US Airways commits to 5-year lease for maintenance here

Do you know what building(s) they are leasing for the whole 5 years?

pitguy,

From what I've gathered from friends of mine whom attended the "Dog and Pony Show" in PIT Base Monday...The 5 year extension is inclussive of what we are presently using on the field now. Basically we are talking Hangar 5 and Hangars 3/4 and the PIT Stores facility.

The comments that came from the new VP of Maintenance were that no reductions in staffing would take place on the Maintenance side of things. This is not to say that furloughs might not take place in the "Related" areas..as some off field Planning and added Stores Jobs might move to PHX or become abolished , thus creating some bumping within the system to keep senior people in PIT, but in a different work area.

The above being what it always has potential for..Nothing is certain but death and taxes as always.

On a very positive note. The powers that be are very very pleased with the quality of the work coming out of both PIT and CLT Base...and this could lead to less being sent to Mobile. Staying far ahead of the scheduled ETR's is certainly a plus in the IN-HOUSE works favor too.

PIT Base is already slated to pick-up some 757 C-Checks. This is indeed a good thing. Now..if they would only start using CLT to the limits of its capacity...We would all be in better shape.

I guess UA just got the ground maint. contract-I don't know who has been doing it since they outsourced it to save money. The door on the plane is toast and people have whiplash.