Us Airways, Pilots Union Near Cost-cutting Accord

PitBull:

With all due respect I know how the process works. Unlike a lot of our F/A's...I make sure I know the facts and what's going on. I don't like what I have been seeing from AFA. I know what I was told in prior LEC 70 meetings and by my LEC 70 President. I also know for a fact she was on a flight last week and about 5 F/A's asked her to the back galley to answer questions. I know two people that were on that flight and they both said they were furious and that certain comments the LEC 70 President made last year regarding bankruptcy were not true and she changed her tune. The only info we get from our LOCAL in PHL is via MEC E-line (when Perry decides to throw us a bone to keep us quiet) and through the PIT Local! Like Ms. McCarthy was told on that flight...."where have you been the past 3 months"? We have not heard crap from her and I don't care how busy you are! Your never too busy to communicate with your membership. Especially since your the most powerful MEC member...we want to hear from you.
So, let me get this straight... we are in there negotiating a "Band-Aid" for this COLOSSAL MESS? I am supposed to feel better about that? Why are we not in there going back and forth with a comprehensive agreement for the transformation plan? Oh...that's right!.....we will be better off taking our chances with the judge as I was told by AFA NUMEROUS TIMES. I guess they will be getting THEIR WISH.
Then, every time I voice my opinion it is twisted and distorted by AFA saying I just want to hand everything over which is NOT TRUE. I want to make sure the damage is a MINIMAL as possible and get the best outcome for our Flight Attendants. But look at what I am dealing with!.....an AFA MEC that thinks they can bake Judge Mitchell a few Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies and POOF!.....he will see everything our way. That judge doesn't give a rats rear about us F/A's. It took me over 2 years to learn how we get paid with rigs, duty days...ect. AFA thinks the Judge is going to understand all that with a 1 hour presentation? Give me a break.
I really don't know why I even bother presenting my views or letting my local know how I and a lot of others feel because in the long run they have it all figured out. The Great Pumpkin came to them in a field and bestowed what we are feeling telepathically to MEC. I'm done but I and many others will remember when all this is said and done.

USAirBoyA330/firstamendment:

Thanks for stating "truth". I am sure the AFA pit president has the members concern at heart but I agree with your remarks, calling people sick, stupid, insane, missed your dose on and on is not presidential. No one can be right all the time and thinking you are, well..... H-e-l-l-o.

This entire mess is beyond everyone including the mighty IAM who too will come reluctantly to the table, there is 'no' alternative but to.

Hang tough and great to hear someone speak their mind and let the chips fall where they may. I do the same paying the price of being called everything but human. I will always speak my mind and will not give in to other people's ideas becoming, "mine".

Best of Luck!

cavalier