to other companies. If they do I will have NO dealings with them.

Jim

if that's what it's come to ,then i'd have to do one of those hand to the head type of moves and just sigh and shake my head ... :huh:

Back