US Airways Cancels Your Flight, Treats You "Like Dirt"

What's really sad is that I was able to get a refund at the ticket counter when I had an HP flight cancel (the original HP, a few years ago). Now they can't even do that, because they're not capable of running an airline this size.

Sky high states: America West is history just like that policy. That policy is history because of Management.

only stating opinions

You can't rent a car with cash, and they did have enough credit to rent a car because that's exactly what they did despite not getting a refund right then.

sky high states: COPIED FROM THE ARTICLE:

Your staff made no offer to put us in a hotel for the night. We decided that, rather than stay over, we would rent a car and drive home. We asked to have our ticket to Hartford refunded so we could use the MONEY toward a rental car. The attendant said they couldn't refund our ticket, and that we'd have to call a number to get a refund, which could then take 6+ weeks, (which we still have yet to receive, 8 weeks after making the request.)

only stating opinions

its the same old thing nothing has changed in the last 30 years when it comes to the flying public.. to this day i still cant understand why when the airlines screw someone over its all over the news. other industries screw people over also. i was very happy when customers starting complaining about poor airline service and that when the airlines got together and started their own Customer Commitment program, okay you want this well guess what you arent going to get that... like hotel overnights, ground transportation unless you qualify the customer has rights but so dont customer service personnel of any industry but being rude and mean to customers is not one of them but what do expect from the general service industry in America when you pay peanuts you get monkeys the customer service industry is just piss poor PHL has and always will be a issue but US generates the majority of their revenue from there. no one will be close to matching the hub US has there. for every customer who says.. i wont fly you again there are two others who will... its the PRICE and if its right they will be back .. i know ive seen them over and over and over again.. Remember this is America you have choices please make them and stop the bitching...

I feel your pain and frustration :up:
Sadly, we are in a transformation period not unlike trains and busses have experienced.
Take Care,
B) UT

http://consumerist.com/consumer/unsurprisi...dirt-304218.php

Again this needs no added input---

"We understand that airlines do not control the weather, but customer service is something you can control. In this experience, we found it to be sorely lacking. We would hope that this is not how you would want your company represented."

"We had a choice among many airlines and chose U.S. Airways. However, we will definitely think twice about choosing U.S. Airways on our next vacation, since this last vacation, an otherwise wonderful experience prior to the journey home, ended on a sour note due to your company's horrible customer service."

Too Bad, Soo Sad....
Next time drive...
:p UT

How did he turn around that pig?

Bethune inherited a solid foundation in CO. The prior management had spent quite a bit of time and money building up the morale of the employees there. Lots of "touchy-feely" stuff.

Not trying to puncture Bethunes balloon, but, let us be realistic. Historically, he works well when surrounded by competent managers. That is about all one can say about him. Oh, and he had an open-door policy. But, then, so do others.

Are you kidding?

CO was it is worst, just went through its second bankrupcty and was at the bottom of the tier in the airlines.

Go read his book, From Worst to First.

Are you kidding?

CO was at it's worst, just went through its second bankrupcty and was at the bottom of the tier in the airlines.

Go read his book, From Worst to First.

sky high states: 700UW is correct. Another reason back then----> FRANK LORENZO :down:

I've met the man twice.

only stating opinions

“Squeaky Wheel Theoryâ€￾
There are some passengers that get jacked up on the current airline news that just can’t take NO for an answer some times trying to make a point and wear down the agent who is trying to be an expeditious as possible. This is when the agent needs management ready available to handle the passengers that believe they are special. HP has taken the tools away for the front line agent to accommodate customers during irregular operations. All management had to do is give the front line agents the WORD and tools to accommodate during these type of situations (vouchers phone cards refund checks sabre etc.) all the senior agents have been down this road before.

With my thirtieth anniversary approaching I've worked in all kinds of situations, with all types of agents and encountered passenger types too numerous to count.
How my day is going, whether before my shift or while on duty, will have some influence upon my overall mood. Rarely, however, do I sway far giving all I can to my customers, sometimes, much to their surprise. I am complemented daily by customers for going the extra mile, rather than the minimum possible.
Example: A few days ago, while checking in a 6'3" passenger, I soon realized he'd be getting a middle seat. I broke the news to him, with empathy. I returned to the seat map once or twice to convey my sincerity and willingness to try one last time. Considering the bookings, I knew the odds, I also knew the odds for a better seat were low. Despite the bad news of a middle seat, the experience ended well when I asked about his seat on his return flight the following week. It didn't occur to him to ask, yet it did to me. I looked up his reservation, which had no seat assigned, and assigned him on the last non-middle seat available. Off he went to the gate, with a middle seat boarding pass in his had, yet he left happy and thanked me for thinking ahead.
This is how I try to conduct myself every day. And when operations and staffing is manageable, this is typical of my interactions with passengers. However, all too often, we do find ourselves in, what I call, triage. With too few agents, and some fairly incompetent, I simply can't offer the quality service and quality time that I desire. When I'm forced to deal with passengers as if I'm working in an overflowing hospital emergency room, people become angry and frustrated. And they perceive me, and others, as being curt and uncaring. They couldn't be further from the truth. Nothing bothers me more than when it's impossible for me to perform as I would under more sane conditions.

Okay, these folks want a refund of there one way to BDL and also reimbursed for there car rental, and gas?!! Can you say greedy! I can understand giving them a voucher of some value, but wanting both is unrealstic, and gurantee they will not recieve. They made the choice to rent a car, so they should be responsible. A hotel would of cost them a lot less, and I am sure a disrest rate was offered to them. I believe there are a lot of people out there just waiting to go on there vacation, and hope somthing goes bad or sour, so they can make the biggest fuss possible and try to get compensation. It just amazes me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: