Us Airways: Cuts Ahead For Top Tiers

whlinder said:
I have no clue how to measure it, I suppose difficult is the wrong word. I guess it would be better to ask which job requires more skills. But seeing as how it is outrageous to some that CWA workers could make less than Revenue Accounting folks, I am asking what makes that outrageous?
[post="185903"][/post]​

Nothing ,really.

You can't put someone through a short training program and set them loose on the company books. But you can do the same and then immediately put that person on the front lines to perform CWA duties. Given that, an Acct. job is harder to fill than a CWA job because there are fewer qualified people in any given applicat pool. So, like any other supply-demand problem, you price your product(in this case salary) accordingly.

ITRADE said:
Yup.

45 divided by 201 = 0.223881. 22.4% wage reduction.

Next?
[post="185879"][/post]​

No genius!

This 20% from management ranks is a reduction in payroll.

It is taking into account non-labor furloughs which is a payroll reduction. They are giving 300 workers (NON Execs) furlough slips. Management has not outlined a salary reduction if there will be any from senior execs.

You're amazing with simple reading and simple deduction. Its a good thing there is an "etiquette policy" in this forum.

I'm PITbull and I have not approved Itrade's message

PITbull said:
.... They are giving 300 workers (NON Execs) furlough slips. Management has not outlined a salary reduction if there will be any from senior execs.

I see mgt has taken a cue from ALPA... or was it the other way around?

Latest posts

Back